Finished Mafia XLVIII: Motfia

Status
Not open for further replies.
*and by respond, I mean give actual reasons instead of "oh, you twisted stuff"

I am actually trying to work on that, what is there to conveniently ignore anyway?

@bbninjas I'll make a post once I read. I'm currently finishing installing my TV mount. I'm about to have an energy drink. :D So, barring any TV mounting catastrophes, I'll make a post before the game day ends.

*and by respond, I mean give actual reasons instead of "oh, you twisted stuff"

I am actually trying to work on that, what is there to conveniently ignore anyway?
You're saying I'm not debunking points...while I'm pushing you to give me points to debunk and debinking points.

Regarding Lorde's inconsistent vote reasons

Looking at that timeline, I'm really not seeing how she keeps changing her vote reason? (Your commentary is underlined and italicised.)

The original vote for reference.

She says it was just a pressure vote, but then asks why I see it as scummy.
I'm not fully understanding what you're getting at here? Do you mean it's weird that Lorde says that Gekki isn't "especially scummy" yet still votes him? If so, it would make sense for Lorde to cast a pressure vote to develop her read further.

This is something of a fallacy, because my alignment (or how I am being read) shouldn't dictate whether my points are good or bad as you've implied - rather, people should make that decisions based on the justification/logic presented. As such, Gekki should have considered what I implied regarding OMGUS regardless of how he read me, which is where Lorde's vote comes from.

She then relies on a "good point", which implies she's voting him for scumminess, not really pressure.
I do not see how scumminess and pressure are really any different? A good pressure vote can only be made on someone who has been scummy, otherwise you won't have anything to pressure them about.

She now claims the point was Gekki ignoring a question from you about what made the OMGUS scummy, which doesn't seem like "disregarding" you at all. For someone so specific about what words she uses, disregard and ignore are quite different.
I also don't see any difference here? Lorde never said that "Gekki ignored a question [directed at him]", if you mean that. If you didn't mean that, then 'disregard' and 'ignore' seem entirely interchangeable here - used in this post, "disregard" conveys the idea that "Gekki did not consider bbn's post in his vote [regarding TE being new and his OMGUS action]", which is the same reason Lorde gave in her original vote.

And now she says then it wasn't based on BB's point (by using a different point of Gekki's).
You appear to be misinterpreting the context of Lorde's statement here: I voted Gekki for "bandwagoning onto an easy lynch". Lorde voted Gekki for "not considering in his vote the pointed-out reasons that suggest TE's OMGUS is not scummy". Although I wouldn't say these vote reasons are "completely different", they are still different and Lorde is justified in saying what she did, nor has she changed her reason.

All in all, the reasons Lorde gives for her vote actually seems to be very consistent, with subtle differences in phrasing.
Okay, I reread this, and it makes alot more sense the second time of reading it. However, there are a few things that are off still:

If you're scum, your view will obviously be biased, therefore all of your points should be taken with a grain of salt.

Actually, Lorde basically originally voted me for failing to understand something extremely vague that really only she interpreted as a point. ;)

Mind pointing out those inconsistencies? I might be able to explain.
Two of them are:
1) When you said part of Lorde's defense should be scumhunting, while you said you couldn't scumhunt because you were defending yourself.
2) The trap that NP put ahead of you with the "Right now?"
If I'm reading correctly, Mariano thinks I'm scummy because I am connected to Lorde because Lorde also defended TE, which Mariano thinks is scummy. And if my reading is correct, then Mariano's logic here is very vague and weak.
I never said it was a decent reason to read her and you as scum, but it's the best thing I have inside this chaotic Day 1. Also, you keep defending Lorde right now. Is there anything about her that you don't agree with?
Regarding the list in general, it is interesting that Mariano managed to develop a read on simsands despite them having very few posts, but is unable to read others who have also made a similar amount of posts.
It's not about the amount of posts, it's about the content of the few posts they made.
@bbninjas I'll make a post once I read. I'm currently finishing installing my TV mount. I'm about to have an energy drink. :D So, barring any TV mounting catastrophes, I'll make a post before the game day ends.
This will be good to read.

Two of them are:
1) When you said part of Lorde's defense should be scumhunting, while you said you couldn't scumhunt because you were defending yourself.
1. I meant that Lorde should be scumhunting since I was mainly attacking her for not scumhunting. So basically, I meant she should temporarily ignore some of my other points and scumhunt a little bit.
2. Not sure what you mean.

Oops, I thought one of the "same goes for you" was for my backpedaling point.

