• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard CFTC Tapu Bulu GX/Vikavolt

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
CFTC Tapu Bulu GX/Vikavolt

Decklist:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 3 Grubbin SUM 13
* 3 Tapu Bulu-GX PR-SM SM32
* 3 Vikavolt SUM 52
* 1 Mew FCO 29
* 2 Remoraid BKT 32
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 2 Energy Recycler GRI 123
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 N FCO 105
* 4 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Heavy Ball BKT 140
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 2 Order Pad UPR 131
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125

##Energy - 12

* 5 Lightning Energy 4
* 7 Grass Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Strategy: With the power of nature behind them, Tapu Bulu GX and Vikavolt make one heck of a team when paired together. Using Nature's Judgement (for a [G], [G], and [C] energy), Tapu Bulu GX hits for 180, but at the cost of discarding all energy attached to it. Vikavolt can pick up the slack though as every turn, you can use its Strong Charge ability to search your deck for 1 [G] energy and 1 [L] Energy and attach them to your Pokemon in any way you like. Throw Octillery into the mix for draw support and your good to go!

Level of Difficulty: Novice; since the deck uses Stage 2, managing your resources can be a complicated job, especially while trying to take prize cards. Once you understand the concept though, it gets easier and easier to execute. Just keep track of how many energy are left in the deck, supporter count, etc. and you should be fine!

Total Average Price=$

(refer to the CFTC main page here for explanations {which will be up soon} on price symbols {what the $-$-$ prices represent} and what the "Level of Difficulty" words {such as Beginner, Novice, and Expert} mean)

Feel free to discuss, ask questions, or make suggestions! Hope this helps!

With no Lele, you probably want a 3rd Brigette or Nest Ball. And 3 Skyla with no Sycamore in the deck can't hurt either. TBH, Order Pad is garbage. Missing the coin flip sucks, and 90% of the time, I bet it's Ultra Ball fodder.

With no Lele, you probably want a 3rd Brigette or Nest Ball. And 3 Skyla with no Sycamore in the deck can't hurt either. TBH, Order Pad is garbage. Missing the coin flip sucks, and 90% of the time, I bet it's Ultra Ball fodder.

Yes, good idea, more Brigette/Nest Ball would be nice. The reason I play only two Skyla is because of the Order Pad (which you seem to dislike). I know that it may sound unreliable, and sometimes it is, but when Order Pad hits it can really change the game. Since this deck can't rely on Tapu Lele GX, I think that it has to take a little bit of risk in order to accomplish the same goal, hence the Order Pad. Imagine using Skyla after an Order Pad to grab an instant Vikavolt, not bad right? Since I can't search out any supporter I want with Tapu Lele GX, I'll have to stick with a less expensive and bigger risk taking card. Anyways, if you do miss the coin flip, that is one more card you get to draw with Abyssel Hand, so no harm done I suppose. If your talking about Ultra Ball fodder, Field Blower sees a lot of play and it tends to be discarded most of the time with Ultra Ball as well, but that is outside of the point. I think that Order Pad isn't extremely great, but in budget decks it can be very useful (and easy to get a hold of, unlike Tapu Lele GX). I'll try and fit in either another Brigette or a Nest Ball though and see how that goes. Thanks for the suggestions!

Yes, good idea, more Brigette/Nest Ball would be nice. The reason I play only two Skyla is because of the Order Pad (which you seem to dislike). I know that it may sound unreliable, and sometimes it is, but when Order Pad hits it can really change the game. Since this deck can't rely on Tapu Lele GX, I think that it has to take a little bit of risk in order to accomplish the same goal, hence the Order Pad. Imagine using Skyla after an Order Pad to grab an instant Vikavolt, not bad right? Since I can't search out any supporter I want with Tapu Lele GX, I'll have to stick with a less expensive and bigger risk taking card. Anyways, if you do miss the coin flip, that is one more card you get to draw with Abyssel Hand, so no harm done I suppose. If your talking about Ultra Ball fodder, Field Blower sees a lot of play and it tends to be discarded most of the time with Ultra Ball as well, but that is outside of the point. I think that Order Pad isn't extremely great, but in budget decks it can be very useful (and easy to get a hold of, unlike Tapu Lele GX). I'll try and fit in either another Brigette or a Nest Ball though and see how that goes. Thanks for the suggestions!
Well, if you really want to keep Order Pad, you should probably play 4 to maximize odds of both drawing into it, and succeeding more coin flips(just because there's more). You wouldn't only play 2 Super Scoop Up, Puzzle, or anything else that utilizes playing higher counts to raise consistency.

Well, if you really want to keep Order Pad, you should probably play 4 to maximize odds of both drawing into it, and succeeding more coin flips(just because there's more). You wouldn't only play 2 Super Scoop Up, Puzzle, or anything else that utilizes playing higher counts to raise consistency.
Nice point, it's like running 2 trainer's mail.

Agreed, the hard part is finding room for four Order Pad, which I'm not sure I can. I'll let you know how if goes though, thanks for the suggestion!

Back