Discussion Best Zoroark Variant?!

DyingEntity

Aspiring Trainer
What do you all consider to be the best Zoroark Variant and why?

I'd like to know the pros and cons of each one as well as what you all rank each variant at.

personally I partially feel obligated to do zoroark/lycanroc because someone gave me a playset of promo rockruffs I: other then that I'm not sure because I've not actually seen people play zoroark decks I've just been wanting a second deck that's not metal.

I see you were viewing my budget deck thread a minute ago :)

Anywho, I personally believe that Zoroark GX Garchomp (ULP) is one of the best variants I've ever played, while being a bit of a rouge, the deck is still good and even now gains a second DCE attacker, which is good, in many regards, and doesn't technically need Lucario (or Lele for that matter), but Lucario is a need, the G-Chomps are easy to set up, using Rare Candy/Evosoda, you just kinda gotta make sure however you play the deck you play 4 Cynthia for that Royal Blades attack, or build a deck completely focused on using Quick Dive w/Zoroark, you can tech some Fighting (3-4/2-3) just to make sure if you do want to use Royal Blades you can, Lucario is good so that if you whiff a Trade, you can grab whatever you want.

You might wonder, then why the heck is Zoroark GX in the deck? Well secondary draw supporter that can get rid of any unnecessary cards you don't need in your hand, our of your hand when need be, and if your Lucario's get Guzma'd and KO'd, you have Zoroark ready to take KO's, and draw some cards, run into Cynthia.

If you do play that variant specifically, I would use a Pal Pad/Random Receiver draw engine, but this draw engine really only works if you ONLY play Cynthia, because you could then have a chance at running into something else, like Mallow, or whatever, if you do play more than Cynthia, if you play Guzma or whatever, and one turn want to make sure you get a Cynthia and your Lucario's are all KO'd (which does happen a decent percent of the time), you can play Puzzle of Time, to potentially put a Cynthia at the top of your deck so you can top deck it, or use Zoroark GX's trade to draw into it.

That's simply my opinion though, take it with a grain of salt.

Yah! let me get it real fast!

Well on Saturday I bought my 3 Zoroark GX's and 4 puzzle of time but I ended up trading off the zoroarks for 3 Buzzwole GX's and 2 FA Regirock EX's.

I was making a Buzzwole deck on sunday (it's Monday for me now) and I've been getting told by people that I have to have 4 max elixirs which I can't even afford..

So I'm thinking of trying to trade or sell the buzzwole stuff to build

1. Zoroark/Lycanroc
2. Zoroark/Gardevoir
3. Zoroark/Empoleon
4. Trevenant break (for expanded)
5. Silvally GX/Buzzwole GX (instead of doing the buzzwole/lycanroc deck)
6. Quad Sylveon (all I really need are most of the trainers which would cost me around $20-$26 to get)

I was looking at the sylveon deck, Trevenant deck and buzzwole decks on your thread.

Well on Saturday I bought my 3 Zoroark GX's and 4 puzzle of time but I ended up trading off the zoroarks for 3 Buzzwole GX's and 2 FA Regirock EX's.

I was making a Buzzwole deck on sunday (it's Monday for me now) and I've been getting told by people that I have to have 4 max elixirs which I can't even afford..

1. Zoroark/Lycanroc
2. Zoroark/Gardevoir
3. Zoroark/Empoleon
6. Quad Sylveon (all I really need are most of the trainers which would cost me around $20-$26 to get)

I was looking at the sylveon deck, Trevenant deck and buzzwole decks on your thread.

Those are some of the better variants of Buzzwole on my thread, feel free to ask, @The Last Shaymin, @FrostBiter12, @pikachuuuu101, @Professor_jplap, if you have any questions.

Also, @SmiteKnight.

1. Zoroark/Lycanroc
2. Zoroark/Gardevoir
3. Zoroark/Empoleon

Hey @DyingEntity, was just taking a look here and I thought I might throw in some advice (if you still want it). If your looking to build a deck in general, I would suggest that you try Empoleon (though I think that Octillery is better for draw support than Zoroark GX due to Brooklet Hill, it giving up only one prize, and usually drawing more cards than Zoroark GX could. No offense @AFEX.). I have tested a lot with the deck and it is a lot of fun to play, not to mention successful as well. It is hard for your opponent to play around with most of this format using up all of their bench space, so Empoleon deals tons of damage while only giving up one prize. If you need a list for the deck or any other deck, just let me know and I would be happy to help!

1. Zoroark/Lycanroc
2. Zoroark/Gardevoir
3. Zoroark/Empoleon

I'm playing Zoroark Lycanroc at Charlotte and when I play it at league I usually do really well

Zoroark/Lycanroc/Mew Ex and Zoroark/Golisipod/ Mew Ex are the best two in standard in my opinion.

I'd say in expanded its a toss up. Lycanroc /zoroark is stupidly good. Trade is bust with eggs in the deck.

I don't think this question can really be answered very well at this point. Since Zoroark GX is so versatile, there are way to many decks that have way too many different matchup spreads and do different things. It's almost like asking, "What's the beck Puzzle of Time deck?" There are multiple decks that use it very well, but in slightly different ways. In my deck, which is Fairy Box and can by no means be considered an archetype, Zoroark is often a big attacker. However, I also see people who mostly just use Zoroark GX for the consistency. Neither strat is neccesarily better, just different.

I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, so sorry if I do. Sometimes I completely butcher what I'm trying to say.

Short version: The answer is that there is no answer.

Back