Finished Mafia XLVIII: Motfia

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Quaking's been lurking a ton in general, though today he gets a pass because of his birthday, and he's probably busy with plans. Take note he did this last game as well and flipped town. :L
- Mariano's acting hella OOC imho. Remember that thing I said I was reading up on, that was Mariano's meta. I didn't think I'd found anything that really stuck out, but the bandwagon of his changes things. I honestly see Mariano being a bit more hesitant to lay down a real vote than how he did.
- You're neutral for me. Honestly with the amount of times you've deliberately shifted your meta I'm not reading you as anything.
- TE's... new. Don't know why he thinks I'm defending well (I'm not lmao).
- TLS is in character (that bandwagon seems natural from him), however a lot less active.
- People like Jade, GP, and Nick just haven't done anything notable yet.
Would you (or anybody else) mind making a reads list? I'll get to one fairly soon.

Yeah, that sounds pretty NAI for me.

Even I find this hilarious, I'm clearly not defending myself perfectly if I'm still under fire for a lack of justification. I do play aggressively in general though, that's not new for me.

- "Tunnel - Verb. The act of focusing all of your attention on one player while ignoring the rest, even if logic dictates others would be worth your time." - Mafia Master Doc. If I'm doing this so are you. :U
- Nothing in particular stuck out as hypocritical.
- Unwillingness to scumhunt, lmao. Most bulls*** point all game. I love how you're pressing me to scum hunt rn when earlier when you were the top case you said you couldn't scum hunt properly because you needed to defend yourself. That is literally what I'm doing right now (hypocritical). And I was going to sleep as well, so this is a super invalid point. :D

If you wanna know what I was actually doing, I was trying to see if you would suggest anyone else to prove you weren't tunneling. But you didn't, so...

NP's said that he's deliberately tried to change the way he plays to avoid being caught. And that's a problem with rolling scum so many times in a row.
-But you have no reason to be tunneling me, while I do.
-I stated this to bb earlier. Here's the quote:
-Fine. She states that she's just pressure-voting me, then attacks me for pressure-voting TE. (PS. Adding backpedaling to my case, between going from thinking its OMGUS to attacking others for thinking it's OMGUS is a very strange mindset shift and it happened really fast.)
-Except I'm attacking you for not scumhunting, so logically part of your defense should be scumhunting, instead of bs tunneling. Kthx

Once again, I have a legitimate case on you. You don't have vice versa for me.

That is true.

-I stated this to bb earlier. Here's the quote:

-Except I'm attacking you for not scumhunting, so logically part of your defense should be scumhunting, instead of bs tunneling. Kthx

Once again, I have a legitimate case on you. You don't have vice versa for me.

That is true.
PS if you were going to bed just scumhunt in the morning.

Would you (or anybody else) mind making a reads list? I'll get to one fairly soon.

Since I've managed to catch up, I'll go ahead and do that.

GekkisaiDaiNi - Originally my biggest town read for D1. Has started leaning a bit more neutral as the day has gone by.
quakingpunch73 - Haven't seen much of him so far, but I think that's not uncommon for day 1. Neutral.
bbninjas - Getting some bad vibes from him, but I'm always getting bad vibes from him. He's always scum in my mind.
Jadethepokemontrainer - Slipping under the radar. I want to see more from him.
Lord o da rings - For previous mentioned reasons, my current top scum read.
GrandPanacea - Showing up and randomly voting TE looked very weird. Is also slipping under the radar. Neutral leaning scum.
The Last Shaymin - No read so far.
NinjaPenguin - I felt you were slipping under the radar at the start of the game, but you're back now, which is good.
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK - Is he even playing?
Mariano11887 - No read so far.
TOTAL_EPICNESS - No read so far.

