Finished Mafia XLVIII: Motfia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day ends in less than 24 hours and no votes have been cast.

Friendly reminder that it is mylo. If you lynch a townie today, it's over.

Here's my role:
You are Thresher Fessco, and you are a Patient Competitor. You're a simple fisherman from Pacifidlog Town, and your unique accent frequently has the ladies swooning. You've spent much of your adult life on the seas in search of Mirage Island in the hopes that the Liechi Berries found there could save your ailing father, but he died before you could find it. You don't particularly care who ate Windra's cake, but it makes you smile that everyone is having fun together... even if it is against their will.

Ability: Swift Swim
If you are lynched, you will not die.

Win Condition: All Dirty Stinking Cake Thieves brought to justice
Why wait on claiming? Because having lynchproof should confirm me as town, and everyone who pushed my lynch can be known to be pushing a town lynch. No, PMJ would never include lynchproof on scum. I told him this before the game about lynchproof players:
Lynchproof players will get lynched again on the next day the far majority of the time, which makes its only effect adding a scum nightkill. That makes it actually hurt town when on a townie, and on scum will give the scum an automatic win in LYLO. Neither of those two are balanced. (Permanent Lynchproof encourages a player to play badly, as they know they can't be lynched, which is also bad).
He replied:
This is also wrong, if the town lynches a lynchproof two days in a row then they deserve to lose, but I'm reminded of revelation when celever was confirmed town and it took like two days and 1058350235 night actions for the town to finally get it

If scum lynchproof existed in his mind, his quote wouldn't make sense. I'm clear. Deal with it scum.

My vote's gonna go on Lorde because of the fact that her motivation doesn't look townie ever to me, but BB is quite close by still. I'll take a shower and then write up why.

@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK Yeah, I'm obviously GP, but why did you also say Firo (aka me)? No one has that username. It feels like you were randomly accusing Firo, without knowing that Firo was already on your accusation list.

How about we just leave it up to the random name generator?
How about no???
Uhh... Maybe we just vote for NP and hope he is mafia?
I want to see actual reasoning from you. Could you give us a reads list?
My vote's gonna go on Lorde because of the fact that her motivation doesn't look townie ever to me, but BB is quite close by still. I'll take a shower and then write up why.
Then congratulations, you'd be leading us to a loss.
@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK Yeah, I'm obviously GP, but why did you also say Firo (aka me)? No one has that username. It feels like you were randomly accusing Firo, without knowing that Firo was already on your accusation list.
Which is why I think he's scum.

Voting ninjapenguin was just a joke, mostly due to the last 3 or 4 games with him being mafia. I think BB is a little bit sketchy, ill write more later.

My reads:

1. BB
2. Aqua
3. TLS(just kidding)

Tbh, those are the only 2 i am feeling are somewhat sketchy right now.

Of course, this is coming from a new player so it doesn't really count

I dont know why, it just feels like they are mafia to me. (Maybe from last game/wants revenge for aqua not doing anything last game)

Okay someone had to.

TOWN
- The Last Shaymin, acting literally the same as last game, albeit annoying. Town
- simsands, his behavior seems very natural, and it looks like he's genuinely trying to contribute. Town
- TOTAL_EPICNESS, his role seems like the modern standard seer, and no one's CC'd him. Town

NEUTRAL

- Jadethepokemontrainer, his annoying inactivity is normal for him, besides that I got nothing. Neutral, Town Leaning
- GrandPanacea, the only things I've really ever seen him do are defend himself and post fluff. Nothing really meaningful or adding to the discussion. Neutral

SCUM

- NinjaPenguin, I refuse to accept host speculation as reasoning, I think it's crap, and given Nick's role it wouldn't surprise me if there's another killing role in game that's provided as a check on him. Light Scum
- NinJamezor, mainly here because of Mariano. He also hasn't posted enough to really sway the read either way. Scum
- TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, makes a lot of sense considering having 4 scum in a 12 player game is ridiculous without a check on at least one of them. Not like his behavior has really helped to sway me that he's town. Scum
- bbninjas, I think after sparking an argument and taking a massive backseat he's high scum. He egged the argument on imo with his large posts yet highly condemned the clogging of the thread with the feud I was having with Gekki. My most confident scum-read at the moment. Scum

##VOTE: bbninjas, I'm not gonna be on tomorrow and I'm unsure if I'll be able to post. Putting my vote down here for now.

- NinjaPenguin, I refuse to accept host speculation as reasoning, I think it's crap, and given Nick's role it wouldn't surprise me if there's another killing role in game that's provided as a check on him. Light Scum
- TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, makes a lot of sense considering having 4 scum in a 12 player game is ridiculous without a check on at least one of them. Not like his behavior has really helped to sway me that he's town. Scum
Anyone notice how the bolded and underlined parts directly contradict eachother?

Anyone notice how the bolded and underlined parts directly contradict eachother?
Not trying to defend Lord here, but they really don't contradict each other.

Having four players be scum, when the norm is three, but having one have an ability to make it balance things out isn't host speculation, it's a balance check.

Not trying to defend Lord here, but they really don't contradict each other.

Having four players be scum, when the norm is three, but having one have an ability to make it balance things out isn't host speculation, it's a balance check.
It is host speculation because it speculates the host knows it's normally unabalanced and that the host would still find it unbalanced even after including our dear friend FtC in the setup (assuming TE is town, as he's Lorde's top townread). But seriously future hosts, stop it with the FtC. It's not fun.

If so, give us a dual-lynch with you and him when you get lynched. Why Lorde is still scummy coming up next.
That would only put you all in LYLO, why would I do that?
It is host speculation because it speculates the host knows it's normally unabalanced and that the host would still find it unbalanced even after including our dear friend FtC in the setup (assuming TE is town, as he's Lorde's top townread). But seriously future hosts, stop it with the FtC. It's not fun.
It's not host speculation because it's common sense. As GP said, it's a balance check, because 4 scum in a game like this makes no sense. This has nothing to do with the host's choice, it has more to do with balance speculation, which is it's own thing. Also, don't put words in my mouth, where did I ever say TE was my top town-read?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back