• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Solgaleo GX/Zoroark GX (Solgark? Zoroleo?)

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Here's a fun, yet competitive deck that pairs the draw power of Zoroark-GX with the sheer power of Solgaleo-GX. I saw the list on HeyFonte (or maybe it was Virbank City, I don't remember) and made some significant changes, namely adding Puzzle of Time. Really satisfied with how it's played so far, but always open to suggestions!

Get multiple Zoroark GX out early, Trade into multiple Solgaleo and Rare Candy, use Sol Burst GX to set up you Solgaleo GX, follow up with Solgaleo Prism to recover discarded Energy, Zoroark GX acts as a backup attacker with decent bulk and a different weakness while allowing you to aggressively draw through your deck, Mew-EX is mainly for Buzzwole GX.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 3 Zorua PR-SM SM83
* 3 Zoroark-GX PR-SM SM84
* 1 Solgaleo {*} UPR 89
* 3 Solgaleo-GX SUM 143
* 4 Cosmog SUM 64
* 1 Mew-EX PR-XY XY126
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 3 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Super Rod NVI 95
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 3 Cynthia UPR 148
* 4 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 1 Mallow GRI 145
* 3 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 N NVI 92
* 1 Max Potion GRI 128
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129

##Energy - 12

* 4 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69
* 8 Metal Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Oh no! No emergency Cosmoem! Take out a Cosmog for a Cosmoem.
I'd also say take out a Rare Candy for something utility like maybe a Max Potion(?).

Oh no! No emergency Cosmoem! Take out a Cosmog for a Cosmoem.
I'd also say take out a Rare Candy for something utility like maybe a Max Potion(?).

I think removing a Cosmog for a Cosmoem is justifiable. I will say that I've had no problem getting Rare Candy and Solgaleo GX in hand, though.

The deck was originally running two Max Potion, but that was before I added Puzzle of Time. I can use Max Potion a second time with PoT so I think that spot is better used elsewhere.

This seems like a pretty solid list so far. The stage 1 of any Zoroark-themed deck using stage 2 pokemon seems to just be personal preference, mostly on the side of running no stage 1 and just using rare candy but if you play Evosoda, I think it can make for a nice option to go into the Cosmoem when you have no other target. What I just said is very situational though but just a thought.

I think with the accessibility power of Puzzle of Time, it means you can run less situational cards to get them back later in the game. You already know this given your thoughts on Max Potion, so I don't think you need to run 4 Guzma, for as broken as the card is to me. 3 Guzmas should work fine in a build like this, 2 if you really feel like you'll use it in the late game. Having a second Mallow is also preferable for decks that need to get their stage 2 out, esspecially when Solgaleo is the subject given that you want the turn 2 Sol Burst as much as possible. Sure it's searchable via Lele, but on the other hand that Mallow could be prized. My last suggestion would just to put in one more Zorua and Zoroark to complete the 4-4 line, since that's just more consistency on the department of trying to get Solgaleo out.

All of what I said is more preferred than it is mandatory or optimal, but like what else I said this list looks pretty solid. Just things here and there, that's all.

Here is my updated list. Removed the third Field Blower for a Choice Band. Even though Solgaleo-GX OHKOs most things, the Choice Band does allow it to OHKO all 240-250 HP Pokémon. Puzzle of Time allows me to re-use Field Blower if needed so I felt the third copy was flexible. Tried adding a copy of Professor Sycamore but hardly used it. 3 Cynthia, 3 N, and a 3-3 Zoroark-GX line is enough draw power. I did remove the one copy of Mallow for the third N. I know Mallow is great in any Zoroark-GX deck, but it's very situational and I preferred having another draw Supporter, especially N. This deck tends to fall behind in Prizes while setting up so N is great at disrupting my opponent while allowing me to refresh my hand.

Overall, I'm very happy with how the deck has performed. I rarely have issues setting up one or two Solgaleo-GX.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 3 Zorua PR-SM SM83
* 3 Zoroark-GX PR-SM SM84
* 1 Solgaleo {*} UPR 89
* 3 Solgaleo-GX SUM 143
* 4 Cosmog SUM 64
* 1 Mew-EX PR-XY XY126
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Super Rod NVI 95
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 3 Cynthia UPR 148
* 4 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 N NVI 92
* 1 Max Potion GRI 128
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129

##Energy - 12

* 4 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69
* 8 Metal Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

After looking at you build I will show you what I’m messing around with. Results have been positive.

Pokémon - 18

4 Zorua PR-SM SM83
4 Zoroark-GX PR-SM SM84
1 Solgaleo {*} UPR 89
2 Solgaleo-GX SUM 143
3 Cosmog SUM 64
1 Mew-EX PR-XY XY126
3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

Trainer Cards - 32

1 Choice Band GRI 121
3 Brigette BKT 134
1 Super Rod NVI 95
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
2 Professor Sycamore STS 114
2 Guzma BUS 143
2 Mallow GRI 145
1 Parallel City BKT 145
2 Field Blower GRI 125
3 N NVI 92
1 Max Potion GRI 128
3 Rare Candy SUM 129
2 Evosoda GEN 62
1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124

Energy - 1o

4 Double Colorless Energy
6 Metal Energy

Let me know what you think.

Id ditch -1 rod. U almost always rely on sol prism star so its not necessary.
My list is

Pokemon 18
4 zorua shl
3 zoroark gx shl
1 zoroark bkt
1 sogaleo * upr
3 cosmog wac arnolds promo
3 solgaleo gx sumo
1 mew ex drx
2 tapu lele gri

Trainers 30

2 field blowers gri