'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

It will be a great deck, this is how I see Glaceon/Greninja in standard!
2sbke82.jpg

Edit: -1 Acerola - 1 Rainbow Energy + 2 Water Energy
i dont like the super boost here but i prefer the recycle ability strategy or the rainbow energy i would swap them for 1 more eevee and 1 more basic water also float stone is huge in the turn 1 glaceon which is huge here think wobbafett bats kind of strategy

I wholeheartedly approve of this. My only qualm is that now the final part of the chain is going to be pricier, especially if this becomes competitive.

Yay, finally a Greninja card that's not totally bonkers. It is still perfectly playable however because of the ability so I guess everyone is satisified?

Yay! It's Fates Collide after all. Zygarde10, Zygarde50, and Perfect Zygarde in one set. Of course Perfect Zygarde is a High-tier one.

I personally like it, except that the opponent switches Pokemon for the ability. The energy cost in my opinion might be too much

Oh, for a second there I thought the ability was going to read, "Discard 1 W energy, your basic W pokemon do 30 more damage." But it forces a switch which isn't bad. Though i'll repeat it FORCES the switch on them, not a Lysandre effect, card would be busted and 6/5 wossies if it was that. Attack's not bad too, I could see it in Lapras as a prize-1 attacker and the extra 20 damage to everything else makes lapras hit those numbers harder.

Honestly not the best, there are better prism cards already out, but this is one of those "Hey, I have an idea with this!" Kind of cards, and I like those cards. I'd probably give it a 3/5.

• Volcanion Prism - not being weak to a common deck, decent attack, and decent HP what makes Volc Prism good, I don't like the fact that the opponent has the control to swap their active. Guzma has the effect which I dreamed for long, Volcanion failed me, still an interesting one. Although I hate the fact that Prisms exists. 3 Geodudes.
  • Where is Mr. Raichu,my assisstant?

I'm sure the [C][C][C] Retreat will help out lots of water decks out there! Great bench sitter!

Volcanion and Frogbats both help answer the question of wtf you do with Glaceon, which has a great ability but lacked the ability to put enough pressure on the board for it to actually matter, it still usually lost to Zoroark which is faster. Volcanion provides a way to get inconvenient things stuck in the active repeatedly, forcing your opponent to spend resources on getting them out.

Greninja is basically perfect for Glaceon because it provides a way to deal damage while also ensuring Glaceon is in the active at the end of your turn. Volcanion Prsim Star gets water energy in the discard which can be Aqua Patch'd onto benched frogs so you can easily do the 1 DCE attachment into the shuffle attack. The GX attack is basically perfect, 1 frogadier shuriken (20) plus one greninja shuriken (30) plus one Shadow Assassin-GX (130) = 180 magic number, most basic GX including Lele die. Add a frost bullet's 30 damage and you hit the 210 mark for Zoroark.

This really is starting to look like a deck with Greninja/Glaceon/Volcanion, (and the fact that all three have different weaknesses also helps) question is how viable it will be to run a stage 1 and a stage 2 both of which give up 2 prizes and a basic that is once KOed/discarded cannot be recovered again. Sure, Glaceon auto-evolves for 1 energy attachment but that will still be a lot of Pokemon in one deck. Reminds me a bit of Zoroark/Decidueye, and while I loved that concept it either got too cluncky or had too many counters.
Also, the deck probably cannot afford to run anything else other than Oranguru for draw utility. (Other than the usual "Lele into the needed draw supporter".)

Reprints of old cards: Check.

Lot's of random troll stuff: Check

Power Creep: Check

TPCi's flawless balancing abilities: Just as big a no as ever.

I sense good times coming.

Back