• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Budget SM5 Purugly

kishido1205

Aspiring Trainer
So hey guys, I'm kinda new to all these deck building process. I've only recently tried out joining local tournament and it's been a fun experience.

I've used a Metagross/Necrozma and Metagross/DuskMane on my first couple of tournaments and got a very DISAPPOINTING result. Emphasis on the disappointment because I tried so hard building my first deck lol.

But now, I want to be stressed free and do some meme deck for a change.

I've got a bunch of SM5 Purugly sitting around and it's Toss Aside attack caught my interest. I know that it's not really a viable card (I should've seen other people using it if its the case) but somehow I still want it to make it work.

My decklist so far:

Pokemon
4x SM5 Glameow
4x SM5 Purugly
4x Pikachu BUS
4x Raichu BUS
1x Xurkitree

Trainer
4x N
2x Team Rocket's Handiwork
4x Devolution Spray

Energy
8x Lightning Energy
2x DCE

The strategy is simple. Have Purugly use Own the Place until got enough energy. Then use N into Toss Aside. I've added Evoshock Raichu just so the opponent won't be able to knockout my Purugly that easily. And of course, the Handiwork to do some deck milling as well.

Any other cards to compliment?

What was your metagross necrozma decklist? We could fix it.

You definitely need more draw in general. you have 37 cards, so that should be easy.
How are you going to have your opponent play their stadium cards? If I were playing against this, I would be like,"Lol nope not playing any stadiums, not that I run any anyway," If you want to mill, use Sylveon. I have a decklist if you are interested.

So, what I would add:

+4 puzzle of time (its a mill deck)
+3 lusamine(Its a mill deck)
+1 cynthia(nice for decking opponent out by not using N)
+4 team flare grunt(need them energy discarded)
+2 team skull grunt(starting to look like sylveon)

I recommend using sylveon, its much more competetively viable for standard.

What was your metagross necrozma decklist? We could fix it.

You definitely need more draw in general. you have 37 cards, so that should be easy.
How are you going to have your opponent play their stadium cards? If I were playing against this, I would be like,"Lol nope not playing any stadiums, not that I run any anyway," If you want to mill, use Sylveon. I have a decklist if you are interested.

So, what I would add:

+4 puzzle of time (its a mill deck)
+3 lusamine(Its a mill deck)
+1 cynthia(nice for decking opponent out by not using N)
+4 team flare grunt(need them energy discarded)
+2 team skull grunt(starting to look like sylveon)

I recommend using sylveon, its much more competetively viable for standard.

Thank you for this. I'll try to add those cards. What's the mill strategy for Sylveon? Sorry I'm not really familiar with this. Only seen this pokemon used in a Gardevoir deck

As for the Metagross/Necrozma deck, I'll post it later. thanks :)

I would recommend to add 2 enhanced hammers and red card in case your opponent use alolan vulpix. I also add pal pad, maybe 2 because you need to reuse some supporters.

How's this deck coming along? I'm trying to build a similar deck. Seems like the strategy is Toss Aside your opponent to death by preventing them from being unable to get setup. Might need a couple of big hitters to come in and clean up when they're gasping.

Back