• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Magnazone/Luxray Snipe

biffthepotato

It's Wednesday M'dudes
Hi. This deck is based off of the Ultra Prism Luxray that has the attack for a (L)(L)(C) that does 150 to any of your opponents Pokemon and discard all energy attached to it. I am going to use this with the Magnazone in Break Point to attach as many lightning energy to my Pokemon as I want during my turn. We can also use the Luxio from Ultra Prism as well to Item lock our opponent.

So here's the list:

Pokemon: 20

4x Luxray (ULP)
3x Luxio (ULP)
4x Shinx (ULP) #45 (I can evolve into Luxio on first turn if I go second for turn one Item lock)
2x Magnazone (BT)
1x Magnaton (ULP)
1-1 split of Magnamite from (BT) #51 and ULP) #81
1x Xurkitree GX (Promo)/(ULP)
1x Shining Celeby (SHL)
2x Tapu lele GX (GAR)

Trainers: 29

3x Cynthia (ULP)
1x Professor Sycamore (BP)
3x N (FCO)
2x Fisherman (BT)
1x Bridgette (BT)

4x Ultra Ball (SUM)
4x Rare candy (SUM)
2x Max Potion (GAR) (can max potion damaged Luxrays because they already discard energy)
3x Energy Retrieval (SUM)
2x Field Blower (GAR)
2x rescue stretcher (GAR)

2x Float stone (BT)

Energy: 11

11x Lightning Energy

This deck is a combination of a Luxio item lock deck and a Luxray snipe deck. I use Magnazone in this deck to power up my Luxrays to hit whatever I want. I don't play Guzma's because Luxray hits whatever I want either on the bench or in the active. We can use the Shining Celeby to Late game Item Lock to stop our opponent from wining. I play the one Xurkitree GX to prevent damage being done to it by Pokemon with special energy attached to them, we can also use Lighting GX to disrupt our opponent, and discard cards from our opponent's deck with Rumbling Wires. The Shinx that I use has an ability that lets you evolve it on your first turn if you go second witch can allow us to get item lock with Luxio turn one.

I have no idea if this deck will actually work, because it might be to clunky with the two stage two lines and any input would be greatly Appreciated.

Thanks!

Well the two Magnezones have different retreat costs so that could be a relevant factor...maybe?

Not enough supporters
What supporters is he missing exactly? I mean, I guess he could get a second Brigette.

I just don't know how I feel about TWO stage two lines in a single deck. I've seen it done in something like Metagross/Solgoleo, but that is a clunkfest too.

Back