Finished Mafia XLVII: The New Era (Fairy Tail)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so he reason for "viewing" the thread is I've had internet issues yesterday and earlier.

But for now, ##VOTE: TLS. He's made a few suspicious posts, such as saying that "mafia me would would want to be called 'scummy shaymin', just saying", and he really isn't contributing to the whole thread.
What is actually suspicious about that post?

##UNVOTE: scattered mind
##VOTE: FlavourfulPineAple

From what I have heard, he is pretty suspicious and I kind of don't want to be voted out :)
What did you hear that suggests that FPA is pretty suspicious?

My vote for him didn't count, so I am thinking he is immune from votes, like in survivor.
Not being able to be voted is generally overpowered as it means you can only die via nightkill (lynchproof is different; they normally can be voted). Either way, it’s very unlikely and not something we need to worth about right now.

Did you see my other question; “what did you hear that suggests FPA is suspicious?”

I am still a bit of a noob so I don't know too much but I can say that last game I clearly messed myself and Pinapl up. I will say that I feel this game will have a very different outcome because of another apparent noob TLS. I can't underestimate him or anyone. That is not to say that I should be underestimated either so do as you like.(I will keep posting fluff so don't say I didn't warn you)
Fair enough
It sounds like you knew what fluff is from the context you used it in, so a hy did you decide that posting fluff would be a good idea?

Did you see my other question; “what did you hear that suggests FPA is suspicious?”
While he is suspicious I would like to focus on the more inactive people from the past( hint hint Pinapl) who have bounced suspicion onto me through kills so I will be watching you

Last game I told you who to kill but you killed my main opposer instead which sold me out as mafia scum so I took you down with a major hint

Maybe someone stole my vote...

Why is it so important to give a reason for who I vote for? Why shouldn’t I keep it to myself. I don’t really understand why.
This sums that up nicely:
The town is a team. By keeping everything to yourself, you are not working as part of a team, and that must indicate that you aren’t a town member.
This is basic stuff FL. If you're not sharing your reads and information, why should we trust you and what reason do we have not to lead a policy lynch against you?

From what I have heard, he is pretty suspicious and I kind of don't want to be voted out :)
I'm gonna say it now, make a decision for yourself. You're bandwagoning and OMGUSing, and if you want to make skeptics believe you're town then just give us your thoughts. And I get that you're a newer player and most new players have a mentality like this, but don't play like your only goal is to survive (unless your scum, of course).
I am pretty sure scattered mind is immune right now, and that is kind of fishy...
Immunity from day votes sounds way too overpowered for either faction to have.

The following Vote Count is true up to Post #168

It takes a majority of 7 to lynch.
In the event of the majority vote isn't achieved, the person with the highest vote will be lynch.
In the unlikely event of a tie, an RNG will be use to decide the lynch candidate.

Vote Count - Players
1 - NinjaPenguin
2 - bbninjas
2 - Fiery_Lugia
1 - quakingpunch73
1 - GekkisaiDaiNi
2 - The Last Shaymin
2 - FlavorfulPineApl

This vote summary only reflect the Vote/Unvote posted in the thread.

quakingpunch73 #30 - NinjaPenguin
Jadethepokemontrainer #31 - bbninjas
GekkisaiDaiNi #32 - Fiery_Lugia
bbninjas #33 - NinjaPenguin (UNVOTED - #138)
Lord o da rings #35 - quakingpunch73 (UNVOTED -#142)
scattered mind #39 - bbninjas (UNVOTED - #65)
NinjaPenguin #47 - GekkisaiDaiNi
The Last Shaymin #59 - bbninjas (UNVOTED - #77)
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK #62 - bbninjas
scattered mind #65 - The Last Shaymin
The Last Shaymin #77 - scattered mind (UNVOTED - #159)
Fiery_Lugia #101 - bbninjas (UNVOTED -#127)
Fiery_Lugia #127 - quakingpunch73
bbninjas #138 - Fiery_Lugia
Lord o da rings #142 - FlavorfulPineApl
FlavorfulPineApl #148 - The Last Shaymin
The Last Shaymin #159 - FlavorfulPineApl

> Not Voting & Need to start posting in thread.
@mordacazir

Countdown Timer

Sorry for not posting until now my Ipad is dead and I went to special turin this weekend. But let’s go:
For the sake of a first day Lynch,
##VOTE: bbninjas
I meant trial
Here he is thinking about lynching and it just seems to me that he forgot to dumbtell.
On the other hand, he could be trying to hammer bb, which is something even brand new scum would know to do.
Okay, in my first game, I didnt know what hammering was till I hammered my own scum friend Vom, so that is not enterily true for stupid people like me. :p

Also, I think you forgot the d in saved @GM DracLord
Please dont be the grammar police, most people know what drac meant there and it just clogs up the thread.
Now that you've met the traditional requirements of voting me,
##vote:bbninjas
##unvote:

