News Japan's SM6b, 'Champion Road'!

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
Based on the placement of Articuno GX (14), we won't get a Blaziken GX in this set, as Blaziken is 13. So assuming we'll get one, it'll be in SM7, along with Rayquaza and Stakataka!

The set will feature Rayquaza-GX and Stakataka-GX from Japan’s upcoming SM7 Charisma of the Wrecked Sky (96+ cards) as well as Articuno-GX, Blaziken-GX, and Scizor-GX from SM6b Champion Road (66+ cards). Salamence-GX should also be included.
I thought Blaziken-GX was already confirmed for Champion Road?

Perhaps this means we will actually get a Fighting type GX!

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
No, it was just assumed likely since it there was a blaziken in the promotional art

I see. I looked at the original blurb for Celestial Storm, and since Blaziken-GX is right in between the other Champion Road GXs, I can see why that assumption was made.

Nature’s Wrath in Full Fury!

Watch out for the vortex! It’s a season of furious emerald storms and a sky alive with portents, as Pokémon and creatures from Ultra Space clash. Some ride the storm, and others defy it, with a lineup including Articuno-GX, Blaziken-GX, Scizor-GX, Stakataka-GX, and the amazing Rayquaza-GX, plus new cards featuring Latios, Latias, and Jirachi.

Face the winds of change head-on in the Pokémon TCG: Sun & Moon—Celestial Storm expansion!

Anyway, at least there will be a Blaziken-GX together with Firestarter Blaziken in Celestial Storm for us, so I hope they go well together.

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
Ooh, doing 20 damage to all of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon is waaay better than doing 20 to one. You still would rather want to attack with another partner pokémon to Blaziken, however.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Silly question why 70% of fire pokemon had an attack based on discard energy? Its look like an kind of archetype thing, did any other type has an archetype kind of moves?

sKizor

Aspiring Trainer
I called this one. Both of the Blaziken ex from Aqua/Magma and Crystal Guardians were not played very much. Firestarter Blaziken however was played a lot back in the day. It was even piloted to a 2nd place finish at worlds in 2004 by one Chris Fulop...I feel old...