• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Glaceon GX

ThorMing099

Aspiring Trainer
4 Eeveelution Eevee
3 Glaceon GX
1 Alolan Vulpix
1 Alolan Ninetales
2 Murkrow (Burning Shadows)
2 Honchkrow (Burning Shadows)
2 Tapu Lele GX

2 Prof. Sycamore
2 Cynthia
4 N
3 Guzma
2 Acelora
1 Brigette

4 Ultra Ball
2 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Pal Pad
1 Special Charge
2 Aqua Patch
2 Enhance Hammer
3 Choice Band
3 Po Town

4 DCE
8 Water Energy

People seems to be thrilling about the release of Glaceon GX. In my opinion, it does look strong with the combination of its GX attack and the move it get. However, I did find that Glaceon is very hard to use, especially when we are going to face a meta that will be full of Steel Type Decks and Weavile.
Anyway, the ability of the card is still a very strong one so I am still willing to give the deck a try. At the very First moment, I started the deck with mono Glaceon GX, the concept is basically trying to slow my opponent down but not letting them to find supporter with Tapu Lele GX at the very first turn, However, the energy requirement of Glaceon GX to attack consume me at least 2 turn to attack, I was getting slow down by my opponent once they tried to Guzma my bench out. Also, the deck will be weaken once I can't go first. So, I tried to add another ice type pokemon, the baby Alolan Ninetales. However, the deck still doesn't work well, especially when I found out that I nearly have no solution while facing Weavile, no matter the new one or the one in Burning Shadows. (There is one very funny moment that my opponent get 4 Prizes in a row by using Rule of Evil, 4 Eevee in my benches had all been KO. I took a lesson with that misplay though.)
Anyway, I need to find another attacker that is not weak to Steel type and have no ability, Honchkrow then come into my mind, Raven's Claw seems quite match with Frozen Bullet of Glaceon GX. However, through testing the deck with my friends, I still doubt with that combination between those pokemons.
Through testing my deck, I found that the deck seems to be very extreme, when I am winning, there are no way that can stop me, but I seems can't find a winning method when I was lead by my opponent.
Also, a little thing to be aware is the portion of Aqua patch, DON'T TRY TO INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF AQUA PATCH IN THIS DECK OR YOU WILL BE REGRET.

ThorMing099

Aspiring Trainer
Little result in the Shop competition I attend on 21/12.
This deck letting me get into top 4 in the match with all winning result. After getting on the top cut, it is late night already, me and my opponent then decided to seperate the prizes and go home happily. lol
Here is my match up:
Game 1: Bye
It is a bit of luck since the regulations of shop competitions are more flexible, we don't need to hand in decklist before playing the match , I can observe the use of different decks before I play, so I took advantages of this. I see that there are only one steel type deck in the competition so I decided to go for this deck.

Game 2: VS Solgaleo GX Dusk Mane Necrozma GX
When I see the pairing I was quite desperate that the first match I play is the deck I weak to. Moreover, I am not the one who go first, It is surely the worst opening for my, luckily, my opponent can't build up well with Glaceon GX 's ability. My opponent end up forfeit after I KO his Solgaleo GX with Glaceon's GX attack.

Game 3: VS Crabominable / Rampardos
Personally I do not like to match up with one prize deck to be honest, but this one is easy though. I crushes my opponent with enhanced hammer and Honchkrow.

Game 4: VS Zoroark GX / Gourgeist
Glaceon GX really did a very awesome job when it is facing Zoroark, this deck only got 4 DCE as evergy drive, without Zoroark GX's trade, my opponent can't get the energy he want, and this makes me win easily.

After 4 games, I have been able to get into Top Cut. I still have to play one more matches as performance game.
I am facing Golisopod GX / Zoroark GX in the game, my opponent set up Mr. Mime quickly and slow me down with enhanced hammer. I lose the game as I couldn't deal enough damages to my opponent and my Po town didn't appear on time.

ThorMing099

Aspiring Trainer
In conclusion, I think this deck is really a nice tier 2 decks in the meta. For now, we can find Solgaleo GX, Zoroark Variants, Buzzwole variants, Golisopod GX and Garchomp/ Lucario as very strong tier one deck. Galceon stand itselfs a quite nice places as a tier 2 deck that really slow down Solgaleo and Zoroark, but being quite hard while facing Golisopod, Buzzwole and Garchomp.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I think Glaceon will be good in standard for all of the 3 weeks it will be legal and Solgaleo will be illegal. However, this thing just has a playground in expanded. Flareon makes a huge difference there, since a Choice Banded Night Spear (90,30) from Glaceon will do 240 and 30 to the bench to a fire weak Mon. The ability is amazing, but a DCE for 120 and hitting for weakness walks all over Glaceon. Great against literally every other deck though.

