• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lucario/Zoroark for Regionals

In regards to cards you're considering, the only ones the deck should play are basic Fighting for the exact reason you gave, plus there's a condition for Zoroark to attack, and Energy Lotto because again, your reasoning is justified. Lucario beats Greninja, you can Puzzle or Trade into Supporters, your attackers can attack for manual attachments easily, so Multi Switch would be a waste. Scoop Up requires too much space dedication, BuzzRoc plays Oricorio for Mew-EX, BuzzGarb shuts Mew off, and Special Charge isn't really good or bad. You can Puzzle for Energy if you need it, but it's also nice to have. But the deck needs space, and I would say that it's minimal priority, but there is a good enough reason to play it.
Would you say I should just drop the 4th strong energy for the 1 basic fighting or should I try to squeeze it in somewhere else, I'm going to edit the main post with an updated list shortly.
EDIT: My original post now reflects the current decklist I'm using. The only thing that I would like to fit in but haven't is the basic fighting energy

Last edited:
Would you say I should just drop the 4th strong energy for the 1 basic fighting or should I try to squeeze it in somewhere else, I'm going to edit the main post with an updated list shortly.
EDIT: My original post now reflects the current decklist I'm using. The only thing that I would like to fit in but haven't is the basic fighting energy
Solid list. Without Regirock, Strong and Choice Band make a fresh Lucario hit for 170. So Strong Energy are valuable to a certain degree. I say drop 2 Strong for 2 basic Fighting, but you can be flexible with that if you want. You want at least 2 basic Fighting so Zoroark can hit into Xurkitree if necessary, and because Enhanced Hammers don't work on them.

Solid list. Without Regirock, Strong and Choice Band make a fresh Lucario hit for 170. So Strong Energy are valuable to a certain degree. I say drop 2 Strong for 2 basic Fighting, but you can be flexible with that if you want. You want at least 2 basic Fighting so Zoroark can hit into Xurkitree if necessary, and because Enhanced Hammers don't work on them.
You're sure only 2 Strong would be enough? If I dropped 2 strong for 2 Basic fighting you think that would leave the deck in a decent enough position?
What do you think I could change to help my performance against Glaceon-GX decks? That's my biggest fear for tomorrow.

You're sure only 2 Strong would be enough? If I dropped 2 strong for 2 Basic fighting you think that would leave the deck in a decent enough position?
What do you think I could change to help my performance against Glaceon-GX decks? That's my biggest fear for tomorrow.
Lucario OHKOs Zoroarks either way, 2 Strong should be plenty. Lucario should beat Glaceon. The prize trade is even, but Glaceon needs 2 manual attachments to attack. It hasn't been giving Zoroark any trouble in the 2 months it's been legal, has it? Flying Flip for the first couple turns if possible, then run their Glaceons over with Lucario.

Lucario OHKOs Zoroarks either way, 2 Strong should be plenty. Lucario should beat Glaceon. The prize trade is even, but Glaceon needs 2 manual attachments to attack. It hasn't been giving Zoroark any trouble in the 2 months it's been legal, has it? Flying Flip for the first couple turns if possible, then run their Glaceons over with Lucario.
In theory yes, but somehow I still find myself struggling against the deck.
If you're available at all during the rest of the day would you want to playtest with me?

In theory yes, but somehow I still find myself struggling against the deck.
If you're available at all during the rest of the day would you want to playtest with me?
I can't. Right now my phone priveliges are being taken away. What about Glaceon causes you problems? You should take faster prizes and you don't need Zoroark for any reason.

I can't. Right now my phone priveliges are being taken away. What about Glaceon causes you problems? You should take faster prizes and you don't need Zoroark for any reason.
Usually in my games vs Glaceon they end up going first, denying my Lele, which I usually never get anyway as well as not starting with Brigette. I just have a general hard time setting up and getting going as they usually have aggressive Guzma plays on my starters before they evolve, and if I do set up a Zoroark, Trade isn't helping me at all. The 30 that is spread after the first Frost Bullet is devastating because a choice band turns their GX attack into a 180 vs the target that had 30 damage on it, adding up to 210 which is the max health of everything in my deck.

29390775_2034734870097791_1003648361_o.jpg

As quick reference, I think the 3-2 split for the fighting energies is perfect, since you have 3 Strong for the 170 hit on lele and 2 basic to fight against mill. If you wanna get more chances of fighting energies you can get a 4th Strong or an energy loto, depends on the specific list. I run a 4th strong on a list with 2 buzzwole for example, but here i put in a Loto since I use the DCE more.

Also I really need a new gameplan for fighting Hoopa. He runs through Riolu like nothing and It's hard to 2 shot him for 1 prize when he takes 1 prize every turn. I can only double Puzzle twice, and their Acerolas slow me down to the point that I can't do anything.

Also I really need a new gameplan for fighting Hoopa. He runs through Riolu like nothing and It's hard to 2 shot him for 1 prize when he takes 1 prize every turn. I can only double Puzzle twice, and their Acerolas slow me down to the point that I can't do anything.
Hoopa's way too easy to counter. No one will play it and do well. If you do end up facing it, just play around it into a tie. But I gumball guarantee you won't play against it. If you play well in your other rounds, you can afford that one loss anyway.

Hoopa's way too easy to counter. No one will play it and do well. If you do end up facing it, just play around it into a tie. But I gumball guarantee you won't play against it. If you play well in your other rounds, you can afford that one loss anyway.
Inb4 I play it round 1 and get horrible hands both games then go on an utter losing streak for the rest of the event. Every major event I've played in I get screwed into matchmaking hell because I lose the first round.

Inb4 I play it round 1 and get horrible hands both games then go on an utter losing streak for the rest of the event. Every major event I've played in I get screwed into matchmaking hell because I lose the first round.
Oh, You're a master. Even better since masters don't play turbo Hoopa if they want to win. Also, Lucario/Zoroark has great matchups, so I'm sure you'll do fine if you don't play like you need a helmet.

I can see how it works and I am not saying it isn't good, but I think your deck and mine are two different versions of the same deck, much like Gardevoir GX with 4 Max Potion, and Gardevoir GX without Max Potion. I was very influenced by Caleb's article so that is how I built my deck, and I imagine you built yours with influence from Mahone's stream? Either way, they both work well.

50% My own, 50% Mahone's.

Back