That actually makes sense. I'll excuse you of that.
So then the only point left on me that we don't share is the one where I'm fabricating scum-tells on you, which is false. You said I needed to scum hunt in my defense, and when I was asked my thoughts I gave them on a few other players, and made no direct response to why I said I couldn't do it properly. That's why I think you were ignoring the point, which was a completely valid defense.

Next there's tunneling. Look what I got out of that? I started from you disregarding "a good point" and now I've tacked multiple scum-tells on you. I've been scum-hunting in some shape or form this entire time. The thoughts on others after asked proves it wasn't hard tunneling either. I don't know who said it, but they were completely right about me developing my read through tunneling.

Then there's hypocrisy, which I have no defense for and will admit to. But that's also not always scummy (though yes, in most cases it is). It is for you in your case because it was being used to ignore my valid defensive points (and continue to push me for said points even though they're completely false). Even so, you can't build a case based on solely hypocritical instances (unless en masse, which they really aren't for either of us).

The only significant reason I should have any votes for me is the lack of justification in finding a reason to vote, and I've found multiple reasons to keep my vote where it is through tunneling, while not even really changing my original line of thinking. Gekki wasn't even listing this as a reason and so his vote is invalid. On the contrary, NP (who isn't even voting me) is using this point against me can because this is actually something very scum-like before being explained.
Interestingly, all these reads are neutral or town, or just generally whishy-washy, and they miss a few people (myself for example).
Mariano's a scum read. I also answered my reads with my quick edits to Gekki's read list, where I agree on most of those points. As always, you're neutral. Hard to read you otherwise because you're always so enigmatic.
@GekkisaiDaiNi
So you want me to vote correct?
##UNVOTE
##VOTE Gekki
I gotchu fam
Um... what?
It was a joke...
##UNVOTE
Um, what??? Stop. Sooo much is wrong with this:

- Hard bandwagoning.
- Massive backpedal.
- Joking despite no longer in RVS.

And I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt. :U
She keeps changing what she voted, which makes no sense because town Lorde should know exactly why she voted and stick to it.
And I've clarified how/why this is false.
If you're scum, your view will obviously be biased, therefore all of your points should be taken with a grain of salt.

Actually, Lorde basically originally voted me for failing to understand something extremely vague that really only she interpreted as a point. ;)
And you're reading BB as town, and because of that for you this is pointless.

I believe BB actually confirmed that "the point" and my interpretation of said point was correct.
How have I sheeped, I made a massive ISO on Lorde and have pushed her like no one else. Really, just because I voted Lorde after simsands did doesn't mean anything. Ive pushed the case far more than anyone else. And I honestly don't feel like making another massive post on a Kindle today.
You're once again defending yourself for doing something similar - if not identical - to something you attacked me for doing earlier, and spinning it to make you look townie. That's really scummy. You claim I'm sheeping BB when you're doing the same thing with Sim and NP. So what is it, is it a point on both of us or neither? There's no middle ground on this one.
Two of them are:
What trap is this?
I never said it was a decent reason to read her and you as scum, but it's the best thing I have inside this chaotic Day 1. Also, you keep defending Lorde right now. Is there anything about her that you don't agree with?
Both BB and I are smart enough that we would never buddy like this if both of us are scum.

No you don't.
Oh snap

So, based on my slightly less than thorough read through, in tandem with my previous reads, here's my list, I guess? BB was curious.

I am wary of multiple people. I'm wary of Gekki due to his generally accusatory and assumptive nature in this game. I'm wary of anyone who has been particularly snappy about being accused of anything. I understand that there's a level of "Hey, why're you suspecting me?" when being chosen, but taking it too far feels suspicious. Aggressively defending a point or vote, especially if it involves saying that someone is bandwagoning, feels like an attempt to draw attention to or away from a specific area.

And I'm wary of NP because
Imagines a QT with Firo (that's what GP's called in Discord btw), Jabber, and IE.Shudders
My puns are amazing. This is a joke read. Or is it?

Maybe not exactly what everyone was expecting, but then again, am I really what people expect?

Since these are working again...

