Help Sun and Moon Ultra Prism Pre Release Length?

jamin77

Aspiring Trainer
This weekend was looking forward to attending a pre-release but I just realized I have work that same day. If the pre-release starts at 12:00PM, approx how long will it last? Its a 20 minute drive there and my work starts at 4:30, will it be over by the time my work starts??

That will depend on a couple things. First, does the tournament start at 12:00, or do you get your kit and start building your deck at 12:00? If the later is the case, the tournament would start at around 12:30. The number of rounds depends on the number of people attending, but 5 seems to be the average, so I'll go with that. The time limit for each round is 30 minutes and it takes about five minutes for the next round to get sorted out in my experience.

So assuming the tournament starts on time at 12:30, there are five rounds that all go to time, and five or so minutes between each round then the tournament should end at around 3:30. Throw in 30 extra minutes of delay/time between rounds and you're looking at about 4:00, so I'd say you'll probably be fine.

(Oh also, in case you haven't heard this before, buy some sleeves. It'll make the experience much more pleasant and your cards won't be PSA 1s by the end of the day. ;))

Worst case scenario, any store worth its salt would let you go when you need to and give you any participation packs you should get (of course for dropping you wouldn't be able to get prize packs, unless they're to leave you in and "make you the bye round" then let you collect anything you'd be missing out on another time).

Back