We're doing reads lists? I thought people thought reads lists were scummy? Anyways, here goes:

Lorde-My top scumread. I've explained why.
quakingpunch73-Slightly OOC lurking but it's his birthday. However it hasn't been just today so I'm still counting it. Slight scumread
The Last Shaymin-Sheepy mentality but thats in character for him.
bbninjas-I have absolutely no clue. I'm watching him like a hawk.
Nick-N/A
Mariano-A little more aggressive than usual. Neutral, slightly scummy.
simsands-By far my top townread. His reads make sense, and he's mindmelding me regarding Lorde and a few other things. His tone is also very townie.
TOTAL_EPICNESS-Typical newbie town play coming from him. Neutral, leaning town.
GrandPanacea-No useful posts, hasn't done much outside of RVS. Flying under the radar? Maybe. But he's also new so he might just be overwhelmed. Neutral
Jade-Inactive as usual. His early posts seem like he was actually trying, which he almost never does as town. Leaning scum

We're doing reads lists? I thought people thought reads lists were scummy? Anyways, here goes:

Lorde-My top scumread. I've explained why.
quakingpunch73-Slightly OOC lurking but it's his birthday. However it hasn't been just today so I'm still counting it. Slight scumread
The Last Shaymin-Sheepy mentality but thats in character for him.
bbninjas-I have absolutely no clue. I'm watching him like a hawk.
Nick-N/A
Mariano-A little more aggressive than usual. Neutral, slightly scummy.
simsands-By far my top townread. His reads make sense, and he's mindmelding me regarding Lorde and a few other things. His tone is also very townie.
TOTAL_EPICNESS-Typical newbie town play coming from him. Neutral, leaning town.
GrandPanacea-No useful posts, hasn't done much outside of RVS. Flying under the radar? Maybe. But he's also new so he might just be overwhelmed. Neutral
Jade-Inactive as usual. His early posts seem like he was actually trying, which he almost never does as town. Leaning scum
Oops, forgot NP.

NinjaPenguin-He seems on his town meta. Well thought out posts and he's asking the right questions. Townie

This is bulls***. I'm gaining more and more reasons to be voting you, actually. I have just as much reason to tunnel you at this point.
Except I'm attacking you for not scumhunting, so logically part of your defense should be scumhunting, instead of bs tunneling. Kthx.
You're hysterical. No, the only logical point you have on me that still stands is tunneling, which goes both ways for us. I'm not even tunneling as hard, you're way overreacting.

You also ignored this, my response to not scumhunting, that's convenient:
I love how you're pressing me to scum hunt rn when earlier when you were the top case you said you couldn't scum hunt properly because you needed to defend yourself. That is literally what I'm doing right now (hypocritical). And I was going to sleep as well, so this is a super invalid point. :D
Denying that is useless.
PS if you were going to bed just scumhunt in the morning.
Hmm... what do you think this is then? Someone asked me for thoughts and I gave them thoughts on other people:
- Quaking's been lurking a ton in general, though today he gets a pass because of his birthday, and he's probably busy with plans. Take note he did this last game as well and flipped town. :L
- Mariano's acting hella OOC imho. Remember that thing I said I was reading up on, that was Mariano's meta. I didn't think I'd found anything that really stuck out, but the bandwagon of his changes things. I honestly see Mariano being a bit more hesitant to lay down a real vote than how he did.
- You're neutral for me. Honestly with the amount of times you've deliberately shifted your meta I'm not reading you as anything.
- TE's... new. Don't know why he thinks I'm defending well (I'm not lmao).
- TLS is in character (that bandwagon seems natural from him), however a lot less active.
- People like Jade, GP, and Nick just haven't done anything notable yet.

Points for Gekki:
- Hard tunneling.
- Pushing people to read his scum meta in a game that's not a valid description of any way he plays anymore (shaky, but kinda distracting).
- BS and/or hypocritical logic (unwillingness to scum hunt is both of these, chainsaw defense).
- Straight up ignorance of valid points and defenses I'm making.