TOWN:
- Jade, playing as he always does, playing well early D1 then just not existing later. Town
- simsands, despite disagreements sim's play looks very natural for him. Town
- TLS, bandwagoning and activity begging sound and seem in character for him compared to last game, but because he doesn't have a very developed meta I'm a little bit less sure on this one. Light Town
NEUTRAL:
- NP, hard neutral. I think I talked about this before, but NP's just unreadable for me because of how much he's able to control himself and his meta. Neutral, Town Leaning
- bbninjas, just as enigmatic as NP, though for different reason. Neutral
- GP, I was gonna say Firo looked scummy earlier just from his abundance of fluff in any phase, but considering he's said he's working a ton right now, I'm just gonna put him right in the middle. Neutral
- quaking, I honestly have nothing to say about him besides his general lurking (outside of today, ofc). Scummy but he flipped town last game doing this. Neutral
- T_E, gets the benefit of the doubt for being super new, but uh, his actions need to change. Joke voting at this point is unacceptable. Neutral, Scum Leaning

SCUM:

- Mariano, for just in general being very OOC. Backpedaling, bandwagoning, etc. aren't things I'd ever see from him after the last two games. Light Scum
- Gekki, I've explained my thought process behind this one more than enough. Scum

@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK is not on this list because he's yet to say anything yet. Anything. And tell me if I forgot anything, so that when I return I'll be able to get my take on them.

So because my teachers are asses, and assign new HW on Sundays, I'll be busy with that for a couple hours. Bye for now.

Yo, I managed to read through 10 pages! Yay me! Okay, let's do this~

Expect the post to come in about 30 minutes after I compile everything.

Um... what?

Um, what??? Stop. Sooo much is wrong with this:

- Hard bandwagoning.
- Massive backpedal.
- Joking despite no longer in RVS.

And I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt. :U

Both BB and I are smart enough that we would never buddy like this if both of us are scum.
As to the first part, I totally agree.

As to the second part, that's no excuse. It's WIFOM.
You're once again defending yourself for doing something similar - if not identical - to something you attacked me for doing earlier, and spinning it to make you look townie. That's really scummy. You claim I'm sheeping BB when you're doing the same thing with Sim and NP. So what is it, is it a point on both of us or neither? There's no middle ground on this one.
I've admitted to tunneling, and I wasn't attacking you for that. I'm not sheeping them, I've brought up new reasons and carried this case myself. At this point we're both tunneling eachother, and I don't think anyone can deny that. I attacked you for voting based off a weak point and jumping on a wagon with bb super fast wayyyyyy earlier in the game and have since dropped that point. There is an obvious difference.

I'll post the response to Lorde's post in pieces. Damn Kindle.

I've admitted to tunneling, and I wasn't attacking you for that. I'm not sheeping them, I've brought up new reasons and carried this case myself. At this point we're both tunneling eachother, and I don't think anyone can deny that. I attacked you for voting based off a weak point and jumping on a wagon with bb super fast wayyyyyy earlier in the game and have since dropped that point. There is an obvious difference.
Forgot to add to this that neither of us is sheeping, we're both carrying the cases on eachother.

So then the only point left on me that we don't share is the one where I'm fabricating scum-tells on you, which is false. You said I needed to scum hunt in my defense, and when I was asked my thoughts I gave them on a few other players, and made no direct response to why I said I couldn't do it properly. That's why I think you were ignoring the point, which was a completely valid defense.

Next there's tunneling. Look what I got out of that? I started from you disregarding "a good point" and now I've tacked multiple scum-tells on you. I've been scum-hunting in some shape or form this entire time. The thoughts on others after asked proves it wasn't hard tunneling either. I don't know who said it, but they were completely right about me developing my read through tunneling.

Then there's hypocrisy, which I have no defense for and will admit to. But that's also not always scummy (though yes, in most cases it is). It is for you in your case because it was being used to ignore my valid defensive points (and continue to push me for said points even though they're completely false). Even so, you can't build a case based on solely hypocritical instances (unless en masse, which they really aren't for either of us).

The only significant reason I should have any votes for me is the lack of justification in finding a reason to vote, and I've found multiple reasons to keep my vote where it is through tunneling, while not even really changing my original line of thinking. Gekki wasn't even listing this as a reason and so his vote is invalid. On the contrary, NP (who isn't even voting me) is using this point against me can because this is actually something very scum-like before being explained.
I'm responding to Lorde's last thing here because it is so wrong that it's funny. All I need to say is:

I've had that as a main reason on you like, forever. And it was me that came up with the point in the first place, iirc. If you didn't know that, you are just flat-out ignoring posts.

As to the first part of this, I said I was happy you started scumhunting. And I did make a response to why you said you couldn't do it properly. Therefore I was not ignoring the point.

As to the second, I gave thoughts on others as well, but we haven't moved our votes. Therefore, we're both tunneling. And I've debunked literally all the points you've made on me (or will have by the time I finish this response.)

As to the third, once again, you've ignored my responses to your points. They were not hypocritical, and you will find them if you read the thread.

TLDR: Stop ignoring my points, and if you don't, stop trying to scumread me for not responding to your points when I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back