Finished Mafia XLVIII: Motfia

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Sorry I've been busy for this day so far, I hope to be more active.

4 scum? I've never played with more than 3 before. Okay, time to quote myself again. I'm gonna read back now and hopefully get a post out in the next hour or so.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Guys, I want to let you know that I just asked PMJ to sub me out. I'm currently on my vacations and I'm not able to be as active as this game requires.
It was funny for me until now and I hope you enjoy the rest of the game. :)

See you in future games!

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
This further elucidates that bb could very well be Mafia and they may not be contributing in the reveal for fear that Townies will recognize their claimed role as a safe claim.
Or maybe PMJ designs safeclaims well and people just don't want to give scum their role for no reason? BB's very likely scum, but not for that reason.

And your role actually makes you look more likely to be scum to me, since I find it simply ridiculous that PMJ would have 4 scum and a townie that folds like a cheap card.

TE's ability seems unlikely because PMJ hates percentage roles unless it actually isn't and he's always accurate or something.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
And your role actually makes you look more likely to be scum to me, since I find it simply ridiculous that PMJ would have 4 scum and a townie that folds like a cheap card.
So you think it's a possible check on scum? I wouldn't believe you normally, but we have 4 scum in a 12 player game. I think it makes sense, actually.
TE's ability seems unlikely because PMJ hates percentage roles unless it actually isn't and he's always accurate or something.
... are you using this as an actual point against him or...?

NinjaPenguin

... are you using this as an actual point against him or...?
Neither town nor safeclaim I think would have a percentage role with PMJ as host, so the "might be wrong" is likely just there to stop FtC, while it might still be fully accurate.
Also, would you mind claiming?

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Neither town nor safeclaim I think would have a percentage role with PMJ as host, so the "might be wrong" is likely just there to stop FtC, while it might still be fully accurate.
Host inspection is something I despise, especially after having seen it after being the hostess. It's useless and a waste of time. I think especially after you said it yourself in the main FG chat that 100% reliable seers are bad for games, he could've easily made it so one didn't exist in game.
Also, would you mind claiming?
I would if this damn site allowed me to C/P, lemme see if it works on mobile.

NinjaPenguin

Host inspection is something I despise, especially after having seen it after being the hostess. It's useless and a waste of time. I think especially after you said it yourself in the main FG chat that 100% reliable seers are bad for games, he could've easily made it so one didn't exist in game.
Here's a convo for you though:
PMJ - 01/10/2018
Percentage roles are garbage and I will never use them again
bbninjas - 01/10/2018
"again"
I actually used them in my first game
Bad plan :<
PMJ - 01/10/2018
I can't remember exactly what roles in what games
I used a magic 8-ball seer in one game, which I thought was a cool twist on it
but percentage roles in general are just easy safe claims for scum
I will push for their lynch every time

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I'm able to copy what's in the PMs, but pasting in this box isn't happening on any device.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Then you can just say your role and results without all that fancy flavor.
I have an ability where if I die, a person I chose previously would have their role revealed. I got the specifics, it would be revealed as theirs and it would be their real role (not their safe).

I get one shot at it. Because I thought I was either dead last night or would be turbo-lynched today I tried to name a target, and chose Mariano. But I was blocked by someone, and the action never went through.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Well, you asked for my readings and here they are.
Definitely Town. I don't just say it because of my own belief
Town. Only solution with him as of now as he is playing like last game.
Undecided, now leaning more towards scum based on actions (not trying to start an argument).
Undecided, leaning more towards Town. He tried to help.
Mafia. Starts another argument and ends up getting us to bandwagon on the lynch of a Town.
Leaning Town but undecided.
Very unsure, not enough information. Same goes for the others not included in my readings.
There it is NP, you asked and I gave it. Merry belated Christmas.

NinjaPenguin

What's Host Inspection? I don't recall seeing it on the vocab list.
She means host speculation, which, just as it sounds, is speculating on the host's choice of role based on your knowledge of them.
I have an ability where if I die, a person I chose previously would have their role revealed. I got the specifics, it would be revealed as theirs and it would be their real role (not their safe).

I get one shot at it. Because I thought I was either dead last night or would be turbo-lynched today I tried to name a target, and chose Mariano. But I was blocked by someone, and the action never went through.
Why Mariano? Who do you read as scum now?
Well, you asked for my readings and here they are.
Definitely Town. I don't just say it because of my own belief
Town. Only solution with him as of now as he is playing like last game.
Undecided, now leaning more towards scum based on actions (not trying to start an argument).
Undecided, leaning more towards Town. He tried to help.
Mafia. Starts another argument and ends up getting us to bandwagon on the lynch of a Town.
Leaning Town but undecided.
Very unsure, not enough information. Same goes for the others not included in my readings.
There it is NP, you asked and I gave it. Merry belated Christmas.
Why do those reasonings point towards being town or scum?

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Why do those reasonings point towards being town or scum?
I said I wasn't trying to start an argument but okay, here it goes. I didn't finish with my reading for Lorde but I think Town because she was trying to figure this out as was I while you kept throwing objections. On TLS, I have seen very little differentiation from how he played last game and I know how a different side game two or three can effect you which is why I lean Town on his case. With T_E, like Lorde, he tried to help but due to the nature of his ability, PMJ could have given false results. bb is comparable to last game as you said because yes, he did target Gekki which means that if he was Mafia and kew that Gekki was Town then, he got us together in a wagon to get rid of someone who I admit I have quarreled with in my first game but haven't thought of it until recently. Sim like Lorde and T_E tried to help in the massclaim however it didn't work as well as we had hoped however still withheld information I feel. Everyone else I don't have enough information to read.

NinjaPenguin

I said I wasn't trying to start an argument but okay, here it goes. I didn't finish with my reading for Lorde but I think Town because she was trying to figure this out as was I while you kept throwing objections.
When was this?
Sim like Lorde and T_E tried to help in the massclaim however it didn't work as well as we had hoped however still withheld information I feel. Everyone else I don't have enough information to read.
Sim hasn't even claimed.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
When was this?

Sim hasn't even claimed.
I said I wasn't trying to make an argument when I posted my current readings in your spoiler box and I knew Sim hadn't claimed, I was referring to where Sim was telling us who was left to claim. I'm not putting it behind me that he could be Mafia and doesn't want to use the safeclaim if more than three other people haven't claimed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.