Lorde-My top scumread. I've explained why. (-)
quakingpunch73-Slightly OOC lurking but it's his birthday. However it hasn't been just today so I'm still counting it. Slight scumread (+)
The Last Shaymin-Sheepy mentality but thats in character for him. (+)
bbninjas-I have absolutely no clue. I'm watching him like a hawk. (+)
Nick-N/A (+)
Mariano-A little more aggressive than usual. Neutral, slightly scummy. (+)
simsands-By far my top townread. His reads make sense, and he's mindmelding me regarding Lorde and a few other things. His tone is also very townie. (+)
TOTAL_EPICNESS-Typical newbie town play coming from him. Neutral, leaning town. (+)
GrandPanacea-No useful posts, hasn't done much outside of RVS. Flying under the radar? Maybe. But he's also new so he might just be overwhelmed. Neutral (-)
Jade-Inactive as usual. His early posts seem like he was actually trying, which he almost never does as town. Leaning scum (-)
Reads lists are mainly scummy when they come super early. Added in (+) and (-) where I agree and disagree with you, because I'm about to leave and won't have time to make a formal reads list for a few hours.

Can I just say how odd it is that we seem to agree on most reads? Only ones I disagree with are myself (duh), GP who's just unreadable because of how little he's done (so that's basically the same as well), and Jade because he always tries, but he's rarely ever around for long.
NinjaPenguin-He seems on his town meta. Well thought out posts and he's asking the right questions. Townie -
And I disagree with this. He pretty much lacks a valid town meta because of how long it's been since he's been town (last time was like, my first game). So he's just straight up null for me.

This is bulls***. I'm gaining more and more reasons to be voting you, actually. I have just as much reason to tunnel you at this point.

You're hysterical. No, the only logical point you have on me that still stands is tunneling, which goes both ways for us. I'm not even tunneling as hard, you're way overreacting.

You also ignored this, my response to not scumhunting, that's convenient:

Denying that is useless.

Hmm... what do you think this is then? Someone asked me for thoughts and I gave them thoughts on other people:

Points for Gekki:
- Hard tunneling.
- Pushing people to read his scum meta in a game that's not a valid description of any way he plays anymore (shaky, but kinda distracting).
- BS and/or hypocritical logic (unwillingness to scum hunt is both of these, chainsaw defense).
- Straight up ignorance of valid points and defenses I'm making.

Reads lists are mainly scummy when they come super early. Added in (+) and (-) where I agree and disagree with you, because I'm about to leave and won't have time to make a formal reads list for a few hours.

Can I just say how odd it is that we seem to agree on most reads? Only ones I disagree with are myself (duh), GP who's just unreadable because of how little he's done (so that's basically the same as well), and Jade because he always tries, but he's rarely ever around for long.

And I disagree with this. He pretty much lacks a valid town meta because of how long it's been since he's been town (last time was like, my first game). So he's just straight up null for me.
-Then post them. (Yes I'm aware you just did, but you hadn't then.
-Said the pot to the kettle. We're both tunneling at this point, lol.
-I didn't ignore that...it's different when you do it because I was pushing you for not scumhunting, so part of your defense should be scumhunting.
-Hadn't read that yet.
-Once again, said the pot to the kettle.
-Lol. I suggested reading it if you want some hints as to my scum meta. This point is crap.
-That just isn't true. I've responded to all of your posts.
-That's crap and you know it.

It is odd, but it doesn't mean anything.

Thank you for scumhunting, that is really what I wanted to see from you.

I'll make updated points on you in a sec.

Reads List:

Moderate Townreads:
TE-Very strong town vibes coming from him, and he's trying to help. I might be wrong if he's not as newbie as he's letting on, but p sure rn.

Strong Townreads:
Sim-It's always dangerous to read sim because he's so good, but def. leaning town.
Firo-I just think he's pretty townie so far.

Neutral/Null (These go on the town side because of pure probability):
TLS-He seems townie, but last game showed me he's better than he may let on.
Nick-Hasn't posted, who knows?
Jade-I don't actually remember any posts from him. Please be solvy in the future.
Mariano-Some posts give me ugly vibes, others make me think he's town. I'm gonna read over his posts again for sure. He's also someone I would want to look at once we see a few flips, to really gauge his interactions.

