Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yog

Rogue
Okay, I also promised Luis some reasoning for why he is so low on my trust list. The main gist is that there were a lot of alarm bells early, although nothing of note lately.
Quotes aren't working, so no names attached to these.

The main thing that set off alarm bells early, was the early pushes for policy lynches and lynching the useless "and we'll get the business done on D3 or 4!". This is pretty classic mafia tactics - giving the appearance of helping the town, but really this approach helps the mafia so much more by whittling down numbers. If town lynch the useless, mafia can NK the useful and before you know it it's lynch or lose on D4. A better approach example; I would really be all over a Gekki lynch for his D1 scumtells, but I also know full well lynching him now gets us zero information so it's not something I'm pushing.

Day 1 eventual vote;
I agree on the Pika evidence, we should lynch him today and then Tyler if his weird behaviour persists.

##Vote: pikachuuuu101

At a time where it was nearly a Tyler lock, but could have used a hammer or four. If scum, this is a great way to say. "Sure dudes, lynch that townie, you have my full support pre-reveal, but afterwards you won't see my name in the vote-count.

Day 2, pre-incident, you put a vote on Triplemo when he was being decidedly scummy. Which is fine. (Although Simsands hounded triplemo both days and we're about to lynch him so don't put too much stock in it :p )

Day 1
triplemo: 1
| simsands [#301], Yog [#397-#439], Acetrainer_Samwise [#409-#418]

Day 2
triplemo: 3
| simsands [#511-#573], Dusk Form Lycanroc [#537-#613], Jadethepokemontrainer [#558], Luispipe8 [#563], Yog [#571-#610], simsands [#592], Acetrainer_Samwise [#593-#612]

after the triplemo incident:
Hey, at least my thoughts on a Policy Lynch on triplemo was on a nice track. Despite the mess and that weird action with PMJ, at least we got rid of a mafian.

Now, let's move along my list:

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Lord Goomy

As unhelpful as Goomy is, he is coming off more and more newbie town, but the push to make policy lynches continues. I might even say you were the main thrust behind ensuring his lynch on this day? Yet at the same time, you did not lead the charge because that would be overt. In fact you are middle of the pack (the pack needed to be 13+), i.e. the same classic bandwagon position I am suspicious of Simsands for joining in.

Lord Goomy: 6 | Robin Aisaga [#569-#713], PMJ [#594], GM Draclord [#615-#678], TOTAL_EPICNESS [#672], Anime Psyclone [#675-#706], GM Draclord [#678], Dusk Form Lycanroc [#693], Luispipe8 [#695], simsands [#701]

Day 3

Okay so this may be more of a me thing than a you thing, I do not really know your posting style but the more I see, the more I realise you are fairly impassioned. In my elsewhere games, being impassioned over small thing is seen as a scumtell. If a mafia is in danger it's a big deal for their team. If a townie has pressure applied they tend to be cooler because even if they die, at least they know their old posts can now be read as true opinions. So when you blow up over a pretty casual comment like these;

FOS on the people that went along with a Goomy lynch too obviously: TOTAL_EPICNESS [#672], Anime Psyclone [#675-#706], GM Draclord [#678], Dusk Form Lycanroc [#693], Luispipe8 [#695], simsands [#701]
Oh, easy there, I didn't "went along easily". The moment both him and triplemo started to act incompetent af (casually, literally one after the other) I jumped against them and my vote was on triplemo by the time his modkill happened. By the time I got back and saw the commotiong I just switched my vote to my other suspect. You can easily see my post tunnelling /both/ of them for their uselessness, that was of 0 help to us.
For me, Goomy was useless yes, but his reveal on jplap made him seem like useless town. And there were better options than lynching a likely town. So obviously people on this list should be noted. But this prompted a BIG defense when unnecessary.

A second example;
A lot of us were tagging Pika & Triplemo trying to elicit responses, to which you had said

Stop with both triplemo and Gomny already, they're 0 discussion value rn, it's not even worth it to keep calling them.

