'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

BENDsli

Aspiring Trainer
Garchomp, Alolan Exeggutor, Dialga and Palkia got to avoid the dual-Energy requirement that has plagued Dragon Pokemon (especially since DDE rotated). Why doesn't Goodra get to use only W Energy or only Y Energy?
Simple, they're set up to be alternate typings and you can't alt-type a Goodra. All the other dragons you mentioned have a secondary typing, Goodra is mono dragon.

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer
If the healing was stronger, and the attack had a W energy discard....then maybe it would be better....? Does DDE activate the ability?

Overheat

Aspiring Trainer
This makes Manaphy useful with Goodra for thw healing effect and also Fairy Drop item card can be used for the healing. Its got consistency.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
This makes Manaphy useful with Goodra for thw healing effect and also Fairy Drop item card can be used for the healing. Its got consistency.
None of the goodras that came out we're good, maybe the tool lock one. I wouldn't waste deck space to put a whole evolution line with manaphy.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
Garchomp, Alolan Exeggutor, Dialga and Palkia got to avoid the dual-Energy requirement that has plagued Dragon Pokemon (especially since DDE rotated). Why doesn't Goodra get to use only W Energy or only Y Energy?
Goodra is a mono dragon, no alt types. As to why dragons don't get mono types attack, to Nerf thier raw power.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Simple, they're set up to be alternate typings and you can't alt-type a Goodra. All the other dragons you mentioned have a secondary typing, Goodra is mono dragon.
Goodra is a mono dragon, no alt types. As to why dragons don't get mono types attack, to Nerf thier raw power.
But why does the Kommo-o line use both Electric and Fighting energies? Or the Shining Rayquaza with Fire or Electric? Or the Noivern-GX with Dark and Psychic? I don't disagree with you, since I think the alternate type thing definitely is a reason, but I'm just pointing out that it isn't always the case. Drampa is dual typed and only got Colorless Energy costs, so why shouldn't the same be for Rayquaza or Noivern?

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Given everything else that's been revealed...
Calling it right now. Goodra is the best card of the set

Yep. Kalos doesn't get much better than this, folks

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
@Lord Goomy... I'm so sorry...

• Goodra - Just plain bad. Sorry, @Lord Goomy . 2 Geodudes

The attack is good does 190with choice band if you attached a water this turn but being a stage 2. Poor @lordgoomy

HEY!
WHAT'RE YOU DOING? APOLOGIZING? DON'T YOU THINK THAT THE MERE FACT GOODRA EXISTS IN THE SET IS GOOD? I LOVE GOOMY. IT DOESNT MATTER IF ITS BEST CARD IN FORMAT OR FILLER RARE. IT IS GOOMY.
I'M GETTING TEARY EYED JUST BECAUSE IT GOT REVEALED.

Ah, at last. Goodra, my old friend...
So nice to have you on the show!
Remember, my review is extremely biased.

Note: Remember, Goomy, Goomy and Sliggoo might have attackes that make this better. We don't know yet.
160HP- Good(ra) (PUN!!)
Stage 2: Why do you think Sliggoo exists? FOOLS!
Hydration ability: Not the best Ability, but it can help in some crafty ways.
Soaking Horn: 80 plus 80 more for a previous heal, that's 190 with a Choice Band, get me a Devoured Field for 200? That's not bad at all! (EXTREME BIAS)
EDIT: oops, forgot about Kukui/Giovanni’s Scheme for 220, OHKO’ing Zoroark. Hmm.
Energy requirement [W][Y][C]: I'll work with it. Professors letter, you'd better be in stock.

You could maybe play this in Expanded for Archie's Blastoise/Goodra if you wanted to, but I believe in standard.

Remember, Goodra exists.
That's enough for me.
I couldn't be happier right now.
NOW DON'T YOU APOLOGIZE FOR A "BAD"(butnotreallythatbad) GOODRA.
Thank you for feeling concerned, but as of now I play 4 Guzzlord/3 Pokémon Fan Club/ 1 Brigette/ 52 Dark Energy. I don't give a Nest Ball WHAT the meta is. I play what I play.
That being said, expect a deck list to come up in the garage shortly.
Oh thank you for making this card not absolutely fall flat!
See ya in format, Goodra.

Last edited:

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
But why does the Kommo-o line use both Electric and Fighting energies? Or the Shining Rayquaza with Fire or Electric? Or the Noivern-GX with Dark and Psychic? I don't disagree with you, since I think the alternate type thing definitely is a reason, but I'm just pointing out that it isn't always the case. Drampa is dual typed and only got Colorless Energy costs, so why shouldn't the same be for Rayquaza or Noivern?
They've only made Mono-Energy dragons if they were going to get an Alternate type reprint soon.

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
The problem with this Goodra is not consistently healing, but ensuring it always can have damage to be healed off. Most likely you want to have a way to damage it on your turn to guarantee your able to heal it as well for the attack.

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer
Only Basic Water, and DDE is out of standard

The card does not specify basic energy anywhere on it only W, so when attaching a rainbow, or unit or DDE, would that not activate it? Would DDE activate it twice, since it can be considered 2 water? What about prism star super boost energy? Could it heal 20, or even 80 if you have 3 stage 2s up?

Also, saying DDE is out of standard doesnt really mean anything, as this can still be used in expanded, and in Japan, where I play, DDE is still in "standard." Thanks for the reminder though!

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
The card does not specify basic energy anywhere on it only W, so when attaching a rainbow, or unit or DDE, would that not activate it? Would DDE activate it twice, since it can be considered 2 water? What about prism star super boost energy? Could it heal 20, or even 80 if you have 3 stage 2s up?

Also, saying DDE is out of standard doesnt really mean anything, as this can still be used in expanded, and in Japan, where I play, DDE is still in "standard." Thanks for the reminder though!
Those cards are only Water when attached to a Pokemon

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
Hopefully Double dragon gets a reprint. This might be used in Alolan ninetales/sylveon decks at Portland.
nope, it won't be played in¨alolan Ninetales Sylveon decks¨ at portland
forbidden light won´t be released here yet
is Alolan Ninetales/Sylveon rouge deck
and a stage 2 line in a deck that already has 2 stage lines sounds clunky
not to mention that this stage 2 isn't even very good