Finished Mafia XLVIII: Motfia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Case 1:

What do you hope to achieve from voting TE and asking this question? TE is new and I wouldn't be expecting them to be strategising at this level?
Calls out NP for his vote on TE.​

It's good to know that he's played on Discord a few times, that helps with how I read him. Meanwhile, I suggest that you really consider the differences between forum mafia and Discord mafia

Oh okay then
##UNVOTE ##VOTE: Gekki
Scummy bandwagon jumping on to an easy new-player lynch.

And then jumps on Gekki for a similar reason.​

Gekki thinks TE should not be considered new, citing he's played Discord mafia before. I suggest to "consider the differences...", and Gekki responds that he has. The fact that Gekki considered the differences yet continued to vote TE was what caused me to interpret his bandwagoning as opportunistic (or easy) and scummy, and so I voted Gekki. That's a different picture to the one of logicial inconsitencies that you're trying to paint.

Still, it boils down to them voting TE without properly considering his experience. Similar, not identical.

Case 2:

I am just seeing this all to be very similar to last game: Gekki was scummy/was townier then got too aggressive/was somewhat logically inconsistent, yet he flipped town.
Points out that the Gekki situation mirrors the last game, suggesting that Gekki could be town.

Anyway, ##UNVOTE. I implied earlier but possibly didn't spell it out; this is turning out very similar to last game, so I'm really not feeling a mafian flip. (My initial vote was pressure.)
And then he unvotes, because he never really thought Gekki was mafia. Instead, he suggests a NP lynch (for a reason that wasn't true). He also suspects some other players.​

Here you say that I "never really thought Gekki was mafia", which firstly is not what I said at all, and secondly, it isn't this sudden mindset change as you're implying. The post beforehand shows where I was standing; a post that came after reevaluating the discussion that had occurred among Gekki/Lorde/myself.

You state My initial vote was pressure. You compare his play to the one from the last game. You are making it sound like you weren't fully expecting Gekki to be mafia.

Case 3:

The irony here is that Gekki is majorly tunneling Lorde, increasingly more than the other way around.
Just making a few corrections, since the tunnel vision is distorting things: -

And now he's back at arguing why Gekki is a better lynch than Lorde.

I am also getting very sick of this whole Gekki vs Lorde thing, especially how repetitive these points and defenses are...
But besides a quick gander at NP, that's the only thing you seem to have cared about today.​

A bulk of stuff happened between these posts and my vote on NP (which was when I was asleep). Gekki and Lorde (+ others) were increasingly at each other's heads, and their arguments were getting increasingly tunnelly. This is especially in the case of Gekki, who also had very little people pressuring him, as opposed to the massive push on Lorde. More, it became pretty apparent that the town wasn't going to discuss anything else - e.g. people will normally comment on other cases, even those completely off-the-mark like the NP case, yet we didn't see that; so I sorta just gave up trying to go elsewhere, and stuck with trying to keep the Gekki/Lorde discussion balanced.

You also say I focus solely on Gekki, which is absolutely false; there is more volume about him simply because I was often online when he and Lorde were (as oppose to everyone else); you even quoted some of the comments and thoughts on other people.

But you did get some comments on the NP case. Even if it was completely off-the-mark. And if you had come up with an actual valid case, I'm sure you would have gotten more responses than 'You're wrong'.

I'm aware that you were commenting on other people, however, there was hardly anything of substance, besides making some generic statements and asking/answering questions. I realize that I incorrectly wrote this as if there was nothing at all besides the NP case, which is my mistake, but I do believe I expressed myself better in the TLDR summary.

Case 4:

These last two pages have been highly repetitive, and his why I'm saying that this Gekki vs Lorde thing is unhelpful. It's becoming detrimental and out of hand, and needs to be toned down. Plus, I guarantee you that most players will not be reading those posts properly anyway.
Again, if you think this way, why aren't you making an effort at steering the discussion away from this, and instead fueling the discussion? You mentioned earlier that you had other suspicions. Why not look into those?​

To repeat the above, it was clear to me that this discussion couldn't be steered away at least by my own efforts - heavily looking into anyone else would be choked out. That said, I was still vigilant on commenting on other people who I thought were strange.
Was I fueling the discussion? To an extent, sure, but only for a brief time, because the discussion was one-sided. After commenting on NP, I tried to not say much that would fuel it. You say "more on Gekki" in regards to two of my posts after this, but they were actually comments on other people's interactions in regards to Gekki (the first was re: Lorde and the second was re: Jade). Another missecd context.

Regarding the Jade quote, you're right, I did miss the context of that post. At that point, I had been working on the ISO for over three hours and just wanted to be done...

I do not think I missed any other context.

I also can't help but notice that your comments effectively restate what happened, instead of drawing proper conclusions.

Well, in a lot of the cases, that was my intention.

Simsands you haven’t claimed yet mind doing so?

You are Alex Croft, and you are a Patient Competitor. A young man of considerable wealth from Unova, you look down on most of the other players. You have had the best private training money can buy, and the fact that you are here in this tournament of champions proves it has worked. Some of the other competitors have tried befriending you, and you really couldn't care less. You're only here to win. You took great offense to being accused of stealing Windra's cake. As if you would let that commoner's cake past your lips.

Ability: GlareOnce per night you may PM me the name of any player and stop them from using a night action during this night.
Win Condition: All Dirty Stinking Cake Thieves brought to justice

Night 0: No target
Night 1: Lorde

So lorde was telling the truth and thus is town cause she said her ability was cancelled on night 2

The fact that she wasn't lying about being blocked does not confirm that she's town. We only know that she didn't perform the night kill.

