• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded M-Mewtwo/Venusaur

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
Ninja Edit: its been a long time since I've posted a Deck Garage post, if there's anything wrong, I apologize!

After hearing about the success of Shining Genesect/Venusaur at the latest Regionals, I felt inspired. M-Mewtwo Y is one of those cards I never got a chance to play around with but I always wanted to.

I had a locked FA on PTCGO, so I traded for two more, had a Venusaur line from playing Bootleg Shining Gen/Venusaur and voila, I present... this:

Pokémon: 17

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 2 Bulbasaur SLG 1
* 2 Ivysaur SLG 2
* 2 Venusaur SLG 3
* 2 Genesect LTR 16
* 1 Mewtwo EVO 51
* 1 Mewtwo-EX LTR 54
* 1 Mewtwo-EX BKT 157
* 2 Mewtwo-EX BKT 158
* 3 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 64

Trainer Cards: 31

* 1 Skyla BCR 134
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 4 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 N FCO 105
* 3 Rare Candy PRC 135
* 1 Lysandre AOR 78
* 1 Wishful Baton BUS 128
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Mewtwo Spirit Link BKT 144
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy: 12

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 8 Grass Energy 1

Please keep in mind that I have no Tapu Leles and only the one copy of Shaymin-EX.

Strategy

Basically get Venusaur up ASAP so that my Psychic Infinity swings like a truck. Lost Treasures Genesect acts as a one prize back-up attacker in case I can't get a Mewtwo powered up and also helps mitigate mulligans.

Thoughts

I feel like my Pokemon line-up is as good as I can make it without having 4 consistent copies of Mewtwo EX, and even then I wonder if it'd be worth just running the LTR Mewtwo EX as the primary attacker rather than M-Mewtwo EX...

Otherwise, the thing that sticks out to me as problematic is the Trainer line-up. Sometimes I find myself not being able to hit a draw card for turns on end which puts me behind curve. The issue is that I don't know what to cut out for more.

I also want to fit in two copies of Float Stone so that Venusaur can't get trapped in the active slot. That's happened more times than I'd like to admit by Lysandre or otherwise.

That being said, when this thing gets running, it runs like a dream. That's a large reason why I want to make this thing more consistent.

rip broken vine space

swaginator5000

Aspiring Trainer
There is actually a gardevoir in next destinies that does the same thing as venasuar but with psychic energy which would allow you to play the damage change mewtwo ex for when you opponent fails to 1 shot and you have shrine of memories in play or celebi (shining or ex).

for consistency you are definitely want trainers mail. you can also play battle compressor and mega trubo to accelerate your energy.

brigette is also really bad here as you can only get out 1 ex so fan club would be better

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
There is actually a gardevoir in next destinies that does the same thing as venasuar but with psychic energy which would allow you to play the damage change mewtwo ex for when you opponent fails to 1 shot and you have shrine of memories in play or celebi (shining or ex).[/QUOTE}

for consistency you are definitely want trainers mail. you can also play battle compressor and mega trubo to accelerate your energy.

brigette is also really bad here as you can only get out 1 ex so fan club would be better

I'll have to look into that Garde. That'd probably make things a lot easier...

HOW DID I FORGET MEGA TURBO OH MY GOD

also good point on the fan club, that's something i've run into but kinda just keep... working with for some odd reason

I FIXED IT

Last edited:

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Come on bud. No Ace Spec. Ace Specs are the ONE THING that people on this website forget. Yeah, there was a fringe deck a couple years ago with the NXD Gardevoir that does the exact same thing, only you have access to Gallade too(back then it was Plasma Storm, but the Break Through one is still a choice). If you do end up running it, Necrozma GX and Dimension Valley are totally busted. If you want me to be honest, I think your engine is bad. I understand that you don't have Lele to work with, so let's address other parts. 2-2-2 Venusaur line is super inconsistent with 3 Candy. Up the line to 3-2-3 or 3-1-3 with 3 Candy or 4 Candy respectively(or Gardy if We're going that route). Uhh, S-Genesect/ Venusaur hasn't won anything at all, sorry to burst your bubble. Maybe it got a top 32 in juniors or seniors, but in masters for the regionals Shining Legends has been legal, it hasn't even gotten a single top 128.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
4 Rescue Stretcher is also overboard. You could get by with 1 and a Super Rod. You really want to play 4 Ultra Ball, Colress is really good for this type of deck, the abovementioned Mega Turbos, and you don't need Brock's Grit or Skyla.

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
Come on bud. No Ace Spec. Ace Specs are the ONE THING that people on this website forget. Yeah, there was a fringe deck a couple years ago with the NXD Gardevoir that does the exact same thing, only you have access to Gallade too(back then it was Plasma Storm, but the Break Through one is still a choice). If you do end up running it, Necrozma GX and Dimension Valley are totally busted. If you want me to be honest, I think your engine is bad. I understand that you don't have Lele to work with, so let's address other parts. 2-2-2 Venusaur line is super inconsistent with 3 Candy. Up the line to 3-2-3 or 3-1-3 with 3 Candy or 4 Candy respectively(or Gardy if We're going that route). Uhh, S-Genesect/ Venusaur hasn't won anything at all, sorry to burst your bubble. Maybe it got a top 32 in juniors or seniors, but in masters for the regionals Shining Legends has been legal, it hasn't even gotten a single top 128.

...But it got 10th at Memphis... Out of 1000 people...

swaginator5000

Aspiring Trainer
just something you should consider:
if he doesnt have any lele there is no way that he has access to an ace spec online
also this is more than likely a fun deck so no need to completely

change the engine/way of playing the deck

Can you link the regionals this did well at?
Memphis piloted by Harrison Grandish to 10th place. it was on stream twice (saturday and sunday). google has a video up on his channel about the deck.