Sorry had to do that.
By checking the vote counts, it seems like there's a phantom vote in play, by that I mean a vote that is submitted through PM and not in the thread. As of now, I think it belongs to scum, because it was placed on bb, who was heavily voted for in RVS, and myself, who was under a bit of scrutiny for asking about flavor earlier, so it seems like scum is trying to gain an easy lynch as of now. By asking about it in thread, I was clarifying, and confirming the existence of this phantom vote, which means that no one should ever be put on L-1 as long as that vote is in play, because scum might try to go for the easy lynch.
It could also be a ability where you choose like 3 people night 0 and you get a double vote weight on them, or choose 1 each night. Low possibilty though.
This is not a useless post, actually. And while I’m at it, I am taking note of those who I see viewing this thread and don’t end up posting. I can’t build reads on people who don’t post, and I don’t want to lynch someone who’s actually participating in the game because they are the only people I can actually form reads on.
I also do that most of the time but is there a specific reason you have to post that in thread?

You heard it from you scum team or something?
Maybe someone stole my vote...
Or you just have a vote weight of 0. But can you stop posting about your VW and start contributing?

You realise who you are planning on ISOing, right? I’ll just let you think about the problem with doing that...
Never said I was ISOing Lugia. I said I might be. :x

In fact:
##Vote: Ninja Penguin

You were scum the past couple of games, so obviously, you're scum yet again. :U

If anyone knows the flavor material well, could they explain some characters who could potentially be roles for us non-Fairy Tail-ers?
Random question is random, we've been through why this is scummy.
##VOTE: Ninja Penguin

Let's not get onto off-topic discussion on flavour. It rarely helps.

I'd suggest looking at that wiki; from the OP I think that those part of this faction are probably town: http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Fairy_Tail_(Guild).
Although I would be careful about role names. I had difficulty figuring out who my role was, because the last name on the role and the last name on the wiki were different, so there may be dub differences or something.
Why the bandwagon? And how come you're telling Quaking not to get off-topic, while giving him more info about the roles?
I did take a brief gander at my character on the wiki, and my character has a different last name there too, so this seems really plausible.
More off-topic fluff. :/
Well, I was just confirming what bb had said about potential dub differences. :U
True, but it's still useless fluff.
I assume you checked out your character on the wiki as soon as you got your role?
More fluff than a super-sized Fluffernutter sandwich.
Yeah. I took a brief look on the Wiki, including my character to see who they were in the context of the flavor, since Drac's wording is kind of confusing. I didn't really look at anyone else though, which was why I asked about flavor earlier.
And the fluff continues. Although it really had become the conversation at this point, it's still fluffy. I guess it makes sense that he wanted to understand his role better, though.
What do role names have to do with anything? I only really looked at my character's page, but there was too much information on the wiki for my tastes, which made it pretty confusing, and my character having a different last name made even getting to the page in the first place kind of confusing. It would be easier for getting a better idea of who everyone was in the form of a viewer who could easily summarize everything, instead of the information overload given to me by the wiki would make things easier to digest and be easier to understand for me and others who get overwhelmed by the wiki. But, what does Rolefishing have to do with this?
It's kind of rolefishing because you have no reason to know what the roles would do anyways. Why do you even need/want to know the names of the roles? That's just distracting from the conversation.
Why are you answering the question I asked bb?
Why are you ignoring my point?
(I'm gonna start skipping over posts that aren't scummy now.)
b) so that we aren't the only ones posting.
The only reason you should care about being the only ones posting is if you're scumbuddies trying to stay out of the spotlight.
Oh, I was going to say that I'm reading Gekki as quite townie. He's make good contributions and is regularly echoing my initial responses/sentiments, such as regarding the rolefishing, and regarding the AtE thing on TLS. (For the record, AtE is something intentionally used to manipulate. Mafia TLS, being new, probably wouldn't be able to do that.)
Why, thank you. Now stop trying to latch onto someone who's being townread please.
@quakingpunch73 What are your thoughts on scattered mind? I'm getting mixed reads on him.
Same thing I said earlier, why quaking specifically?
Glad that you could join us. Now that you've met the traditional requirements of voting me, who do you actually think are scummy?
You could theoretically scumread this AtE but really, bb's wagon was stupid at this point, so I don't blame him for it.
By checking the vote counts, it seems like there's a phantom vote in play, by that I mean a vote that is submitted through PM and not in the thread. As of now, I think it belongs to scum, because it was placed on bb, who was heavily voted for in RVS, and myself, who was under a bit of scrutiny for asking about flavor earlier, so it seems like scum is trying to gain an easy lynch as of now. By asking about it in thread, I was clarifying, and confirming the existence of this phantom vote, which means that no one should ever be put on L-1 as long as that vote is in play, because scum might try to go for the easy lynch.
Could also belong to a townie who was suspicious of you, considering you two were the most pressured coming out of early D1.
To repeat myself, writing something off as WIFOM is lazy.
It is WIFOM, so stop saying it isn't. WIFOM points are not good and really the only people that would promote using them as a scumread (which is what you're indirectly doing here) is scum.
@Jade; nothing of particular note, although you might notice something on the read through. There was a quick “wagon” that built up on me for absolutely no reason and Fiery has been posting only votes.
Why did you not mention your early argument with Quaking? That was a main topic as well.