Samwise pointed out this was potentially you scumbuddying trying to relieve some pressure form one or the other, and your response was again, OTT af for what was required
Oh, God...! HAHAHAHAHA
Seriously, I can't stop laughing right now...!
Someone's grasping at straws uber hard...! HAHAHA

Again, getting so riled up is more of a mafia trait.

Looking over your stuff in the lead up to the AP vote I have no major issues, but being that mafia didn't know AP was one of theirs it's not really indicative of anything. In general though, you since Day 3 began have been a lot more reassuring than the first two days.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
D4 Vote Count [#1]
simsands: 7 | scattered mind [#1092], TOTAL_EPICNESS [#1096], Professor_Jplap [#1127], The Last Shaymin [#1137], Luispipe8 [#1138], Dusk Form Lycanroc [#1151], Acetrainer_Samwise [#1152]
scattered mind: 1 | mirdo [#971]

DashKing: 0 | Acetrainer_Samwise [#1082-#1152], Dusk Form Lycanroc [#1115-#1151]
quakingpunch73: 0 | Yog [#1109-#1139]

No votes:
DashKing, GekkisaiDaiNi, GM Draclord, Megapod_781, Mariano11887, pikachuuuu101, quakingpunch73, Robin Aisaga, simsands, Tapu Lele, Yog

Majority: 10 votes
Hours remaining: 14 hours [countdown]
Past vote counts: none!
Note: This vote count does NOT show decreased or increased vote weights, if any.

Players who have their name coloured red are yet to post this day phase. If people would like, we can extend the Day Phase end deadline by a further 24 hours to allow for more time to vote, and to give the players who are yet to post more opportunity to do so.

@GekkisaiDaiNi will be subbed out or modkilled if he does not post substantially this day phase.

Yog

Rogue
Oh Simsands hasn't even posted today? Not much hope of him coming along to defend himself so. In that case ##VOTE: Simsands

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Thanks, Yog, I appreciate it. Let's respond:

"and we'll get the business done on D3 or 4!"

The only reason I said Day 3-4 we were getting our hands in mafians is because we had to deal with triplemo and Goomy that were being anti-town. I /do/ recognize that I was sorta being tunnelly but I personally have something about incompetence, even IRL. Whenever I talk to someone that's being overly dumb or that doesn't know what in the world they're doing I just treat them like they indeed are, so... there's that.

If scum, this is a great way to say. "Sure dudes, lynch that townie, you have my full support pre-reveal, but afterwards you won't see my name in the vote-count.

Hmm... Fair point, tbh. Didn't looked at it that way. I was more sold on the case on Pika (which AGAIN, I haven't looked at it since then ;-;), but I do see how it could have been taken that other way.

I might even say you were the main thrust behind ensuring his lynch on this day? Yet at the same time, you did not lead the charge because that would be overt. In fact you are middle of the pack (the pack needed to be 13+), i.e. the same classic bandwagon position I am suspicious of Simsands for joining in.

FWIW, I was pointing at Goomy at the same time I did on triplemo; I switched my votes after the incident happened. Not really a bandwagon in the way I see it.

Okay so this may be more of a me thing than a you thing, I do not really know your posting style but the more I see, the more I realise you are fairly impassioned

Meh, don't really look for a precedent, I don't even remember my playstyle from before myself. My hiatus was sorta long so any behavior I had before isn't worth looking at.
But I guess I wouldn't say impassioned but perhaps strictly harsh. My main thought process is always logical thinking, so whenever something defies that logic, well, I try to right that wrong. And also the incompetence thing again, which is also why I'm pointing at Gekki and @Mariano11887 , who is yet to post >.>

But this prompted a BIG defense when unnecessary.

You consider this big? It's a 3-line paragraph, not that I took an hour thinking it through :p

Again, getting so riled up is more of a mafia trait.

