• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Alolan Ninetales GX/Glaceon GX

bdov777

Pokemon Champion
The List:

Pokemon: 18
Eevee x4
Glaceon GX x3
Alolan Vulpix x4
Alolan Ninetales GX x3
Alolan Ninetales x1
Tapu Lele GX x2
Remoraid x1
Octillery 1

Trainers: 31
Professor Sycamore x3
N x2
Cynthia x3
Guzma x3
Brigette x2
Ultra Ball x4
Aqua Patch x4
Choice Band x2
Float Stone x2
Rescue Stretcher x1
Super Rod x1
Field Blower x1
Brooklett Hill x2

Energy: 11
Water x7
Double Colorless Energy x4

This is my best decklist for covering as much as possible. Feel free to suggest ideas as to what i could change to make it better, or what needs to be fixed if I'm weak to anything i didn't think of. (the Eevee's are the energy evolution and the Alolan Vulpix are the beacon version.)

Last edited:

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
ATM I'm playing a 9Tales/Zoroark varient and I want to play Ninetales with Glaceon when it's legal so this is interessting.

I personally think Brigette isn't thaaat important. 1 should actually be enough. Might want to replace the 1 with a Ninja Boy. I know this sounds weird. But i feel like with this variant it sometimes is more important with what you start rather then getting brigette out. If you see his deck just needs that Lele or requires other abilities you can secure that T1 Glaceon. Is it a Buzzwole varient you should get a Latios in active instead and so on.

Yeah that's also a thing I've been playing. Latios (SHL) is a pretty good check against Buzzwole and it spreads damage which you need to get them Knock Outs with Ninetales GX.
I do not play Float Stones at all. And even if i did. After rotation i would recommend you playing Escape Board instead. Gives your Ninetales, Leles and Latios free retreat and at least only one retread on Glaceon. But i rather play 4 Choice Band cause they are vital for them Knockouts in general. But that's probably personal prefrence.

I don't play Brooklet Hill no particular reason. Mostly Deck Space. Things you are still missing in my opionon are Kukui (So you can get 1HKO on Stage 1's) and Cyrus. Cyrus isn't a must have probably. But he can be a great disruption tool. If you got the deck space for him.
I also don't really think you'll need a super rod. Maybe a special charge instead. But even then. You will probably be fine if you manage your ressources well.

Thaiga

child of the sun
I somewhat feel that there is not enough synergy between Glaceon & Ninetales to argue for a decent archtype combining those two. How does Ninetales contribute to Glaceon and vice versa? If its just the spread / snipe damage they have, there should be more efficient options. With that many Stage 1s and only a 1-1 Octillery line and the attack costs of the 2 attackers I'd say that this deck would be rather inconsistent and very dependent on Turn 1 Linette, making your deck vulnerable against other Glaceon Decks. And because both of them share the metal weakness the upcoming Duskmane Necrozma / Metal Hype could spell trouble.

Maybe you'd wanna change the Ninetales-Line into 2 Lapras GX and remove all DCEs .. add some more water, possibly some elixirs and one or two Non-GX Attackers so you don't get walled by Hoopa SHL or Ninetales BUS.. why Lapras? Lapras has an alternate weakness, can OHKO Duskmane Necrozma with Choice Band (or a previous snipe by Glaceon) and also could OHKO Buzz, which isn't so GX-Ability reliant as other decks. Also, by removing all DCEs and having more Waters you increase the odds to get the Turn 1 Eevee Energy-Evolution into Glaceon Lock going.

If you wanna hold onto these two attackers, I'd suggest to cut some Ninetales for a 2-2 Octillery line to compensate the inconsistencies some way.

mirdo

I somewhat feel that there is not enough synergy between Glaceon & Ninetales to argue for a decent archtype combining those two. How does Ninetales contribute to Glaceon and vice versa?
1. It improves 9Tales. Ninetales has a big issue. And that is a bit of clunk and also that it can be a bit slow. Glaceon for the start can at least delay your opponent and give you the time you need (just like BabyTales). Also Glaceon get's everything relevant atm into range for a Knockout with Blizzard Edge. And they both have the same energy requirement. So obvs they synergise nicely. And the Damageoutput by Galceon isn't brilliant. But it is something. Also it's GX can be a great substitute when there is a big threat you need to get rid of. Most players know how to play around Ninetales GX attack at this stage.

