• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Silvally Memory Box (NOTE: Decklist Changed TWICE!)

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
I don't 'want' anyone to change their deck to something they don't want to play. 'Should' is not a command. I'm completely indifferent to what any given player wants to play. It's not like I'm snatching the deck out of a child's hands and forcing him to play a different deck. I'm providing feedback and assume that as adults we can filter advice, taking what we like and what we dislike about a set of suggestions and go from there. If you don't want to play metal, that's fine.

I didn't see any comment related to OP not wanting to run metal, only that his idea for a Silvally memory focused deck centered around a Volkner engine. I don't think that's a particularly effective way to run Silvally, speaking from my experiences messing around with Silvally variants. Silvally is very much a card that needs secondary attackers, much of its utility lies in being a colorless accelerator of energy which, along with its ability is why it has seen use with a lot of high cost bulky basic attackers in the past such as Lapras and Celesteela. There really aren't good lightning partners that take advantage of Silvally's acceleration because lightning types hit nothing relevant for weakness these days, (even if they did, there's a lightning memory) and share a weakness with Silvally. If what he's doing is working for him, he can feel free to play it to his heart's content, if not, well, that's what advice threads are for.

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
I do have to say that volkner isn't the best form of energy search, as well as the fact that you are pretty much wasting silvallys effect.
My personal changes (If I were to build it MYSELF) would be
-1 fire memory, metal doesn't (in my opinion) run too many field blowers
-1 Fighting memory, 4 is overkill
-1 bodybuilding dumbbells, most of the time you will want a memory on your silvally
-5 lightning energy, not too great of a type
-4 volkner, without lightning energy it is pointless
---------------------------
+1 magerna
+2 secondary attacker
+4 energy of some type ( if colorless chose metal/ fire to take advantage of opponents stadium)
+1 skyla
+1 professors letter
+3 cynthia

Last edited:

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
I don't 'want' anyone to change their deck to something they don't want to play. 'Should' is not a command. I'm completely indifferent to what any given player wants to play. It's not like I'm snatching the deck out of a child's hands and forcing him to play a different deck. I'm providing feedback and assume that as adults we can filter advice, taking what we like and what we dislike about a set of suggestions and go from there. If you don't want to play metal, that's fine.

I didn't see any comment related to OP not wanting to run metal, only that his idea for a Silvally memory focused deck centered around a Volkner engine. I don't think that's a particularly effective way to run Silvally, speaking from my experiences messing around with Silvally variants. Silvally is very much a card that needs secondary attackers, much of its utility lies in being a colorless accelerator of energy which, along with its ability is why it has seen use with a lot of high cost bulky basic attackers in the past such as Lapras and Celesteela. There really aren't good lightning partners that take advantage of Silvally's acceleration because lightning types hit nothing relevant for weakness these days, (even if they did, there's a lightning memory) and share a weakness with Silvally. If what he's doing is working for him, he can feel free to play it to his heart's content, if not, well, that's what advice threads are for.

Very well, I've run into far too many bossy people on this site, that I just kinda jumped to a conclusion, I apologize.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
I do have to say that volkner isn't the best form of energy search, as well as the fact that you are pretty much wasting silvallys effect.
-2 fighting memory, as I don't see quite what it is in here for
-1 bodybuilding dumbbells, most of the time you will want a memory on your silvally
-7 lightning energy, not too great of a type
+1 magerna
+2 secondary attacker
+7 energy of some type ( if colorless chose metal/ fire to take advantage of opponents stadium)
+2 skyla
+1 professors letter
+2 cynthia

Fighting Memory is for Zoro matchups I believe.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
No thanks. Maybe don't jump down people's throats next time. Sorry to do this to you, OP.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
No thanks. Maybe don't jump down people's throats next time. Sorry to do this to you, OP.

I apologized actually, becuase I then understood the regard of what he was saying, I misunderstood his manner.

Punishing the owner of the post because of something I said? Where is that a thing?
This isn't even fair!

To be honest, before I even joined this site, I kind of looked up to you, you were kinda the "cool guy" but now I can see (no disrespect to you), you're acting kind of immature.

