Games Current Video Game Discussion

Nebby Baggington

Bag Dweller
I really like Lorde's idea for a movie discussion thread (you can tell by the name I used for the thread ;) ) but I sat down and thought to myself "I like video games more than movies" so I made this. I've been thinking about creating this thread for a while but I wanted to say words about the latest Mini Direct that came out of Nintendo recently so I'm gonna do that. Besides this, use the thread for talking about current video games, (or at least ones that have long replay value i.e. multiplayer games like Spla2n and PUBG)

The World Ends With You Final Mix was a really interesting announcement as in I didn't think this game would ever receive any attention, which is sad considering it sold fairly well. I never got around to playing this game when it first came out considering I was three or four, so I ended up tracking down a copy in New York about two years ago. The game was not easy to find, and I've only seen one other copy in a Gamestop in my life. That there might be the problem seeing as GameStop doesn't care much about classic DS games as I'd hope. I must have played this game around seven, eight, nine (ty) times, because it's a very good game. Seeing it now on the Switch is also really cool, and I'll probably end up playing the game even more because now I can do it on a screen that's bigger than a 3DS, which will be quite nice. The thing I hope for is that this sells well, not that the original didn't, but this needs to sell better, because I will do whatever it takes to get that sequel.

(proceeds to skip over things I don't care about)

Mario Tennis Aces is pretty cool. I didn't come into the direct with Tennis on my mind but honestly probably will buy it, especially since there's a story mode, which just adds to the amount of content in the game. I don't see myself buying it at launch, though, since I have no need for a tennis game over TWEWY and the next three games.

I never actually played Tropical Freeze, seeing as I didn't own a Wii U. I know a lot of people are complaining about ports unless it's Smash because that's basically the only game people care about anymore, but ports aren't hurting anyone, seeing as they're being worked on by other teams, and they won't take any resources away from things like Prime 4 and Pokemon, and it literally means people who didn't have a chance to play those games will be able to, which is never a bad thing. Also, it's Donkey Kong, and I love Donkey Kong

Payday 2 remains one of my most played games ever, since the replay value is near infinite with the different ways you can accomplish each heist. It adds some nice variety to the Switch, too, because a game where you can massacre 300 police officers in 30 minutes is a nice contrast to Mario. What I hope for is two player splitscreen, (not with single joycon obviously, but two joycons each I guess) in tabletop mode. If we don't get that.... I'll probably still buy it lol

Dark Souls Remastered.... $40.... May 25.... That's all. A remastered game I love that I can play on a bus, that isn't for full price *cough* Doom, L.A Noire, Skyrim *cough* that has an actual release date instead of "This Spring"

I know people are disappointed by this direct but I couldn't care less.

But can we have Virtual Console?

Aspiring Trainer
$40 isn't a lot, are you poor?

We pay up to $79 or $89 RRP for games like Doom, L.A. Noire & Skyrim on Switch, even games like Monster Hunter World on ps4 costs $109 in Aus.

Nebby Baggington

Bag Dweller
$40 isn't a lot, are you poor?

We pay up to $79 or $89 RRP for games like Doom, L.A. Noire & Skyrim on Switch, even games like Monster Hunter World on ps4 costs 09 in Aus.
I mean, yeah I am poor lolol. I don't have a job so I pay for these games by mowing lawns and selling stuff, which isn't exactly sustainable. I'm not sure what you were referring to with the "$40 isn't a lot" comment, because I said quite the opposite in fact, and I agree with you. $40 isn't a lot. I was speaking about these full price games such as L.A Noire and Doom, which are ports, that cost more than this game.