• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Solgaleo GX Deck Feedback

Alexander Forcione

Aspiring Trainer
heres my deck list for a solgaleo gx deck, im trying to get it more consistent with getting the solgaleos out, also i had mimikyu in there too but it was too many basics.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Oranguru PR-SM SM13
* 1 Rayquaza GRI 106
* 1 Sudowoodo BKP 67
* 2 Solgaleo GRI 87
* 2 Solgaleo-GX SUM 89
* 4 Cosmog SUM 64
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 2 Cosmoem SUM 65

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Acerola BUS 142
* 1 Hala GRI 143
* 2 N FCO 105
* 2 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Float Stone PLF 99
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Heavy Ball NXD 88
* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Max Potion BKP 103
* 2 Altar of the Sunne GRI 118

##Energy - 13

* 2 Rainbow Energy SUM 137
* 2 Counter Energy CIN 100
* 8 Metal Energy 8
* 1 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
If you're playing a full stage 2 line, you need to max out the Rare Candies. For starters, I'd remove the Counter and Rainbow energies; I don't see them being useful because your 1 prizers can be accelerated with Sol Burst, while Rainbow Energy works better with attackers that need different energy types. Max out your DCE count too, since Rayquaza needs them. Max out your Ultra Ball count too, since it's the best Pokemon searching card we have.

Alexander Forcione

Aspiring Trainer
the rainbow is for sudowoodo, and the counters are for the regular solgaleos so i dont have to attach 3 energy to one in case something gets guzmaed and they work with sudowoodo.

The PokeMan 11

Aspiring Trainer
I would make these changes:
-1 Sudowoodu (Only good in expanded to counter mega ray)
-1 Hala (There are better draw options)
-1 Choice Band (You dont need three, 230 dmg ohkos most pokemon)
-2 Rainbow Energy (You only use one kind of energy in the deck so rainbow dosent help)
-2 Counter Energy (I understamd why you run it, but it cant be recycled by ray)

+4 Metal Energy
+1 Cynthia
+1 Rayquaza
+1 Metal Frying Pan

This is just my opinion

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
Also, if you plan on keeping it Standard after rotation this month, these are going to be rotated out, so you'll have to replace them:

* 2 N FCO 105
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 1 Float Stone PLF 99
* 2 Heavy Ball NXD 88

Some of my suggestions:
  • You can use Cynthia and Copycat for draw support. If you want to disrupt your opponent's hand, you might consider Judge, but it only puts each hand at 4 cards rather than based on prize cards, so that's your call, and if you do use Judge, I probably wouldn't use more than 1.
  • I would recommend using Mt. Coronet to recover energy, and if you can make it work, Magnezone UPR 83 or Metagross GX would make the discarding from Sunsteel Strike a lot less painful. If you go with either, max out the rare candies. Baby Solgaleo is still good, I think, since you can use it to play around Hoopa, Glaceon GX and whatnot.
  • You might want to think about Dusk Mane Necrozma GX, since it's a Basic and therefore sets up faster than Solgaleo.