TLDR:

Scumreads:

-Buddy-buddy plays
-Lots of fluff
-Promoting WIFOM
-Rolefishing

Townreads:

-Some legitmate points & helpful posts
[/SPOILER]

##UNVOTE:

He's the scummier of the two IMO, because of the buddy-buddy "hey quaking, what do you think of this?" and because he was promoting WIFOM.

TLS, try to not save yourself and help us find the bad guys or we'll make sure you don't survive.
It could also be a ability where you choose like 3 people night 0 and you get a double vote weight on them, or choose 1 each night. Low possibilty though.
Role spec. isn't useful rn. Save it in your memory for if/when people claim it.
Never said I was ISOing Lugia. I said I might be. :x

In fact:
Random question is random, we've been through why this is scummy.

Why the bandwagon? And how come you're telling Quaking not to get off-topic, while giving him more info about the roles?

More off-topic fluff. :/

True, but it's still useless fluff.

More fluff than a super-sized Fluffernutter sandwich.

And the fluff continues. Although it really had become the conversation at this point, it's still fluffy. I guess it makes sense that he wanted to understand his role better, though.

(I'm gonna start skipping over posts that aren't scummy now.)

The only reason you should care about being the only ones posting is if you're scumbuddies trying to stay out of the spotlight.

Why, thank you. Now stop trying to latch onto someone who's being townread please.

Same thing I said earlier, why quaking specifically?

You could theoretically scumread this AtE but really, bb's wagon was stupid at this point, so I don't blame him for it.

Could also belong to a townie who was suspicious of you, considering you two were the most pressured coming out of early D1.

It is WIFOM, so stop saying it isn't. WIFOM points are not good and really the only people that would promote using them as a scumread (which is what you're indirectly doing here) is scum.

Why did you not mention your early argument with Quaking? That was a main topic as well.

TLDR:

Scumreads:

-Buddy-buddy plays
-Lots of fluff
-Promoting WIFOM
-Rolefishing

Townreads:

-Some legitmate points & helpful posts
[/SPOILER]

##UNVOTE:

He's the scummier of the two IMO, because of the buddy-buddy "hey quaking, what do you think of this?" and because he was promoting WIFOM.
Throwing it out there yet again that not everyone townreads you and it's stupid to think so. I certainly don't.
The case is also trash with a ton of word twisting, but I'll wait to see responses before commenting on it myself.

I didn't say everyone did. BB does though, and no one is making cases/points on me.

Mind making some points or an ISO then?
BB is the only one who's townread you, and yet you tell him this:
That simply doesn't add up. Unless you believe arrogantly that more people are townreading you.

I don't think you're that scummy, but you certainly are nowhere close to townie to me. Constantly flimsy logic.
Also, last game when you pointed that out, you were scum trying to get me lynched.
That doesn't matter; it's not a point towards you as scum for the exact reason that you've done it as town. It's a point towards something incredibly obnoxious and arrogant in your playstyle, which is even worse when you use this strange belief to make scumreads. Once again, not scummy, just bad reasoning.

Are you trying to say that BB was trying to pocket you? And if so, why pocketing and not a genuine townread from a genuine townie?

BB is the only one who's townread you, and yet you tell him this:

That simply doesn't add up. Unless you believe arrogantly that more people are townreading you.

I don't think you're that scummy, but you certainly are nowhere close to townie to me. Constantly flimsy logic.

That doesn't matter; it's not a point towards you as scum for the exact reason that you've done it as town. It's a point towards something incredibly obnoxious and arrogant in your playstyle, which is even worse when you use this strange belief to make scumreads. Once again, not scummy, just bad reasoning.

Are you trying to say that BB was trying to pocket you? And if so, why pocketing and not a genuine townread from a genuine townie?
Ill answer this later when not on phone

Because your point was flimsy to begin with and you answering a question that wasn't asked to you was a bigger issue for me at the time. Rolefishing is generally defined as baiting a player to give information about their role. What part of me asking about potential roles could be misconstrued as rolefishing?
Alright. In this situation, if a townie was suspicious of either of us and had a phantom vote to use, why wouldn't they post a fake vote in thread explaining why they voted or reasoning at that point, instead of doing it silently?

Gekki, in your arguments, you mention fluff multiple times, but explain this to me, how is posting fluff scummy/bad for the town and what do you define as fluff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back