• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Electric Deck (2017 Standard New Rotation)

My area is too advanced. I live in central Virginia near Washington DC, half the players go to worlds every year whether is VGC or TCG. I'm sort of a scrub still because IV been playing since feburary but I'm getting there.
Props to the players in your area. I'm hoping to play there next year at a Regional tournament. The Upper Midwest too has some phenomenal players too... including quite a few top world's players, not to mention the 3x World Champion... Peace out.

Props to the players in your area. I'm hoping to play there next year at a Regional tournament. The Upper Midwest too has some phenomenal players too... including quite a few top world's players, not to mention the 3x World Champion... Peace out.

Yeah the Midwesterners don't play around when it comes to Pokemon, they're always the best around. It's just that east coast got some scary players that are cut throat.

I agree, Octillery's consistency cannot be matched by the likes of Shaymin. :D
Using Octillery in my Flacanion deck for the same reason, having something to draw with each turn really helps out decks and Pokemon which need a strong set up, Jolteon and Raikou would be an example of that.

I'm also running a 2-2 Octillery line in my Flareon deck and it's performed brilliantly for me. Less clutter and if my opponent decides not to deal with it, that's consistent draw power until they take action. I've noticed in recent league matches that people become too distracted with my Flareon-EX's getting charged up to even do anything about my Octillery. Maybe i've just been lucky?

I'm also running a 2-2 Octillery line in my Flareon deck and it's performed brilliantly for me. Less clutter and if my opponent decides not to deal with it, that's consistent draw power until they take action. I've noticed in recent league matches that people become too distracted with my Flareon-EX's getting charged up to even do anything about my Octillery. Maybe i've just been lucky?
I agree, the main focus of this deck revolves around insanely high damage and once you get a benched Flareon-EX charging too, the opponent becomes way to petrified to think about taking out anything else. :D

Although, I never really thought that is the reason why Octillery is never Lysandre'd, nice job noticing that.

I agree, the main focus of this deck revolves around insanely high damage and once you get a benched Flareon-EX charging too, the opponent becomes way to petrified to think about taking out anything else. :D

Although, I never really thought that is the reason why Octillery is never Lysandre'd, nice job noticing that.
I am the type of player that sees the remoraid and denies the Octillery with Lysandre. Don't count on all players to ignore that you choose to run the Octillery engine.

I just picked up the Pikachu-EX box and looking at the moves. I think he's really strong. Do you guys think it's a good idea to replace something for the 2 Pikachu-EX or no?

What about trying to use Diglett/Dugtrio over Octillery and Remoraid? Yes, you would have to put in fighting energy but wouldn't they do the same thing or am I completely wrong and missing something??

I currently run Electric/Fighting in my deck. I run 3 pikachu, 3 Raichu GX, 3 rockruff, 2 Lycanroc GX, 1 Raiuku, 1 Zekrom, 1 Rayquaza GX, 1 Rotom, 2 professor letters, 2 Lillie, 1 mallow, 2 volkner, 2 battle reporters, 3 hau, 3 fisherman, 3 energy pouch, 15 lightening energy, 2 double colorless, 1 healing scarf, and 10 fighting energy. So far has been extremely successful. My raichu attacks are based on how much electric energy, and most my supporters help pull energy. My zekrom does the same amount of damage as the damage counters it has. My lycanroc has a 110 claw slash that takes few energy and you don't have to discard any, and it's ability switches out opponents active Pokémon with a benched. Enjoying it so far and have won 7-8/10 times.

Back