Finished Mafia XLVIII: Motfia

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Who even voted for gekki in the first place anyway?

If it was BB, then he could have been mafia becouse whenever anyone votes for gekki, he just blows up and pretty much kills himself because people vote for him.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.

If it was BB, then he could have been mafia becouse whenever anyone votes for gekki, he just blows up and pretty much kills himself because people vote for him.
Lorde, Firo, Nick, TE, you, and myself (though mine was for securing a lynch, not because I wanted to).

BB is looking bad for wagon distancing by not actually having his vote on Gekki despite making a case on him and saying he dropped his point on me.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
This happened in the last mafia too. bb aggrivates gekki somehow, and then he blows up, we all vote for him, and then he dies and the mafia wins.

We should stop this.

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
I think bb may be a mafian because he sparked the arguement between gekki and whoever else, and he pretty much started the incorrect bandwagon.

Yeah, I voted for Gekki because he read to me as scum (which sounds really mean out of context). The entire bit with Lorde dragged on for so long that I got tired and frustrated of seeing it. I voted for him in RVS, I think, then changed to T_E, then back to Gekki.

Also, to any player, what's MYLO mean? I know what it stands for (Mislynch You Lose), but like, does it mean that if the wrong person is lynched, that the game is done?

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Yeah, I voted for Gekki because he read to me as scum (which sounds really mean out of context). The entire bit with Lorde dragged on for so long that I got tired and frustrated of seeing it. I voted for him in RVS, I think, then changed to T_E, then back to Gekki.

Also, to any player, what's MYLO mean? I know what it stands for (Mislynch You Lose), but like, does it mean that if the wrong person is lynched, that the game is done?
I think so. There has to be 4 mafians in this game, or maybe 3 with an ability that allows them to steal a vote.

NinjaPenguin

The issue with MYLO as a term is that it varies. Some times, it's mislynch and you will lose. Others, it's mislynch and you lose unless doctor protects. And in others, it's mislynch and possibly lose if all night actions go badly.

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
I think so. There has to be 4 mafians in this game, or maybe 3 with an ability that allows them to steal a vote.
That sounds like a devious ability. o: I like it.

The issue with MYLO as a term is that it varies. Some times, it's mislynch and you will lose. Others, it's mislynch and you lose unless doctor protects. And in others, it's mislynch and possibly lose if all night actions go badly.
Ahh, gotcha, thanks.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
MYLO at the beggining of Day 2? That means there are 4 mafians? We need to be careful.
Gekki flipped town, so there is a decent chance that people who wanted him dead is scum, I would go after those ones.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Oh wait, just realized that quaking wasn't nightkilled, only his role was revealed. And we are at MYLO? I really don't understand. Are there 5 mafians?

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Lorde, Firo, Nick, TE, you, and myself (though mine was for securing a lynch, not because I wanted to).
You know, you didn't need to hammer, the rule that we largely agree on (where a simple majority is required) is not in this game.
BB is looking bad for wagon distancing by not actually having his vote on Gekki despite making a case on him and saying he dropped his point on me.
I actually agree with this. He also said he'd lay down his vote on Gekki and made some massive wall posts, when he never actually committed a vote.

However, the same can be said about yourself, though to a lesser extent.
A steal a vote wouldn't put us in MYLO, especially since they need the actual numbers (not just votes, people actually aligned with them) to push that so soon. There have to be 4 mafians, which is ridiculous in a 12 player set-up.
Oh wait, just realized that quaking wasn't nightkilled, only his role was revealed. And we are at MYLO? I really don't understand. Are there 5 mafians?
No, PMJ said there're 10 players alive. Quaking's dead, though the flavor makes it look like otherwise.

NinjaPenguin

You know, you didn't need to hammer, the rule that we largely agree on (where a simple majority is required) is not in this game.

I actually agree with this. He also said he'd lay down his vote on Gekki and made some massive wall posts, when he never actually committed a vote.

However, the same can be said about yourself, though to a lesser extent.

A steal a vote wouldn't put us in MYLO, especially since they need the actual numbers (not just votes, people actually aligned with them) to push that so soon. There have to be 4 mafians, which is ridiculous in a 12 player set-up.

No, PMJ said there're 10 players alive. Quaking's dead, though the flavor makes it look like otherwise.
Hammer was to prevent last second vote shenanigans; that rule doesn't exist.

And this false equivalency is what makes you look so scummy. BB said Gekki was the best lynch and I was bad and didn't actually vote the way he said was best nor gave reason not to. I said Lorde was the best lynch and voted Gekki to prevent shenanigans despite not wanting to.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Hammer was to prevent last second vote shenanigans; that rule doesn't exist.

And this false equivalency is what makes you look so scummy. BB said Gekki was the best lynch and I was bad and didn't actually vote the way he said was best nor gave reason not to. I said Lorde was the best lynch and voted Gekki to prevent shenanigans despite not wanting to.
I think you already established that anyone who tried to pull anything was dead, there was no necessity for it, and anyone stupid enough to do anything was good as dead since you were watching the thread like a hawk. And the rule has been in some of the recent games, and I think the idea was proposed by scattered in the main FG discussion thread. Should be in every game, tbh.

I can't seem to find anywhere where you specified leaning either way.

NinjaPenguin

I think you already established that anyone who tried to pull anything was dead, there was no necessity for it, and anyone stupid enough to do anything was good as dead since you were watching the thread like a hawk.
You say that but Nick called me a blockhead for my idea so wtv.
I can't seem to find anywhere where you specified leaning either way.
After I gave Gekki that last chance, I was pretty assured he wasn't the best lynch. Post where you can tell my leaning is here:
One minutes until Gekki hammer. Don't want it, but a lynch is better than none and I don't want any shady business.

Also, BB explicitly said what was best and still didn't vote it. That's really different.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
On mobile; bbn didn’t vote because he was asleep and by the time he had woken back up, the votes had piled up on Gekki and NP had hammered him, so... I didn’t vote him before I went to sleep because my vote would have put him dangerously close to the hammer mark.

NinjaPenguin

On mobile; bbn didn’t vote because he was asleep and by the time he had woken back up, the votes had piled up on Gekki and NP had hammered him, so... I didn’t vote him before I went to sleep because my vote would have put him dangerously close to the hammer mark.
Gekki was at L-3 and you had a VW of 1 yesterday. Putting someone at L-2 isn't dangerously close.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Confirming quaking is dead via the mafia's factional kill. Long story short the flavor doesn't allow for everyone to go to bed so this was my workaround.

I didn't update the OP because I had an appointment I was running late for and didn't want to make you guys wait for me. The OP is updated.

If town doesn't lynch scum today, it's over, no questions asked.

TOTAL_EPICNESS

it wouldnt let me put morse code
so what do we do? if there are 4 mafias like everyone is saying then there is a 40% chance we can pull through off of a random guess but that would make no sense as we would be putting it up to dumb luck i saw NP suggest a massclaim and i feel like in this situation that might be our best option

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
so what do we do? if there are 4 mafias like everyone is saying then there is a 40% chance we can pull through off of a random guess but that would make no sense as we would be putting it up to dumb luck i saw NP suggest a massclaim and i feel like in this situation that might be our best option
Man, random guessing is a dumb idea. This isn't RVS. 40% chance of hitting scum. That's a 60% chance of hitting town and instantly losing. I'm not gonna hinge my bets on random chance. I wanna actually play this game, since it's my first time. I'd really rather not have it cut short due to someone thinking a 40% chance is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.