You have to agree with me that that"case" was nothing but rubbish. e.e

To wrap up I do see where you're reasoning comes from. I'd be glad to counter-respond your responses to my response :p

Players who have their name coloured red are yet to post this day phase. If people would like, we can extend the Day Phase end deadline by a further 24 hours to allow for more time to vote, and to give the players who are yet to post more opportunity to do so.

Dang, so fast we're that close to deadline?
Fine by me, we could get some more reads, fwiw...

The problem is that any ability sim used on AP had to tell him otherwise since AP was scum by N2. So there is no logical explanation for that defense. There is, however, a very logical explanation about his ability to know AP is his scumbuddy, since it is possible that he used an ability during N2 to find out. So sim is like 99% scum to me.

This makes huge sense. That way, we should assume all the scum team knew AP was one of their own by the time of his lynch.
Maybe we should take a look at those that voted for him after he hinted at his change? That'd be the nail in the coffin for him, so teammates should have voted for him once there was no saving him.

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
Hi! Im just going to post my reads, which is that dashking is not active and dosn't rely help out when he does post
Luis has a good argument, and is now (to me) pretty much town, or as much as one can be town without being mod/item confirmed
Simsand is reading quite scum to me though I haven't seen a real breakdown of his posts, though i may have just missed it.
For now ##VOTE:SIMSANDS

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Hi! Im just going to post my reads, which is that dashking is not active and dosn't rely help out when he does post
Luis has a good argument, and is now (to me) pretty much town, or as much as one can be town without being mod/item confirmed
Simsand is reading quite scum to me though I haven't seen a real breakdown of his posts, though i may have just missed it.

Please explain why sim is scummy to you.

TOTAL_EPICNESS

it wouldnt let me put morse code
Now what about your thoughts on Scattered, Mirdo, Samwise and me?

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Don't vote anymore, we are close to a majority and ending the day. Let's give more time for sim to defend himself in case there is some kind of a wild thing we didn't know that can explain things. Also let's give more time for Pika to answer the questions. It is important so we can read him better.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Hi people!

I don't have much time right now, I'm busy at work. But I promise that I'll make some actual comments about people I consider scummy later in the day when I have some time.
For now, I'll say that I'd love to see something substantial from sim before he gets lynched (if that will happen), I recall some posts of him that were a bit weird...
Also, my other scum read is Total_Epicness.

I'll try to elaborate a bit more as soon as I have time to do it.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
I believe we're close to hammering, I'll ##UNVOTE so we don't rush it that much. We need something on the ones that were pointed at by the hosts as inactive.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
@Mariano11887
When sim flips scum you’ll all know I am town as I was the one who has been pushing for his lynch since day 3 when he had no pressure on him
Yes, sim is much more close to a lynch than you. If he flips scum, you'll be seen as more townish (at least by me) because of how hard you pushed for his lynch. But if sim flips town, all my cannons will be directed to you.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
@Mariano11887
When sim flips scum you’ll all know I am town as I was the one who has been pushing for his lynch since day 3 when he had no pressure on him
That is such a weird statement to stay.
Even if sims flip scum, you are not cleared in anyway,
I been into games where scum pushed for other scum's lynch early on to maintain his townish cover

Hence your statement is very suspicious.

Like I state earlier, I wouldn't be voting sims atm since I want to hear his defence, and like SM stated earlier, sims is close to lynch, it's bad if a turbo-lynch suddenly start.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Also, I find it REALLY odd that 9 out of the 19 are already voting simsands, when there is maybe 5 mafia left, give or take a few (I'm not sure how many mafia are usually put in a 2 faction game with 27 people)?

If simsands is mafia, you'd have to assume the set of everyone who did not vote for him,
DashKing, GekkisaiDaiNi, GM Draclord, Megapod_781, Mariano11887, quakingpunch73, Robin Aisaga, Tapu Lele, Yog, mirdo
include all possible mafia member, or that mafia is cutting him off

Status
Not open for further replies.