Lapras is... not the best choice. I get that more energy = more consistency in this deck. But 190 HP isn't that great. It's kind of a funny idea to have Lapras as the attacker. Then switiching it out and possibly stall with Glaceon for the next turn but honestly... It's just not good enough. It's to vonourable to Garde (With 9 Tales you can atleast get rid of energy.) and grass weakness isn't that great either. Getting one shot by Golisopod is just not good in the current meta.
Also 9Tales is much more relabile in getting out attack each turn (You don't need to bother with switching. You just need energy) Meaning if you play Lapras instead of 9Tales all the slots you get "Extra" are consumed by Floatstones or Manaphy EX or what ever you are going to play.

The Metal Craze is one thing. Playing around it is another. At the Moment Metal needs a lot of stuff to get going. The new Necrozma needs 4 Energys to knock you out. The first attack isn't enough. Not even with Choice Band. The Weakness won't matter. The first attack isn't enough for either Lapras nor Ninetales and the second one is definitly enough for both. Plus if 9Tales get's attacked by the first attack it can GX. Then you get the revenge kill after or your opponent is forced to acerola or retreat.
Oh. Also Ninetales can snipe Magnetons or Magnemite for a bit more than Glaceon can. So that's a plus.

I do agree that it will have consistency problems. Question beeing is if you want to have a Zoroark GX line instead of Octillery. Would definitly help with getting water into the discard and can be an attacker if needed.

biffthepotato

It's Wednesday M'dudes
I’m just straight up just going to tell you to take out:

-1 9tales GX
-1 vulpix
-2 Brooklet Hill

+2 parrelell City
+1-1 Octillery line

I made a similar list and trust me this adds a lot of consistency.

Hope I helped

mirdo

Beware of Parellel City. Because if you use it to limit Bench Space for your opponent you weaken your own attacks by 20. Rather play a Cyrus if you want to set your opponent back. Granted he shuffles everything back into his deck. But if you want to use Parellel City and not cripple your DMG in the process you need to use your single precious Field Blower.
-1 Vulpix and Ninetales can probably work for more Oct or Zoroark. I do agree with that change

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
1. It improves 9Tales. Ninetales has a big issue. And that is a bit of clunk and also that it can be a bit slow. Glaceon for the start can at least delay your opponent and give you the time you need (just like BabyTales). Also Glaceon get's everything relevant atm into range for a Knockout with Blizzard Edge. And they both have the same energy requirement. So obvs they synergise nicely. And the Damageoutput by Galceon isn't brilliant. But it is something. Also it's GX can be a great substitute when there is a big threat you need to get rid of. Most players know how to play around Ninetales GX attack at this stage.

Lapras is... not the best choice. I get that more energy = more consistency in this deck. But 190 HP isn't that great. It's kind of a funny idea to have Lapras as the attacker. Then switiching it out and possibly stall with Glaceon for the next turn but honestly... It's just not good enough. It's to vonourable to Garde (With 9 Tales you can atleast get rid of energy.) and grass weakness isn't that great either. Getting one shot by Golisopod is just not good in the current meta.
Also 9Tales is much more relabile in getting out attack each turn (You don't need to bother with switching. You just need energy) Meaning if you play Lapras instead of 9Tales all the slots you get "Extra" are consumed by Floatstones or Manaphy EX or what ever you are going to play.

