Discussion English Forbidden Light Unofficial and partial Set list

To add to my thinking that Dialga and Palkia GX are in, I have noticed this on the official webpages of each set:

Burning Shadows: 12 new Pokemon GX
Crimson Invasion: 8 new Pokemon GX
Ultra Prism: 10 Pokemon GX
Forbidden Light: 8 new Pokemon GX

I trust you can see the difference, and it explains why Burning Shadows' count did not include Tapu Bulu and Lycanroc while Ultra Prism's count did include them all. Forbidden Light says "new" so therefore Lucario should be excluded from the count.

Annoyingly though, this page here (https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/trading-card-expansions/) also contains the expansion info, and for Forbidden Light it just says "8 Pokemon GX" (only this one contradicts - the rest still match up). I'm going to treat this one as an oversight...
I agree with you. Palkia-GX can easily take the place of the promo Phione, same with Dialga-GX and Heatran. The problem comes in who's filling the slot between Diancie and Guzzlord. I'd like to say it's Buzzwole but it seems like he's getting cut for some reason. Maybe it's SM-P #21, Rockruff (reprint of the Rock Throw one with what I'd consider to be really nice art). Or another alt-art promo, SM-P #115 Lycanroc, a reprint of the Burning Shadows Lycanroc. I'm really not seeing any Dark-types stand out on the list of unreleased promos, so that's what I'm going with.

I agree with you. Palkia-GX can easily take the place of the promo Phione, same with Dialga-GX and Heatran. The problem comes in who's filling the slot between Diancie and Guzzlord. I'd like to say it's Buzzwole but it seems like he's getting cut for some reason. Maybe it's SM-P #21, Rockruff (reprint of the Rock Throw one with what I'd consider to be really nice art). Or another alt-art promo, SM-P #115 Lycanroc, a reprint of the Burning Shadows Lycanroc. I'm really not seeing any Dark-types stand out on the list of unreleased promos, so that's what I'm going with.
Also, why would they specifically advertise Lucario GX if he wasn't being counted towards the GX count

Reason Buzzwole appears to be cut is because the expansion info tells us there are 6 Ultra Beasts in the set, and we can already account for them all: Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Guzzlord, Poipole, Nagandel GX, and Ultra Necrozma GX. Only way for Buzzwole to be in is if they made an error in their count. I think your guesses are good candidates (esp. Rockruff).

I removed Palossand GX, Wake, Wake FA, Heatran (Metal), and Phione for Dialga-GX, Dialga-GX FA, Dialga-GX RR, Palkia-GX, Palkia-GX FA, Palkia-GX RR, Rockruff and Unidentified Fossil

I removed Wake cause I feel he would fit into Dragon strom more than in this set

I removed Wake cause I feel he would fit into Dragon strom more than in this set
The only reason I'm disagreeing here is because Dragon Storm is most likely going to be that yearly set we have that ends up in tons of products. 2016 had Generations, 2017 had Shining Legends, and the way it's looking now Dragon Storm will likely be that set this year. Moving Wake into that just seems like an odd choice, but it's certainly possible...
Whya re we getting another Palkia and Dialga GX so soon??
Because Japan's SM5+, also known as Ultra Force, had alternate types of the Dialga GX and Palkia GX from Ultra Prism. It makes much more sense than the random promos (Phione and Heatran) that were in those current places, and having the FA variant in the set solved a numbers problem caused by Bonnie's FA.

The only reason I'm disagreeing here is because Dragon Storm is most likely going to be that yearly set we have that ends up in tons of products. 2016 had Generations, 2017 had Shining Legends, and the way it's looking now Dragon Storm will likely be that set this year. Moving Wake into that just seems like an odd choice, but it's certainly possible...

Because Japan's SM5+, also known as Ultra Force, had alternate types of the Dialga GX and Palkia GX from Ultra Prism. It makes much more sense than the random promos (Phione and Heatran) that were in those current places, and having the FA variant in the set solved a numbers problem caused by Bonnie's FA.

Oh so they're going to have the same attacks, much like Silvally GX? Shame, a Palkia with Aqua Turbo would be amazing ;(

Why woild moving Wake be odd. He fits better in a set partially based off water then a Kalos set

Oh so they're going to have the same attacks, much like Silvally GX? Shame, a Palkia with Aqua Turbo would be amazing ;(
Yeah, I think they'll be identical that way. But I think the FA and RR variants have new art, I particularly like Palkia's Rainbow-Rare.
Why woild moving Wake be odd. He fits better in a set partially based off water then a Kalos set
That was why I said it was possible, I was more weirded out by a card like that being inserted into a set that's probably gonna be in tons of products. I feel like merging a set like that with other cards is just an odd choice, especially when you compare it to a normal set. I'm not saying moving him makes no sense, it's impossible for him to stay in Forbidden Light, but Dragon Storm wasn't my first though as to where he'd be moving.

It's leak season! Several new cards were confirmed for the set. Namely Ultra Recon Squad, and Wake (being renamed to Crasher Wake). We also had Lycanroc confirmed as #76, meaning only one Rockruff can be in the set. Not sure who is in-between Lycanroc and Pangoro though.

Also, Mystery Treasure comes in Build & Battle Kits, which is awesome.

It's leak season! Several new cards were confirmed for the set. Namely Ultra Recon Squad, and Wake (being renamed to Crasher Wake). We also had Lycanroc confirmed as #76, meaning only one Rockruff can be in the set. Not sure who is in-between Lycanroc and Pangoro though.

I'm ecstatic to hear the one card I wanted was confirmed for the set! But could you show us where you got this information?

In the video, it looks like Mesprit is 42, (and Uxie 41), and I'm pretty sure we can confirm Sliggoo as 93.

Also can I just say how I hate that they're doing Legendaries and Mythical Pokémon as uncommons? Manaphy in the last set, and now both Mesprit (didn't see if Uxie was) and Hoopa aren't rares

Also can I just say how I hate that they're doing Legendaries and Mythical Pokémon as uncommons? Manaphy in the last set, and now both Mesprit (didn't see if Uxie was) and Hoopa aren't rares

I agree that it's pretty degrading, but it's nowhere near as bad as them having a literal shiny as uncommon in Steam Siege.

In the video, it looks like Mesprit is 42, (and Uxie 41), and I'm pretty sure we can confirm Sliggoo as 93.

Yeah. Its pretty unfair. Tiny Legendaries treat as uncommons in this 2018 set. Don't tell me Jirachi will be uncommon in Celestial Storm.

So it sounds like they really did reprint Unidentified Fossil...wonder if they'll reprint it again in the following set if Cradily and Armaldo are in it lol.

I still stand by saying that Buzzwole is in and that they miscounted the UBs...we'll find out soon enough!

Last edited:
Yeah. Its pretty unfair. Tiny Legendaries treat as uncommons in this 2018 set. Don't tell me Jirachi will be uncommon in Celestial Storm.

I have no problem with weak cards depicting legendaries/mythics getting lower rarities. It's no different to the occasional common Stage 1's/Uncommon Stage 2's we get IMO. A little unusual, but not at all unwarranted. Why should Ultra Prism Manaphy have been anything above Uncommon, for example? If it were any other Pokemon, even a popular one like Lapras, you wouldn't even bat an eye at such an unremarkable card being low-rarity.

If anything, legendaries have been over-raritied for quite some time now. They're often no better than a lot of the uncommons in a given set. (With a slight bias caused by them typically being big basics, making them slightly more usable by default.) It actually annoys me when bad legendary cards are Rares/Holos. (Still haven't gotten over Plasma Blast Mesprit. >.>)

Back