Last edited:

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
-1 Fighting memory, 4 is overkill
-7 lightning energy, not too great of a type
+1 magerna
+2 secondary attacker
+6 energy of some type ( if colorless chose metal/ fire to take advantage of opponents stadium)
+2 skyla
+1 professors letter
+2 cynthia
First off:
I don't have 7 [L] Energy in this deck in the first place. Just pointing that out.
Second:
I play [L] energy BECAUSE I play Volkner. Volkner is Energy AND Memory/Dumbbell search in one supporter. The energy hunt becomes much more manageable with Volkner instead of Skyla. Also, Volkner can help with the Turbo Drive effect by getting an Ultra Ball as your Item. That way, you can use Turbo Drive AND use Ultra Ball.

-1 of the memories mentioned has been completed.
BBD (bodybuilding dumbbells) is my "memory" for decks I can't hit Weakness against.
I have been thinking about Magearna for a while now, but I really just feel against it somehow. I honestly don't know what.
Thanks for the advice!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I apologized actually, becuase I then understood the regard of what he was saying, I misunderstood his manner.

Punishing the owner of the post because of something I said? Where is that a thing?
This isn't even fair!

To be honest, before I even joined this site, I kind of looked up to you, you were kinda the "cool guy" but now I can see (no disrespect to you), you're acting kind of immature.
Not to be millennial or anything, but...

Roasted.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?

Uh oh. He has my weakness!
AMAZING PURE SOLID ARGUMENT!

(Also, I'm 14...)

I like pokemon

Aspiring Trainer
The Judge calls: Order, Order, Order!

Is this like some sort of battle between Afex against some other people or what!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
The list has been updated to house none other than the Expanded Apocalypse Fox itself,
Zoroark GX!
Tell me what'cha think!

The Last Shaymin

Floof
The list has been updated to house none other than the Expanded Apocalypse Fox itself,
Zoroark GX!
Tell me what'cha think!
The fox is also standard, just saying.
I would maybe add more draw support, however I get what you are doing with volkner.

Pal pad is kinda useless because you have no need to shuffle supporters back into your deck, other than guzma.

I also think you should throw in that magneara stated somewhere above, because its pretty good to return your unnecessary tools into your hand and slap on a dumbells or something.

I think some Acerola could be good, because you can return a badly damaged sivally into your hand,and prevent them from getting the knockout.

Maybe one xurkitree could be good, just for stall against zoroark(not that you don't beat it anyway) or anything that runs DCE as the only energy. Also the GX attack is pretty good(bye bye, DCE).

If you have one, you could maybe put in a Lele, just so you can use sivally's attack and have something to sweep with later.

I find 5 electric energy to be a bit too little, maybe run a couple more.

Those are my thoughts (hope I didn't offend anyone)!

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
The fox is also standard, just saying.
I would maybe add more draw support, however I get what you are doing with volkner.

Pal pad is kinda useless because you have no need to shuffle supporters back into your deck, other than guzma.

I also think you should throw in that magneara stated somewhere above, because its pretty good to return your unnecessary tools into your hand and slap on a dumbells or something.

I think some Acerola could be good, because you can return a badly damaged sivally into your hand,and prevent them from getting the knockout.

Maybe one xurkitree could be good, just for stall against zoroark(not that you don't beat it anyway) or anything that runs DCE as the only energy. Also the GX attack is pretty good(bye bye, DCE).

If you have one, you could maybe put in a Lele, just so you can use sivally's attack and have something to sweep with later.

I find 5 electric energy to be a bit too little, maybe run a couple more.

Those are my thoughts (hope I didn't offend anyone)!

The whole thing with PMJ was an unnessecary two year old drama, that whatsoever should not have happened, but these in my humble opinion are good additions, personally I believe Lele isn't nessecary still, but.

Seriously somebody test this deck, I want to know (without) Lele if this is good.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Can do
The whole thing with PMJ was an unnessecary two year old drama, that whatsoever should not have happened, but these in my humble opinion are good additions, personally I believe Lele isn't nessecary still, but.

Seriously somebody test this deck, I want to know (without) Lele if this is good.