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
I like this concept quite a bit (though I mainly play Zoroark GX/Decidueye GX which loses to this), before I start making suggestions though, would you mind giving me an idea of what decks have decent performances since ULP is legal (since I don't live in an area where ULP is legal)? It would give me a better idea of what I should suggest to include/remove. Something that you can try (just as a thought) would be Alolan Sandslash from GRI. It has the Slush Rush ability which lets you draw a card once per turn without repercussions and its move (Smash Turn) deals 50 damage for a [W] and DCE and says switch this Pokémon with one of you benched Pokémon (so you can put up a Glaceon GX to activate its Freezing Stare ability). Throw in some more Aqua Patches and you'd be good to go (keep in mind this is just a fun idea that may not have any potential once so ever). Let me know what you think, thanks!

ThorMing099

Aspiring Trainer
I like this concept quite a bit (though I mainly play Zoroark GX/Decidueye GX which loses to this), before I start making suggestions though, would you mind giving me an idea of what decks have decent performances since ULP is legal (since I don't live in an area where ULP is legal)? It would give me a better idea of what I should suggest to include/remove. Something that you can try (just as a thought) would be Alolan Sandslash from GRI. It has the Slush Rush ability which lets you draw a card once per turn without repercussions and its move (Smash Turn) deals 50 damage for a [W] and DCE and says switch this Pokémon with one of you benched Pokémon (so you can put up a Glaceon GX to activate its Freezing Stare ability). Throw in some more Aqua Patches and you'd be good to go (keep in mind this is just a fun idea that may not have any potential once so ever). Let me know what you think, thanks!
tbh, it is still not stable yet, new decks occurs every week, but to be honest, Garchomp Lucario deck works really well here, SilvallyGX become less and less, Fighting and Steel Type is being very strong nowadays, Buzzwole and Solgaleo is being a representative here.
And Gardevoir become very less, you seldom see Gardevoir GX in competitions these days.

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
tbh, it is still not stable yet, new decks occurs every week, but to be honest, Garchomp Lucario deck works really well here, SilvallyGX become less and less, Fighting and Steel Type is being very strong nowadays, Buzzwole and Solgaleo is being a representative here.
And Gardevoir become very less, you seldom see Gardevoir GX in competitions these days.

Ok, since Garchomp/Lucario seems powerful, you can throw in a single Glaceon EX for extra levels of disruption. Mr. Mime can help against Buzzwole GX and you already have the Alolan Ninetales (baby). I currently don't have to many other ideas besides maybe playing Weavile (BUS) instead of Honchkrow for extra spread damage. I'll let you know if I have any other ideas. Let me know what you think, thanks!

Redcubone02

Aspiring Trainer
If your playing dce and honchkrow already why not add tapu koko free retreat and much better spread. I would take out the vpix and ninetales for two kokos because they are kinda unenessesary.

ThorMing099

Aspiring Trainer
If your playing dce and honchkrow already why not add tapu koko free retreat and much better spread. I would take out the vpix and ninetales for two kokos because they are kinda unenessesary.
Because Ninetales can take peizes while koko can't, Koko is a nice pokemon, but the main purpose of my deck is to slow my opponent down. Also, It is not an option if my opponent have a Mr.Mime in his deck. Koko also have another problem, it can't make me take prizes from my opponent, I would consider put 1 Espeon EX though.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Because Ninetales can take peizes while koko can't, Koko is a nice pokemon, but the main purpose of my deck is to slow my opponent down. Also, It is not an option if my opponent have a Mr.Mime in his deck. Koko also have another problem, it can't make me take prizes from my opponent, I would consider put 1 Espeon EX though.
Koko isn't supposed to take prizes, though. It's supposed to put chip damage on your opponent field, as well as provide free retreat. When has a competitive player ever used Koko to take prizes as It's purpose? If you Don't play Koko, don't even play Honchkrow. I Don't see a 1-1 Ninetales doing anything big, since every deck plays a safeguard check in their list, plus if you prize either piece of the line, It's worthless, on top of playing 3 different stage 1 lines. Because Glaceon evolves from an Energy attachment, even just the Vulpix isn't that useful. Espeon is a must-have though, and Tapu Koko contributes to damage that Espeon can use to devolve everything.

Sal Fontana

Glaceon GX hype!
As a Decidueye/Zoraork player, this deck scares me. It will completely kill any decidueye variants, and that makes me sad. Anyone have any tech ideas? Decidueye/Zoraork is already such a tight-list archetype that I'm afraid it may just drop out of the meta completely due to Glaceon GX...

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
As a Decidueye/Zoraork player, this deck scares me. It will completely kill any decidueye variants, and that makes me sad. Anyone have any tech ideas? Decidueye/Zoraork is already such a tight-list archetype that I'm afraid it may just drop out of the meta completely due to Glaceon GX...
It will also fall out of the meta because fire/Garb, and Solgaleo with a Band OHKOs.

ThorMing099

Aspiring Trainer
Update 30/12/2017 Match Pokémon TCG Point Ranking Phase Result: 2-2-0
Game 1 VS Greninja W
The first time I see the pairing I was so scared, coz what I ought to play can't stop my opponent. Unfortuntely, my opponent have a very bad hand and I win very easily.

Game2 VS Yveltal EX/ Silvally EX / Zoroark W
This time my deck strategy being very useful, my opponent can't play Tapu Lele GX to buildup and were stuck in till mid game.