The Metal Craze is one thing. Playing around it is another. At the Moment Metal needs a lot of stuff to get going. The new Necrozma needs 4 Energys to knock you out. The first attack isn't enough. Not even with Choice Band. The Weakness won't matter. The first attack isn't enough for either Lapras nor Ninetales and the second one is definitly enough for both. Plus if 9Tales get's attacked by the first attack it can GX. Then you get the revenge kill after or your opponent is forced to acerola or retreat.
Oh. Also Ninetales can snipe Magnetons or Magnemite for a bit more than Glaceon can. So that's a plus.

I do agree that it will have consistency problems. Question beeing is if you want to have a Zoroark GX line instead of Octillery. Would definitly help with getting water into the discard and can be an attacker if needed.

Honestly, I think heattran is going to see a LOT of play. A LOT. Especially in metal box decks with Magnezone. Hitting 130 for 3 energy, even with the 2 energy discard, is just plain good with a magnezone pairing. Heattran is the true fairy killer from this set. One prize attacker that one shots every fairy type for 3 energy? It'll be a one of tech in every metal box deck.

Intake

Aspiring Trainer
The List:

Pokemon: 18
Eevee x4
Glaceon GX x3
Alolan Vulpix x4
Alolan Ninetales GX x3
Alolan Ninetales x1
Tapu Lele GX x2
Remoraid x1
Octillery 1

Trainers: 31
Professor Sycamore x3
N x2
Cynthia x3
Guzma x3
Brigette x2
Ultra Ball x4
Aqua Patch x4
Choice Band x2
Float Stone x2
Rescue Stretcher x1
Super Rod x1
Field Blower x1
Brooklett Hill x2

Energy: 11
Water x7
Double Colorless Energy x4

This is my best decklist for covering as much as possible. Feel free to suggest ideas as to what i could change to make it better, or what needs to be fixed if I'm weak to anything i didn't think of. (the Eevee's are the energy evolution and the Alolan Vulpix are the beacon version.)
I think you don’t need the full Alolan Ninetales GX line, I think you should minus 1 Alolan Vulpix And 1 Alolan Ninetales GX And add a 1-1 zoroark GX line for trade.

mirdo

Honestly, I think heattran is going to see a LOT of play. A LOT. Especially in metal box decks with Magnezone. Hitting 130 for 3 energy, even with the 2 energy discard, is just plain good with a magnezone pairing. Heattran is the true fairy killer from this set. One prize attacker that one shots every fairy type for 3 energy? It'll be a one of tech in every metal box deck.
Im not sure tbh. Some people might prefer the Solgaleo Prime. 130 for 3 Isn't bad. Defintily not. But mostly only usefull against either Glaceon or Guardevoir. And you have the Advantage against those anyway. So i don't think it's gonna be that big of an issue.

And even if. Sure. It 1hko's 9 Tales and doesn't kill Lapras. But you better your matchup very very slightly against one deck you will have issues with anyway but worsen your matchup against allmost any other Deck in the format.

Eltyr

Aspiring Trainer
Not a big fan of the pairing.
Glaceon needs to be in the active spot to work, so I'd rather pair it with someone who works from the bench (Zoroark or Decidueye seems to be the best paring for it, Zoroark for consistency, Decidueye since it pairs so well with the GX attack).
Like this you can make full use of Aqua patches tho, so I may very well be mistaken.
Just, you can cut a Vulpix and a Alolan Ninetales GX, super rod doesn't seem very useful since you already have Aqua Patches, and in a deck with so much snipe potential I'd cut a Guzma (Even tho it is really needed to cut out magnezones, so I'd test with 2 against the deck to see if you need to put back the third). This makes space for a second field blower, maybe another choice band? Hitting 120-30 with Glaceon instead of 90-30 means you can kill in two hits every stage 1 and basic GX's, otherwise you fall very short against the like of Buzzwole.
I'd personally try a Tapu Koko promo in the deck, since I would focus on Glaceon as the main attacker and use vulpix to get the Pokémon I need and get the guzma K.O. with Alolan Ninetales GX's Blizzard edge, and spreading damage with it means most of your opponent's pokémon will be in range of Glaceon's GX attack.