Please make a case on someone then. We don't need to do your dirty work.
Not sure where this came from, but yes, I'm going to be working on it.

How did this ever become apparent?
I explained this in Case 3 (in the spoiler). I mean, the fact that both Gekki and Lorde were being highly vocal and drowning virtually everything else out, and the fact that most other people were only ever focused on those wagons, are both pretty big giveaways on their own.

But you did get some comments on the NP case. Even if it was completely off-the-mark. And if you had come up with an actual valid case, I'm sure you would have gotten more responses than 'You're wrong'.
Comments from... Gekki? Only after I pushed him for some. Everyone else? Nope, zilch.

I'm aware that you were commenting on other people, however, there was hardly anything of substance, besides making some generic statements and asking/answering questions. I realize that I incorrectly wrote this as if there was nothing at all besides the NP case, which is my mistake, but I do believe I expressed myself better in the TLDR summary.
You said "bar a few exceptions", which isn't much better, because that's also painting a different picture. I am frankly surprised that you say my comments lacked substance. Jade is the more obvious one, but I also commented on people like TE and gave my thoughts regarding my reads, I might have commented on Mariano, and definitely commented on Lorde regularly. And that's just the more extensive stuff. If you say that asking/answering isn't substantial, and thus isn't substantial scum-hunting, then I don't know what is.

I explained this in Case 3 (in the spoiler). I mean, the fact that both Gekki and Lorde were being highly vocal and drowning virtually everything else out, and the fact that most other people were only ever focused on those wagons, are both pretty big giveaways on their own.
Because nobody else decided to make a case that wasn't simply wrong.
I'd believe based on your reads list that you did think Gekki was the best option. If not, you could have stopped that tunneling by actually pushing a lynch and getting that blood on your hands. You're bbninjas; people sheep you like there's no tomorrow if you want them too.

Thanks for your faith in me, but people don't sheep unless the most influential people (e.g. Lorde, yourself, simsands) are my scumbuddies. You know that... :p

Ayway, the fact that no one else actually made a case is another indicator that the town was set on either Gekki or Lorde being lynched.

Ayway, the fact that no one else actually made a case is another indicator that the town was set on either Gekki or Lorde being lynched.
It's more of a sign that scum was letting us lynch one of us, they didn't care which because neither of us was one of them.
Tagging people who haven’t claimed yet
@Jadethepokemontrainer
@NinJamezor
Nin hasn't even posted yet, give him his time (hopefully by the end of the day, but still). And Jade's viewing the thread now, so he should soon.

Welcome Ninjamezor!

I'm trying to find as much time as possible for this game, which isn't much unfortunately but it should come soon (if I can get all my homework done :/).
The best I can give right now is that claim ya'll are looking for~

You are Kiria Gramarye, and you are a Patient Competitor. As a child, you did a brief stint in Team Rocket before realizing they were jerks and leaving. Since then, you have traveled the world and made countless friends and sharpening your skills as a Trainer. Windra affectionately calls you 'Mom' despite you barely being in your thirties. Guess you've got that mature look down. You're proud of yourself for resisting eating Windra's cake. Probably would have gone straight to your hips anyway.

Ability: Telekinesis
Once per night you may PM me the name of any player and learn who targeted that player during this night.

Watch: BB

Night 1 results

No one else targeted bbninjas.

Now that just about everyone has claimed
Could you all please post who you think the 4 Mafias are? No reasoning no nothing just who you think is scum

Now that just about everyone has claimed
Could you all please post who you think the 4 Mafias are? No reasoning no nothing just who you think is scum
Yeah I'm down for that. tbh, like I said before, I'm not sure I even have four scum reads. Also, why no reasons? It seems pointless and silly not to have reasons. I'm really only seeing 3 of ya'll as possible scum right now, though I don't even have great cases for any of them. Those are bb, Firo, and maybe, maybe Nick and/or NP. Besides that, I'm seeing everyone else currently as town. Didn't see enough of Mariano to really be able to read, hope to hear from Nin soon.

Yeah I'm down for that. tbh, like I said before, I'm not sure I even have four scum reads. Also, why no reasons? It seems pointless and silly not to have reasons. I'm really only seeing 3 of ya'll as possible scum right now, though I don't even have great cases for any of them. Those are bb, Firo, and maybe, maybe Nick and/or NP. Besides that, I'm seeing everyone else currently as town. Didn't see enough of Mariano to really be able to read, hope to hear from Nin soon.
Of course I go saying it's silly to not have reasons and then don't give any myself :/

What are yours @TOTAL_EPICNESS

Hello everybody!
Tagging people who haven’t claimed yet
@Jadethepokemontrainer
@NinJamezor
Here's my claim:
You replace Mariano11887.
You are Quayle Valentine, and you are a Patient Competitor. After Team Galactic destroyed your hometown, you joined Team Galactic with the intent of destroying them from the inside, but that effort ended in failure. After you nearly killed Rose's Gardevoir in your match against her, your fiancee left you and Nye, your childhood friend, shunned you. You have sworn to change, however, and prove to both women you aren't a monster. You saw the glances you got when Tsomu first accused the group of stealing cake. You know they think you're guilty, but you're going to prove your innocence.

You have no abilities other than your vote.

Who hasn't claimed yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back