Community Ideas for New Pokemon

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
I mean you kinda got that one
Lol that 2011 post is amazing!

Personally, I want a Pokemon that is any of the unused type combinations, especially a Twinrova-esque Fire-Ice type. I'd love to see how Game Freak would attempt to explore that type of unused design space.

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
Do we have a sabertooth Pokemon? I would be happy to have one, could be Ice/Ground or Ice/Fighting. Otherwise, if they wanted to go a little more wild, I am still wanting on a Fire/Ice type.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Do we have a sabertooth Pokemon? I would be happy to have one, could be Ice/Ground or Ice/Fighting. Otherwise, if they wanted to go a little more wild, I am still wanting on a Fire/Ice type.

I think the general consensus is that Raikou is at least partially based on a sabertooth, but I'd love to see another one though. I could see a whole different bunch of types working for it (Normal, Electric, Fighting, Ice, Dark, Ground, even Rock if they did it as a fossil mon) so it could be really interesting to see where they could take it.

on the subject of now-extinct animals, I'd love to see a Terror Bird (which I could see as a Fighting or maybe Fighting/Flying type, possibly Rock/Fighting if it were a fossil), a polacanthus (which could be an interesting choice for a Grass type with its spikes being thorns), a dimetrodon (which could go in several different directions) and whilst I could list almost every single extinct sea creature (that's not already been made into a Pokemon), I'll just finish by saying I'd love a metriorhynchus.

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
I specifically want it not to be a fossil, but that is just me personally, largely because we don't need more Ice/Rock types as it is just plain awful

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Xous's prediction drawing of Zoroark was one of my favorites. I know it's not really an idea, but it looks legit.

upload_2017-11-29_21-43-57.png

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
A red hot chili pokémon with fangs that would be the first official grass/fire type with an ability that acts like Destiny Bond on any opponent using a biting based move. Or a Wicker Man with the same typing. I've had this idea since 5th Generation so don't go taking my idea without telling me since I have some design ideas. ;) Not to mention a Leprechaun that should rightfully be dark/fairy obviously.

Although not the first time, the Tapus imo have played an important staple in showing Game Freak's design tapping taken into account outside of Japanese mythology and I would love to see them take it further into realms of Germanic, American, Greek, Egyptian/Bablyonian/Assyrian/Mesopotamian (Pazuzu) and Celtic characters (Wicker Man).

As most of you are aware there are encyclopedias full of natural history - zoology, paleontology, botany and even microbiology that they haven't even touched for influence despite their already impressive run so far combining these two areas of design (natural history and world mythology). Shame on them is deserved that they couldn't be arsed to expand the fossils this generation despite the fossil site appearing incredibly early, its such a deliquent, backward decision by them. We could have had a badass dromaeosaur by now from them... :(

Last and as opposite the least as you can get, theres always the Cthulhu mythos, but then talk about tempering with power creeping because they would be easily the most powerful pokémon in both in and outside of existence despite having one Outer God already in this universe by the name of Smeargle... and they should all be ??? type.

Last edited:

A Dragon of Destiny

The Ultimate Dragon
What about a rotom like pokémon that changes forms based on the current zodiac constellation that could be locked by an item?

Also, why not a book pokémon with a grass (because they originate from trees) and psychic (because they contain knowledge) typing?

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Can we please get a rosy maple moth and Ice-Type snow leopard or Norwegian forest cat? I could imagine both going on my team for sure.

More ideas:
- Serpentine Dragon/Grass, Rock/Grass, or Rock/Dragon Pokémon based on Lepidodendron (giant scale tree) fossils
- American five-lined skink, aka "blue-tailed skink" (Ground/Electric?)
- Bug/Dark ambush bug that evolves into an assassin bug
- Eevee-esque stick caterpillar that evolves into a variety of geometer moths (including a Bug/Rock emerald moth and Bug/Ghost pale beauty)
- Hawk moth that's literally a moth mixed with a hawk (probably Flying/Bug)
- Steel/Rock turtle-like Pokémon based on ironstone concretions (could even evolve with a new Iron Stone item)
- Possible Meowstic (male and female) evo or fusion based on chimera cats

Last edited:

Austin Eafford

Aspiring Trainer
Three brand new legendary pokemon for the another generation.

Name: Astang
Pokémon: Iron Horse
Type: Steel/Fairy

Name: Bingthy
Pokémon: Night Fly
Type:Bug/Dark

Name: Calemela
Pokémon: Sea Sliver
Type:Water/Dragon

Last edited:

Austin Eafford

Aspiring Trainer
Cheetah Pokémon: Electric Type
Tiger Pokémon: Ice/Normal Type
Flamingo Pokémon: Water/Flying Type
Crane Pokémon: Normal/Flying Type
Clock: Steel Type
Hourglass Pokémon: Steel/Ground Type
Peacock Pokémon: Grass/Flying
Sphinx Pokémon: Rock/Psychic Type
Stegosaurus Pokémon: Electric/Rock Type
Parasaurolophus Pokémon: Fire/Rock Type
Angel Pokémon: Fairy/Flying Type
Jester Pokémon: Dark/Fairy Type
Gazelle/Antelope Pokémon: Normal Type

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
We need a Ground/Fighting type. Badass offensive typing when backed up by Stone Edge, double resistance to Stealth Rock, how could you honestly go wrong?

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
We need a Ground/Fighting type. Badass offensive typing when backed up by Stone Edge, double resistance to Stealth Rock, how could you honestly go wrong?
Definitely. I have said this for a very long time. I think Mudbray/Mudsdale should have been part Fighting.

Austin Eafford

Aspiring Trainer
Cheetah Pokémon: Electric Type
Tiger Pokémon: Ice/Normal Type
Flamingo Pokémon: Water/Flying Type
Crane Pokémon: Normal/Flying Type
Clock: Steel Type
Hourglass Pokémon: Steel/Ground Type
Peacock Pokémon: Grass/Flying
Sphinx Pokémon: Rock/Psychic Type
Stegosaurus Pokémon: Electric/Rock Type
Parasaurolophus Pokémon: Fire/Rock Type
Angel Pokémon: Fairy/Flying Type
Jester Pokémon: Dark/Fairy Type
Gazelle/Antelope Pokémon: Normal Type
Grasshopper Pokémon: Bug/Grass Type

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
Other typings we need:

• Poison/Psychic. Possibly a Cobra.
  • Rock/Ghost sundial Pokémon.
  • Normal/Ghost. Perhaps a regional variant of Porygon, or even just change Porygon to that.
  • Electric/Fighting kangaroo.
  • Electric/Dark. Maybe update Luxray to this.
  • Bug/Dark regional variant of Kricketune with better stats.
  • Bug/Ice. Maybe make CAP's Slycant official.
  • Bug/Dragon Mega Yanmega.
  • Not a new type, but we need a Water/Dragon Gyarados.