SM5+ 'Ultra Force' Releasing in January!

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Free 2 energy to a water pokemon assuming you have two available Aqua Patches. Me likely so much even though my deck dies to Solgaleo.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
I OBJECT, YOUR HONOR!
To simply discard 2 water energy for ANY TWO CARDS FROM YOYR DECK is OP. Now, if it was Metal Energy, it would be broken, because of all this metal metal metal support.

Your Honor? Thank you for the high status, young nobleman.

The issue is, it's your supporter for the turn to do it, if this was an item or Pokemon ability (preferably a water type's ability) then it would be OP.
There are just too many other good uses for your supporter for the turn than to use Wake.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Play this and get even 1 Aqua Patch and this makes it worth it. As someone who plays a water deck, you don't realize how many times I wish I could pitch a couple of energy to make them live.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Play this and get even 1 Aqua Patch and this makes it worth it. As someone who plays a water deck, you don't realize how many times I wish I could pitch a couple of energy to make them live.
That's not the power of Wake, thats the power of Aqua Patch

Ultimately this isn't far off from Mallow in conjunction with Zoroark GX of Octillery (pokemon Water decks tend to already run). If Mallow isn't that powerful, then Wake isn't going to be much stronger

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Ok sinnoh remake def confirmed now

No, don't even make such a cringy call like that.

Nintendo has already said Sinnoh wasn't happening, for now, maybe never.
It's kinda makes me sick to my stomach seeing people make calls like this, like they have inside info or something.

So let us know if you do have proof of Sinnoh remakes "def" happening, I really would love to know.

GoldenYungoos

A shiny Yungoos appeared!
ooh, so you can discard 2 water energy to grab 2 water energy from your deck?
Prof. letter has nothing on you crasher blake!

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
That's not the power of Wake, thats the power of Aqua Patch

Ultimately this isn't far off from Mallow in conjunction with Zoroark GX of Octillery (pokemon Water decks tend to already run). If Mallow isn't that powerful, then Wake isn't going to be much stronger
The thing is Wake does 2 things Mallow doesn't

1. Allows you to use Aqua patch

2. Allows you to use Mallow if you don't have Octillery in play (or if you have more than 5 cards in hand)

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
The thing is Wake does 2 things Mallow doesn't

1. Allows you to use Aqua patch

2. Allows you to use Mallow if you don't have Octillery in play (or if you have more than 5 cards in hand)

1) It synergies with Aqua Patch yes but it's not hard to get water energies into the discard pile (after all Aqua Patch hasn't had trouble with this so far). If you already have 2 water energies Wake doesn't have an advantage in this regard

2) But Wake also requires 2 water energy in hand to be used in the first place. If you don't have that you can't use Wake. And If you're going to sight Starmie EVO then how is that any different the Mallow needing Octillery or Zoroark.

I'm not taking AFEX's stance that this card is bad. But as far as I can see we already have one card that functions very similarly already and so far it's at best be a one off tech in dechs that can utilize it well. I suspect Wake will end up in the same boat.