Finished Name That Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your first guess you don't have any correct Pokemon confirmed so you can make any guess you want.

The point I'm trying to make is that there appear to be multiple correct answers for this one. What do we do in that case?

Trusting you on the first two (Volca and Bewear) and then narrowing possibilities:
PMJ, we think this is your team:
1: Lunala
2: Latios
3: Hoopa-Confined
4: Arceus
5: Gigalith
6: Dusk Lycanroc

This gets us the dragon psychic, ghost psychic, pure rock, and potentially help toward the water type. PMJ has confirmed we don't need to name which kind of Arceus.

You have to specify form when, compared to the base form, they are different types, different tiers, or both. This goes for in-battle changes as well.

Arceus and Silvally are the same form with a different type. So you don't have to specify type in that instance. They are also all in the same tier. Contrast Lycanroc, who has three forms with the same type. They are tiered differently, so you have to specify which you are referring to.

The point I'm trying to make is that there appear to be multiple correct answers for this one. What do we do in that case?

Guess.

Trusting you on the first two (Volca and Bewear) and then narrowing possibilities:
1: Lunala
2: Latios
4: Arceus
5: Gigalith

This gets us the dragon psychic, ghost psychic, pure rock, and potentially help toward the water type. PMJ has confirmed we don't need to name which kind of Arceus.

Hoopa Confined and Lycanroc Dusk Form are on the team. The rest are wrong. Two guesses left.

Then it should be:
1: Kyogre
2: Ultra Necrozma
4: Bewear
5: Volcarona

Your guess is correct.

Round 4 will be up eventually.

Yes. Eventually. lol

Other activities have required my attention as of late. I'll probably post something up Saturday. Maaaaaybe tomorrow.

Round 4 is up. Go get 'em, kids

Two Rock weaknesses is correct.

Let me post my findings.

Based on immunities:
No fairy types.
No steel types.
No ghost types.
No ground types.
1 normal type.
1 dark type.
1 flying type or a Pokemon with levitate.
No Pokemon with any other abilities which provide immunities.

Other observations:
No normal resistance means there's no rock types.
There is a steel weakness, so there is one ice type (rock and fairy are already eliminated).
No poison weakness lets us eliminate all grass types besides grass/poison.
We do have a ground resist, which means there must be a bug type.
No psychic weakness eliminates the bug/fighting combination, and since the other rock resists are eliminated, our bug type is weak to rock.
The same logic also eliminates the ice/fighting combination, which means our ice type is also weak to rock.
In fact, because of there being no rock resists, we could eliminate all fighting types besides fight/fire and fight/flying, but they would also be weak to psychic.
In other words, there are no fighting types.

There is a dark weakness, and since ghosts have been eliminated, we need a psychic type not part dark, fairy or fighting.
We already knew about the fairy and fighting, but the dark is the interesting part. This means that we have one Pokemon that is a dark type, and one Pokemon that is a psychic type.
There is however only one bug weakness, so either the dark type or the psychic type's secondary typing must resist bug.
Quite a few types resist bug: fairy, fighting, fire, flying, ghost, poison, steel. Out of these, we have already eliminated fairy, fighting, ghost and steel.
We're left with fire, flying and poison.
Fire and flying would make the rock weakness incorrect, and poison/dark (there is no poison/psychic) would introduce a poison resist.

Did I make a mistake somewhere? Or am I forgetting something?

You asked about the wrong weakness; it's entirely your fault and not at all mine :D :D :D

There should be two Bug weaknesses.

So far, I count

1 pure Bug type
1 pure Ice type
1 Dark type
1 Normal type
1 Psychic type

For the last slot, and to fill in the non pure types, we need

1 Dragon type
1 Electric type
1 Water type

There is one Pokemon with the ability Levitate.

I may have missed some, but the possible Pokemon from the first three tiers are these:

OU

Alakazam-Mega
Chansey
Greninja
Gyarados-Mega
Latios
Mew
Rotom-Wash

UU

Alomomola
Azelf
Blissey
Crawdaunt
Haxorus
Latias
Manectric-Mega
Raikou
Sharpedo-Mega
Starmie
Suicune

RU

Blastoise
Bruxish
Cresselia
Espeon
Feraligatr
Glalie-Mega
Goodra
Jolteon
Linoone
Milotic
Necrozma
Porygon2
Snorlax
Umbreon

PU is the only tier with pure Ice and Bug types, so these should be the possible Pokemon from the final tier:

PU

Avalugg
Beartic
Glaceon
Glalie
Illumise
Kricketune
Pinsir
Regice
Silvally-Bug
Silvally-Ice
Volbeat

The Pokemon with Levitate is one of these:

Latias
Latios
Rotom Wash
Azelf
Cresselia

I realize there's a Mega Glalie in RU, which would mess up some of this logic.

If we ignore that, I see two possible type combinations:

Bug, Ice, Normal, Dark/Water, Psychic/Dragon and Electric.
Bug, Ice, Normal, Dark, Psychic/Dragon, Electric/Water.

Both Psychic/Dragon and Electric/Water must have Levitate, which excludes the second combination.

So this is our team:

OU: Greninja, Mega Gyarados or Latios
UU: Crawdaunt, Latias or Mega Sharpedo
RU: Linoone, Porygon2 or Snorlax
RU: Jolteon
PU: Illumise, Kricketune, Pinsir, Silvally-Bug, Volbeat
PU: Avalugg, Beartic, Glalie, Regice, Silvally-Ice

Latias or Latios is our Levitate Pokemon.
Again, Mega Glalie would drastically increase the number of potential types, so I'll start with finding the correct Ice type.

1. Avalugg
2. Beartic
3. Glalie
4. Regice
5. Silvally
6. Latios

Latios is on the team. The rest are not. Two guesses left.

1. Latios
2. Crawdaunt
3. Illumise
4. Kricketune
5. Pinsir
6. Jolteon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back