• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Salazzle Garb

jix99

Imagine if Pichu was in splatoon :D
Here's my Salazzle Garb list I do wan't help for the list put I am mostly making this post to pose the question if this deck is viable or not.

(Note this deck is untested and just a theory deck.)

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Ho-Oh-GX BUS 21
* 4 Salandit GRI 15
* 1 Salazzle GRI 16
* 3 Salazzle-GX BUS 25
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Trubbish BKP 56
* 2 Garbodor GRI 51
* 2 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 3 Scorched Earth FCO 110
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 1 Kiawe BUS 116
* 3 N FCO 105
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Professor Sycamore XY 122

##Energy - 13

* 9 Fire Energy 2
* 4 Rainbow Energy BKT 152

Total Cards - 60

The point of the deck is to hit two shots with Salazzle and Garbodor while locking abilities. You can use Garb as a great 1 prize attacker or the other Garb to lock abilities and with Salazzle's high HP you can take a lot of damage.

Matchups:

Gardy

The Gardevoir matchup should be really good considering you are only using 2 energies and locking secret spring making it almost impossible to 1 shot you. (In theory.)

Go-pod/Zoroark

I think that Golisopod could turn out to be a good matchup because you lock trade and take easy 1 hits on Golisopod.

Buzzwole/Lycanrock/Regirock

This matchup seems possible because you lock all the abilities but Espeon devolve is a big threat that you will most likely wan't to Guzma and Trashalance almost immediately.

Lycanrock/Zoroark

This matchup is most likely even if you can lock trade and blood thirst eyes early on because form that point it's just who can stream the most consistent 2 shots.

Thanks for reading and any deck advice, matchup advice or just advice in general would be great and I really hope we can make this into a viable deck in the current format!

swaginator5000

Aspiring Trainer
the list seems fine but would suggest removing the scorched earths as its going to be hard to find the necessary energy most of the time. if you kiawe there are 5 in deck and at least 2 of those need to go on a salazzle which leaves 3 to discard at most through scorched earth.

but i do disagree with your match up assumptions

gardevoir only needs 4 energy + band to take a 1 hit on a 2 energy salazzle which is still pretty easy to do under ability lock especially if they hit a blower

tord.dec still plays lots of blowers 3-4 plus puzzle and they never bring a golisopod into play once they know you are playing fire and will 2 shot more effectively

buzzwole idk they are just going to hit you fast and follow your energy for kos

zoroark/lyc idk they still probably take better 2 shots

jix99

Imagine if Pichu was in splatoon :D
the list seems fine but would suggest removing the scorched earths as its going to be hard to find the necessary energy most of the time. if you kiawe there are 5 in deck and at least 2 of those need to go on a salazzle which leaves 3 to discard at most through scorched earth.

but i do disagree with your match up assumptions

gardevoir only needs 4 energy + band to take a 1 hit on a 2 energy salazzle which is still pretty easy to do under ability lock especially if they hit a blower

tord.dec still plays lots of blowers 3-4 plus puzzle and they never bring a golisopod into play once they know you are playing fire and will 2 shot more effectively

buzzwole idk they are just going to hit you fast and follow your energy for kos

zoroark/lyc idk they still probably take better 2 shots
Yeah after testing a bit I agree with most of this but I still think Gardy is favorable because by the time they get 4 energy you probably already knocked them out and with GoPod I still think the matchup is favourable but it is harder and any decks that can win buy going strait Zoroark can be annoying and I think scorched earth is amazing for consistency because you don't run Zoroak or much else to help you draw. And yeah Kiawe and Ho-oh kinda suck. Also thanks for your input and I will be sure to keep all that in mind when playing and testing and it's always great to get a different point of view to improve your deck!

Last edited:

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
In a Solgaleo and Glaceon format, I think Ho-oh GX will be the better partner for Garb. Most of the decks that are currently good likely won't stick around once the new set drops. Ho-oh Benedict's more than Salazzle because it utilizes Max Elixir, isn't weak to Glaceon, and has one-shot potential on every basic GX in the game. It can also snipe for 50, which IS 10 short of a KO on a lot of basics, but you usually only care about Phoenix Burn. Naturally you'd still run Turtonator and baby Volcanion for acceleration. If not in the future format, I see no place for it, since there are a lot of problems with the way you approach certain matchups