Game 3 VS Greninja / starmie L
I have to say Greninja is unstoppable in front of Galceon GX.

gAME4 VS Greninja / Octillery L
Still the problem that no method to stop my opponent from dealing damages and draw cards.

Conclusion:
After today match ups, my thought on having Espeon EX in my deck is more certain.
In this competition, I can see 6 Greninja decks in 16 decks, so I think I can assume Greninja is being one of the most popular deck in the meta. Steel type decks are still working very well in the meta. Galceon GX's position is being quite awkward at the moment, maybe I need to take away my Ninetales and replace it with a Glaceon EX and Espeon EX.

P.S. The 4 players I match up with get into top 4 at the same time. What a coincidences. lol

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Here's a possible solution:

Porygon-Z from Burning Shadows...

In fact, I have a deck list in mind, based on your list, for Ultra Prism based on snipe, ability-based devolution, and Weavile prevention. Proposed changes in bold:

3 Eeveelution Eevee(4 is nice, but in this game, if 3 GXes get KO'd, you lose...)
3 Glaceon GX
2 Porygon(Burning Shadows)
1 Porygon2(Burning Shadows)
2 Porygon-Z(Burning Shadows)(Ability not only forces foe into Po Town purgatory by having to re-evolve every one of them when it becomes their turn again, but since the act doesn't end your turn, as it's an Ability in contrast to Espeon-EX's Shine(which is an attack), it also puts the foe prone to having to shuffle the evolution back in deck by N/Illma)

1 Alolan Grimer(S&M)
1 Alolan Muk(S&M)(Ability counters Mr. Mime)

2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Tapu Fini GX(Switch to for Lele before Ringing back to Glaceon-GX to re-establish ability lock)

4 N/Illma
3 Cynthia
3 Guzma
1 Brigette
2 Skyla(Easier to get rare candy w/ Skyla)

4 Ultra Ball
2 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher
2 Rare Candy
2 Enhance Hammer
3 Choice Band
3 Po Town

Energy:
4 DCE
6 Water

^ Like my proposed changes? You may consider any or all of them as possible aids to your own deck...

Now it's bedtime for me...

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Here's a possible solution:

Porygon-Z from Burning Shadows...

In fact, I have a deck list in mind, based on your list, for Ultra Prism based on snipe, ability-based devolution, and Weavile prevention. Proposed changes in bold:

3 Eeveelution Eevee(4 is nice, but in this game, if 3 GXes get KO'd, you lose...)
3 Glaceon GX
2 Porygon(Burning Shadows)
1 Porygon2(Burning Shadows)
2 Porygon-Z(Burning Shadows)(Ability not only forces foe into Po Town purgatory by having to re-evolve every one of them when it becomes their turn again, but since the act doesn't end your turn, as it's an Ability in contrast to Espeon-EX's Shine(which is an attack), it also puts the foe prone to having to shuffle the evolution back in deck by N/Illma)

1 Alolan Grimer(S&M)
1 Alolan Muk(S&M)(Ability counters Mr. Mime)

2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Tapu Fini GX(Switch to for Lele before Ringing back to Glaceon-GX to re-establish ability lock)

4 N/Illma
3 Cynthia
3 Guzma
1 Brigette
2 Skyla(Easier to get rare candy w/ Skyla)

4 Ultra Ball
2 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher
2 Rare Candy
2 Enhance Hammer
3 Choice Band
3 Po Town

Energy:
4 DCE
6 Water

^ Like my proposed changes? You may consider any or all of them as possible aids to your own deck...

Now it's bedtime for me...
Why on earth would they play Porygon-Z taking up 7 spaces when Espeon EX takes 1? And why on earth would they not play Sycamore when It's the best draw supporter in the game?

Sal Fontana

Glaceon GX hype!
Why on earth would they play Porygon-Z taking up 7 spaces when Espeon EX takes 1? And why on earth would they not play Sycamore when It's the best draw supporter in the game?
I like porygon in theory, but it's wayyyy too clunky in this list. No sycamore means you WILL end up with dead hands, either to start the game or at some point during. I do like the inclusion of alolan muk, definitely an underrated card. Even if they do get glaceon out of the active, Lele will still be shut down. Why on earth would you play Illima instead of N? It's completely luck based, and I hate it as a supporter. If you were playing the GRI fliptini, then maybe a one or two of, MAYBE. Or if you're making a super budget deck. But you have Lele in the list, obviously not a budget deck.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I like porygon in theory, but it's wayyyy too clunky in this list. No sycamore means you WILL end up with dead hands, either to start the game or at some point during. I do like the inclusion of alolan muk, definitely an underrated card. Even if they do get glaceon out of the active, Lele will still be shut down. Why on earth would you play Illima instead of N? It's completely luck based, and I hate it as a supporter. If you were playing the GRI fliptini, then maybe a one or two of, MAYBE. Or if you're making a super budget deck. But you have Lele in the list, obviously not a budget deck.
Fliptini only works on attacks, so Illima STILL wouldn't be a viable supporter