• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format In Da Future: Goodra from Forbidden Light!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Pokémon: 17
3 Goomy
3 Sliggoo
3 Goodra
3 Eevee
2 Sylveon GX
1 Sylveon
2 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers: 33
2 Sycamore
2 N/Cynthia
2 Wally
3 Guzma
1 Lusamine
1 Fisherman
1 Brigette

3 Choice Band
2 Mysterious Treasure
3 Ultra Ball
2 Professor’s Letter
3 Special Charge
1 Field Blower
2 Rescue Stretcher

3 Devoured Field

Energy: 12
4 Fairy Energy
3 Water Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
1 Super Boost Energy <>

This deck was built to house @Yog’s idea of crossing the deck with Sylveon GX! Seemed like a good idea, so here it is!

All the card translations can be found on the front page of the news.

Last edited:
Hi, the only problem with Goodra is that you actually have to have damage to heal off to do more damage, because of this i would cut the Devoured Fields for Po Towns because again you have to have actually healed damage to do more damage.

This card just isn't playable without DDE.

Maybe with Garde, but that alone is too clunky.

Hi, the only problem with Goodra is that you actually have to have damage to heal off to do more damage, because of this i would cut the Devoured Fields for Po Towns because again you have to have actually healed damage to do more damage.
That is a good idea. Devoured fields hep me OHKO some Stage 1 GX's, though. I'm stuck!
I reckon if the need strikes me, I'll play some Rainbow Energy.
That's a very good point your brought up.

Why the pokefinder roto dex?
Also, could manaphy SHL be good in here, as you can heal each turn?

I feel like roto dex could be swapped for Cynthia, and I also feel like rainbow energy would help. Other than that, I really hope this deck works.

I really want to see how the rotom dex works out for you. I've been debating on switching over to that from puzzle of time, and really not looking forward to when puzzle goes away.

But the rotom dex is basically a cheaper version of puzzle, just get to look at the top 4 instead of 3, but you can't go digging in your discard with it. With the zoroark draw engine it could work out well.

Ooh I really like the combo of the Manaphy from SHL with Po Town or Manaphy with rainbow energy to get that damage boost. :)

Also, if this is standard for this year, you could try adding puzzle of time, especially since you want the look at the top x cards of your deck effect.

You can cut down the number of Goomy to 3 since you have Sliggoo with its Duplication.
I want to, I really do.
But my favorite Pokémon is Goomy! This is the rare chance where I get to actually PLAY Goomy, and I can’t let even one escape me.
Plus, they might have really useful abilities, we don't know.

PLEASE NOTE:
I will be editing the deck list soon to what I hope can be a more consistent build. This will take everything everyone previously said into consideration.
These changes include:

• Removing both Zoroark lines to put in 2 Sycamore and 2 N/Cynthia.
  • Removing 2 [Y] Energy and 2 [W] Energy for 4 Rainbow Energy.
  • Completely wiping out Ultra Ball and putting in 2 more Mysterious Treasure.
  • Subbing Rotom Dex and 1 Rescue Stretcher for Puzzle of Time.
  • Removing 1 Energy Retreival for a Tapu Lele GX.
  • Using the remaining Ultra Ball space for 2 Rescue Stretcher.
  • Swapping the second Energy Retrieval and the only Pal Pad for 1 more Sycamore and 1 more N.
I’m still open for more suggestions!

Last edited:
Dont need puzzle if you have no zoroark, probably would bump up cynthia/sycamore/N count to something (in no specific order) , : 4/4/3

Healing is not the be-all and end-all goal I don't think. KOs on GX pokemon will usually be something like 80 + 160, and only the occasional 160 +CB for 190. This will be a pretty slow deck, so I think you should build with that in mind.

As much as this is a Goomy deck, I think you need to start thinking about a good partner to pair with. Straight Goomy is a bad idea for multiple reasons. Goomy plus a good partner could make rogue tier instead of auto-loss. However, thanks to the awkward energy split, that does at least open up a lot of options. Some thoughts either way;
Goomy & baby Manaphy: an additional way to heal the Goomy.
Goomy & Manaphy EX: Free retreat 4eva, allowing you time to retreat injured Goomy and heal away damage.
Goomy & Tapu-Fini GX: A low cost (not great) attack that can be used early while you build the Goomy.
Goomy & Lapras-GX: Early game draw to get the cards required to build the Goomy.

Any water deck too, can benefit from cards such as Lana which will become multi-purpose. Aqua patch of course is little use to Goomy, but acceleration to different mons will still mean Goomy can get online quicker too.

Goomy & Ribombee: A reusable way to get the right basic energy cards to hand for the Goomy.
Goomy & Sylveon-GX: I think this is probably the best build you could go for. A 4/2 Sylveon line alongside a 3-2-3 Goomy line & draw support Oranguru. Or maybe the wink baby Sylveon from forbidden light. You could additionally slip a Glaceon-GX in there and sometimes evolve that way early instead and just slow the game right down to give you time to build the Goomy. The early game magical ribbon will be somewhat more effective as players are leaning more on Cynthia and less on N. With both [W] and [Y] basic energy in you have several ways to get healing between Fairy Drop and Lana and so on. The biggest catch here is that DCE doesn't work on Goomy & the 'lutions too. But the biggest benefit would be of course..

THE GOOMY MIRROR MATCH!

Healing is not the be-all and end-all goal I don't think. KOs on GX pokemon will usually be something like 80 + 160, and only the occasional 160 +CB for 190. This will be a pretty slow deck, so I think you should build with that in mind.

As much as this is a Goomy deck, I think you need to start thinking about a good partner to pair with. Straight Goomy is a bad idea for multiple reasons. Goomy plus a good partner could make rogue tier instead of auto-loss. However, thanks to the awkward energy split, that does at least open up a lot of options. Some thoughts either way;
Goomy & baby Manaphy: an additional way to heal the Goomy.
Goomy & Manaphy EX: Free retreat 4eva, allowing you time to retreat injured Goomy and heal away damage.
Goomy & Tapu-Fini GX: A low cost (not great) attack that can be used early while you build the Goomy.
Goomy & Lapras-GX: Early game draw to get the cards required to build the Goomy.

Any water deck too, can benefit from cards such as Lana which will become multi-purpose. Aqua patch of course is little use to Goomy, but acceleration to different mons will still mean Goomy can get online quicker too.

Goomy & Ribombee: A reusable way to get the right basic energy cards to hand for the Goomy.
Goomy & Sylveon-GX: I think this is probably the best build you could go for. A 4/2 Sylveon line alongside a 3-2-3 Goomy line & draw support Oranguru. Or maybe the wink baby Sylveon from forbidden light. You could additionally slip a Glaceon-GX in there and sometimes evolve that way early instead and just slow the game right down to give you time to build the Goomy. The early game magical ribbon will be somewhat more effective as players are leaning more on Cynthia and less on N. With both [W] and [Y] basic energy in you have several ways to get healing between Fairy Drop and Lana and so on. The biggest catch here is that DCE doesn't work on Goomy & the 'lutions too. But the biggest benefit would be of course..

THE GOOMY MIRROR MATCH!
S-
Sylveon?
That's...
One of the best ideas in this thread.
If anyone can pretty please like @Yog's post in favor of the Sylveon Archetype, that would help me greatly.
Is Fairy Drop in rotation? I think it could have some use here...
I currently have a space concern.
Good idea though.

I have a HA-UUUUUUUUUUGE problem.
I need more means of self-inflicting damage. Every GX deck OHKO’s me. I either need:
More HP
Or a reliable source of self-damage.
Help PLEEEEAAASE!

Back