SM5+ 'Ultra Force' Releasing in January!

makarNa

Aspiring Trainer
Zoroark does 120 with just one energy attachment, Golisopod does 120 with just one energy, this new Buzzwole does 120 for one energy and now we just need other attackers with different types with the same damage output that requires just one energy and we can play rainbow 120.
Torterra seems fun now that you can use strong energy, choice band and of course Regirock EX. The grass one can use the promo Lurantis but in that case with both Stage 2's and Stage 1's can be a little clunky.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Do we not have enough Gardy counters for you? xD
We don't have a hard counter like that to Gardevoir. All the metal cards won't be used and exist purely for a deck but this Buzzwole is a good example of a hard counter. I don't think any of the metal cards made will seriously be used.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
We don't have a hard counter like that to Gardevoir. All the metal cards won't be used and exist purely for a deck but this Buzzwole is a good example of a hard counter. I don't think any of the metal cards made will seriously be used.

D...U...S...K M...A...N...E N...E...C...R...O...Z...M...A

That is one scary ghost. Wonder if he's making a point?

GoldenYungoos

A shiny Yungoos appeared!
... Why would it matter if it's Piplups or Empoleons? Registeel doesn't care either way as long as you're attaching basic M energy. Aqua Patch and Blake are good, no one is arguing that, but to say metal doesn't have acceleration is a bit silly.
It would be a lot easier to pull off if you don't keep switching between registeel and empoleon...

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Umm what... No words for how incorrect this is

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Name one? And really think about that.
Solgaleo will be amazing and top tier, due to high damage, global heal, free switches and no weakness. We have already proven how a stage two deck is viable, so that isnt stoping it.
Magnezone/DM necrozma works almost the same way, and is just as strong. Its consistent and IMO (I have tested it) slight BS broken.
So yeah, Gardy is dead, and metal is amazing.

Waplozes

*Trumpeting Peaks*
Crystal Pidgeot get outta here. You could not be more wrong! The amount of acceleration involved in any metal deck atm is equal, if not exceeding that of your gardevoir. Even within dusk mane, all of the other metal cards hit for x2. Combine fast acceleration with insane easy damage, you have a counter.

Last edited:

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
Stormfront Torterra is also a Fighting Pokemon. Stormfront also released Infernape and Empoleon as their secondary video game types.

Ahh been so long since i saw that set... I remember i bought so many packs trying to pull the shiny Pokemon cards from it till years later when i finally got a ebay account and bought them as singles.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
A card being weak to some doesn't mean auto counter. The reason Gardevoir is good is it doesn't need outside help to get going. All you need a basic energy and DCE and you're ready to go where you have to have Magnezone and something else to attack and a way to recover energy. We are in global agreement that Newgaleo will be the nail in the coffin but that is being pushed back so right now we have a bunch metal attackers that need something else to be good or usable. It's why I said to really think about that answer.

Zebstrika was a hard counter, just like this Buzzwole. Newgaleo is a hard counter but is being pushed back. Nothing has really strikes me as that kind of hard counter. They are just metal Pokemon that Gardevoir happens to be weak to. While I agree that all the metal Pokemon being revealed is intimidating and something to be worried about if you're a Gardy player but that is all it is, intimidating. People said Gardy was dead when Registeel and kartana came out. Where are they now? The best current counter to it is Cobalion and even then you have to be three Prize cards down.

Putting ego aside and the need to just agree, what do any of these new metal Pokemon not Newgaleo actually do to Gardevoir? Gardevoir is a lot like Volcanion. it doesn't care about its matchups much. At the end of the day, no one knows how this will affect Gardy's matchups. Plus, Volcanion is always a thing, which indirectly buffs Gardevoir because fire is a bad weakness to have.