Slight Scumreads:
Quaking-He's not the proactive town Quaking I like to see, but last game def. makes me doubt a scum read on him.
BB-Sim shares my thoughts on him, and I don't like the trashy case he made on me.

Moderate Scumreads (In no particular order; yes this is for a reason):
Gekki-He's quite scummy (then again I scumread him quite often), but has a lot of genuine seeming belief in himself being town.
Lorde-I can't get over how poorly she justified that vote on Gekki, especially because stuff almost exactly like that is what got me caught in both WoTG and Askr (both times by Cel ).

I can't understand @GekkisaiDaiNi 's last post because it's completely unclear which part of the post he's referring to. Please quote parts of the post your list of points refers to because it's really hard to rebut them otherwise.
I also want to see both Gekki and Lorde make a case for who they want lynched D2.

Lorde is/has been:

-Backpedaling.
-Making hypocritical points (Attacking me for pressure voting TE, ignoring both of the two points I just listed again and then attacking me for ignoring points)
-Trying to make it look like I'm ignoring her points when I'm obviously not (AKA fabricating scumreads)
-Tunneling

Reads List:

Moderate Townreads:
TE-Very strong town vibes coming from him, and he's trying to help. I might be wrong if he's not as newbie as he's letting on, but p sure rn.

Strong Townreads:
Sim-It's always dangerous to read sim because he's so good, but def. leaning town.
Firo-I just think he's pretty townie so far.

Neutral/Null (These go on the town side because of pure probability):
TLS-He seems townie, but last game showed me he's better than he may let on.
Nick-Hasn't posted, who knows?
Jade-I don't actually remember any posts from him. Please be solvy in the future.
Mariano-Some posts give me ugly vibes, others make me think he's town. I'm gonna read over his posts again for sure. He's also someone I would want to look at once we see a few flips, to really gauge his interactions.

Slight Scumreads:
Quaking-He's not the proactive town Quaking I like to see, but last game def. makes me doubt a scum read on him.
BB-Sim shares my thoughts on him, and I don't like the trashy case he made on me.

Moderate Scumreads (In no particular order; yes this is for a reason):
Gekki-He's quite scummy (then again I scumread him quite often), but has a lot of genuine seeming belief in himself being town.
Lorde-I can't get over how poorly she justified that vote on Gekki, especially because stuff almost exactly like that is what got me caught in both WoTG and Askr (both times by Cel ).

I can't understand @GekkisaiDaiNi 's last post because it's completely unclear which part of the post he's referring to. Please quote parts of the post your list of points refers to because it's really hard to rebut them otherwise.
I also want to see both Gekki and Lorde make a case for who they want lynched D2.
That's ungodly hard on tablet. Basically, read a full thought from Lorde's post then look down at the thought that's in the same part of my post as Lorde's last thought is.

D2? I'm not sure. If Quaking continues his lurking then I'll be looking at him. BB might be a possibility as well, and I'd like to see some more posts from Mariano, since he is acting strange. Depending on those posts, I'd consider him for tomorrow.

PS NP, you've literally scumread me in every single game we've played together, and excluding Askr where we were bussing eachother, I've been town every time... :L

Lorde is/has been:

-Backpedaling.
-Making hypocritical points (Attacking me for pressure voting TE, ignoring both of the two points I just listed again and then attacking me for ignoring points)
-Trying to make it look like I'm ignoring her points when I'm obviously not (AKA fabricating scumreads)
-Tunneling
- Not really. If I’m given evidence that proves me wrong I’m gonna step off. TE’s irl mafia experience making me realize that it’s a possible influence of his irl mafia games made me rethink that though of it being a joke. Perfect example, not backpedaling at all.
- Same goes for you bud.
- Looked like you had been, ngl. I had a reason to believe you were ignoring my point (that actually ties back to you being a hypocrite), and so I pressed you for a response on it which I didn’t see before. That’s bs.
- Again, goes for you as well now.

Every valid point here applies to yourself as well. Now because I’m with a friend rn, I’m officially off for a few hours.

