• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Reverse Mill?

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
So, I was looking through threads on here and saw a deck based off Hippopotas. I tried to make it work in standard, with no success. I figured expanded would treat it better, since we have cards like Shaymin EX and Unown. Here's the list (I'm 5-for-5):

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 21

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 2 Zorua DEX 70
* 1 Zorua SLG 52
* 3 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 1 Buzzwole-GX CIN 57
* 3 Hippopotas UPR 68
* 4 Archen PLB 53
* 2 Exeggcute PLF 4
* 3 Unown AOR 30

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 2 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 1 N FCO 105
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 2 Choice Band BUS 162
* 2 Field Blower GRI 163
* 2 Sky Field ROS 89
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75

##Energy - 10

* 4 Double Colorless Energy GRI 166
* 3 Fighting Energy EVO 96
* 3 Strong Energy FFI 104

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Strategy:
Get yourself down to 3 cards as soon as possible, to use Eleventh-Hour Tackle. (If you can't get it by Turn 3-4 use Buzzwole or Zoroark to attack in the meantime). Once you get there, do as little as possible eventually you'll have 0 cards left, at this point use Archen in combination with Trade every turn guaranteeing you never deck out without your opponent doing something. The only bad matchup is (ironically) mill decks (i.e. Quad Glaceon, Sable/Garb, Wails, etc.), due to Team Rocket's Handiwork this card can cause you to lose going into your turn. Your best option would be to use 4 "Prehistoric Call"s this means your opponent would need 2 heads to win. You may be asking, why not use just 3? The answer being your opponent would now need at minimum 4 Trick Shovels or 1 Heads on Handiwork and 2 Shovels. Any thoughts/comments?

UPDATE: I'm now 28/6 with wins against Golisopod Gardevoir/Gallade/Beach, Zoro/Roc, Greninja, Volc, Glaceon/Ninetales and 3 Night Marches

Last edited:
I know red card was the play for the last expanded regional. Does that card throw a wrench into this decks plans at all?

UPDATE: my record is currently at 16/4/0. A couple of those losses have been VERY close. But an 80% win rate isn't bad at all

UPDATE: my record is currently at 16/4/0. A couple of those losses have been VERY close. But an 80% win rate isn't bad at all

How the heck you're winning with 3 or fewer cards in your deck, is insane, your opponents must feel like trash.

Wow! Before I begin, I would like to say that I'm very flattered that you've taken one of my ideas and expounded upon it. No sarcasm here- well done!
A few suggestions I would like to make are some cards that help you stay at the "3" mark (once you've hit it, of course). Pal Pad, Mantainence, and Super Rod are what I typically use, but, seeing your line of energies, running the Special Energy Recycler is probably a smart move for you. Not only does it help return the precious energy back into your deck, but it will make your opponent groan out loud as they realize that you have put another two turns on your clock. Finally, may I suggest a stadium that helps you draw more cards? Tropical Beach might seem good, or even more fringe stadiums, such as Scorched Earth (or Battle City! *audible cricket chirps*).
Overall, I LOVE your list! Keep up the excellent work!

Wow! Before I begin, I would like to say that I'm very flattered that you've taken one of my ideas and expounded upon it. No sarcasm here- well done!
A few suggestions I would like to make are some cards that help you stay at the "3" mark (once you've hit it, of course). Pal Pad, Mantainence, and Super Rod are what I typically use, but, seeing your line of energies, running the Special Energy Recycler is probably a smart move for you. Not only does it help return the precious energy back into your deck, but it will make your opponent groan out loud as they realize that you have put another two turns on your clock. Finally, may I suggest a stadium that helps you draw more cards? Tropical Beach might seem good, or even more fringe stadiums, such as Scorched Earth (or Battle City! *audible cricket chirps*).
Overall, I LOVE your list! Keep up the excellent work!
I can't afford a beach lol. Also, Archen gives me infinite turns so the recommendations aren't that necessary. Plus I don't have space for that stuff.

totally stealing this because a group of us where i play wanted to make hippos and friends

HAHAHA! I LOVE this deck. It's so fun. Nothing I would change, other than maybe a recovery card/s for your Hippos.

Congrats to you for actually making a working list for this.

So, I was looking through threads on here and saw a deck based off Hippopotas. I tried to make it work in standard, with no success. I figured expanded would treat it better, since we have cards like Shaymin EX and Unown. Here's the list (I'm 5-for-5):

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 21

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 2 Zorua DEX 70
* 1 Zorua SLG 52
* 3 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 1 Buzzwole-GX CIN 57
* 3 Hippopotas UPR 68
* 4 Archen PLB 53
* 2 Exeggcute PLF 4
* 3 Unown AOR 30

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 2 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 1 N FCO 105
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 2 Choice Band BUS 162
* 2 Field Blower GRI 163
* 2 Sky Field ROS 89
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75

##Energy - 10

* 4 Double Colorless Energy GRI 166
* 3 Fighting Energy EVO 96
* 3 Strong Energy FFI 104

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Strategy:
Get yourself down to 3 cards as soon as possible, to use Eleventh-Hour Tackle. (If you can't get it by Turn 3-4 use Buzzwole or Zoroark to attack in the meantime). Once you get there, do as little as possible eventually you'll have 0 cards left, at this point use Archen in combination with Trade every turn guaranteeing you never deck out without your opponent doing something. The only bad matchup is (ironically) mill decks (i.e. Quad Glaceon, Sable/Garb, Wails, etc.), due to Team Rocket's Handiwork this card can cause you to lose going into your turn. Your best option would be to use 4 "Prehistoric Call"s this means your opponent would need 2 heads to win. You may be asking, why not use just 3? The answer being your opponent would now need at minimum 4 Trick Shovels or 1 Heads on Handiwork and 2 Shovels. Any thoughts/comments?

UPDATE: I'm now 28/6 with wins against Golisopod Gardevoir/Gallade/Beach, Zoro/Roc, Greninja, Volc, Glaceon/Ninetales and 3 Night Marches

You better take this to the next expanded regionals.

Back