- Not really. If I’m given evidence that proves me wrong I’m gonna step off. TE’s irl mafia experience making me realize that it’s a possible influence of his irl mafia games made me rethink that though of it being a joke. Perfect example, not backpedaling at all.
- Same goes for you bud.
- Looked like you had been, ngl. I had a reason to believe you were ignoring my point (that actually ties back to you being a hypocrite), and so I pressed you for a response on it which I didn’t see before. That’s bs.
- Again, goes for you as well now.

Every valid point here applies to yourself as well. Now because I’m with a friend rn, I’m officially off for a few hours.
So, we're at a stalemate. Except, if you look at Fairy Tail, I'm spot on my town meta.
-When did I backpedal? My TE vote was just a pressure, and trying to move the game forward.
-No, it's not bs. The thing from TE still applies, and I have no idea what your reason to believe I was ignoring your point is, so that still applies as well.

Also, Lorde, your tunneling has been worse than mine. I've always had scumtells on you, and there was that short period of time where you had no reason to keep your vote on me.

No new votes.

NinjaPenguin: Lord bbninjas bbninjas (1)
The Last Shaymin: bbninjas (0)
bbninjas: Gekki simsands TLS Mariano T_E (0)
simsands: quaking (0)
GekkisaiDaiNi: NP bbninjas Lord, TLS (2)
TOTAL_EPICNESS: Jade Gekki NP, Gekki GP (2)
quakingpunch73: Lord (0)
Lord o da rings: GP NP simsands, Mariano, Gekki (3)
Mariano11887: Gekki simsands (0)
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK: Jade T_E (1)
Jadethepokemontrainer: bbninjas (0)
GrandPanacea: quaking (1)

Lord is (still) at L-3.

Not voting: Aqua, T_E

Day ends tomorrow at 3 PM CST (26 hours).

quaking is on V/LA for the next 48 hours. This is not a problem because he was a good boy and made his posting quota.

No new votes.

NinjaPenguin: Lord bbninjas bbninjas (1)
The Last Shaymin: bbninjas (0)
bbninjas: Gekki simsands TLS Mariano T_E (0)
simsands: quaking (0)
GekkisaiDaiNi: NP bbninjas Lord, TLS (2)
TOTAL_EPICNESS: Jade Gekki NP, Gekki GP (2)
quakingpunch73: Lord (0)
Lord o da rings: GP NP simsands, Mariano, Gekki (3)
Mariano11887: Gekki simsands (0)
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK: Jade T_E (1)
Jadethepokemontrainer: bbninjas (0)
GrandPanacea: quaking (1)

Lord is (still) at L-3.

Not voting: Aqua, T_E

Day ends tomorrow at 3 PM CST (26 hours).

quaking is on V/LA for the next 48 hours. This is not a problem because he was a good boy and made his posting quota.
@PMJ, do we need the majority of players to vote for someone to lynch or is it just whoever has the most votes at the end of the day?

This is answered in the OP

This is answered in the OP
Oops, sorry about that. I should've checked first.
Lynches are decided by simple majority (if there are 10 players remaining, 6 votes are required to lynch).​
If a simple majority is not reached, the player with the most votes will be lynched. If there is a tie between two or more players, there will be no lynch.​
There's the quote, basically only because I know I'll forget this at some point later on ;)

@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, the day is ending soon. You ought to place a vote, or at least post some opinions or whatever, or you'll get subbed out.
@Jadethepokemontrainer, your vote is still from RVS. Find someone else to vote for (or come up with some crazy case on Nick if you're into that).
@TOTAL_EPICNESS, like BB said there is almost never going to be concrete evidence, and the day is ending soon so you ought to vote. Especially since Lorde and I are so close right now; the last thing we need is for someone to throw a vote onto me and have the votes tied, which would end the day with no lynch.
@GrandPanacea, looks like you don't have a vote. Or, for that matter, any posts since RVS. :U

Why am I activity poking, you may ask? Well, like I said before, Lorde and I are so close rn that someone could tie us and end the day with no lynch, and we need to get more reads on the inactives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back