Finished Mafia XLVII: The New Era (Fairy Tail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Yes, but now you've given him an answer to use, even if he didn't have an answer beforehand.
This might work on some people, but I'm not going to get tripped up by questions like this. I've played enough games to figure out an appropriate response had I gotten myself into a hole. In fact, I was online not long after you posted the question and could have answered it, but intentionally did not to keep the conversation open, for two reasons a) to get reactions from other people b) so that we aren't the only ones posting. (And both of those things ended happening, which is great.)

Gekki actually explained exactly why you could be rolefishing. Although the reason he gave for it being scummy isn't really because it distracts the conversation, but rather makes quaking look like he's contributing something when he's actually not (and then quaking wouldn't feel the need to participate as much if mafia, which is pro-scum). Regarding the role names; you were looking for potential characters, which logically indicates that you were thinking about potential role names. That is weird if you knew that the canonical characters had different last names to the actual roles, and misleading if you wanted to cause discussion on potential characters/role names.

Anyway, this is boiling down more to misunderstandings than anything else, so I'm dropping it.

When did I end RVS? If my question generated discussion, how is it useless?
Your question only generated discussion because I called you out for it.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Oh, I was going to say that I'm reading Gekki as quite townie. He's make good contributions and is regularly echoing my initial responses/sentiments, such as regarding the rolefishing, and regarding the AtE thing on TLS. (For the record, AtE is something intentionally used to manipulate. Mafia TLS, being new, probably wouldn't be able to do that.)

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Oh, I was going to say that I'm reading Gekki as quite townie. He's make good contributions and is regularly echoing my initial responses/sentiments, such as regarding the rolefishing, and regarding the AtE thing on TLS. (For the record, AtE is something intentionally used to manipulate. Mafia TLS, being new, probably wouldn't be able to do that.)

Just because Mafia TLS would not know about AtE term and use, doesn't mean he can't use a similar strategy. I can definitely see this kind of post made by a newbie scum, as he is not concerned with who will be lynched at all (acknowledging his vote is one of the last needed to make you fall, without any relation to context as to why you should be lynched at all), and also shows a suspicious self-awareness that may be used as a defense, and that can be also be categorized as a form of AtE.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Well okay, @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK and @The Last Shaymin, don't bandwagon a Lynch like that, BB was at L-2 super early into D1, that's ridiculous. I get it from Nick because his first and only game besides this was mine (which had the special trial mechanic), but to both of you, that's going to end up stopping conversation and prematurely ending a day, so refrain from RVS bandwagoning, at all.
Can someone translate fairy tail into english for me please?
like this, for example:

Me Miller
Tell town tomorrow
Complience? Trusted?
Identity, Other Ability

Whos miller?
Can someone translate literally everything here into English? >.>
I can only do this much.

The following Vote Count is true up to Post #50

It takes a majority of 7 to lynch.
In the event of the majority vote isn't achieved, the person with the highest vote will be lynch.
In the unlikely event of a tie, an RNG will be use to decide the lynch candidate.

Vote Placed - Players
2 - NinjaPenguin
3 - bbninjas - (4 to Lynch)
1 - Fiery_Lugia
1 - quakingpunch73
1- GekkisaiDaiNi

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quakingpunch73 #30 - NinjaPenguin
Jadethepokemontrainer #31 - bbninjas
GekkisaiDaiNi #32 - Fiery_Lugia
bbninjas #33 - NinjaPenguin
Lord o da rings #35 - quakingpunch73
scattered mind #39 - bbninjas
NinjaPenguin #47 - GekkisaiDaiNi
Yeah this is also still very... clunky. It's probably just me nitpicking, but why not organize this like vote counts were in the past few games? This is gonna confuse me for a while, but as a host it's your choice. :L
Could be me just reading this wrong, but since when is echoing townie behavior?

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Just because Mafia TLS would not know about AtE term and use, doesn't mean he can't use a similar strategy. I can definitely see this kind of post made by a newbie scum, as he is not concerned with who will be lynched at all (acknowledging his vote is one of the last needed to make you fall, without any relation to context as to why you should be lynched at all), and also shows a suspicious self-awareness that may be used as a defense, and that can be also be categorized as a form of AtE.
This actually makes some sense. However, a new player may also see people voting for someone, and automatically assume that voting them is a good decision. The AtE also isn't really that scummy, it reads more self-derogatory joke to me. On the other hand, he could be trying to hammer bb, which is something even brand new scum would know to do. Once again, I don't think he's being self-aware, I think he was just making a joke...but who knows, maybe he is being self-aware.

Honestly, the TLS case is just WIFOM.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
##UNVOTE: bbninjas
##VOTE: Scattered mind

Lol, I'm new, ok? Besides, I'm not trying to do anything... I'm just voting for whoever...
What does wifom mean?
Also what is AtE?
Now I'm hungry...

Last edited:

Draskk

Blast From The Past
##UNVOTE: bbninjas
##VOTE: Scattered mind

Lol, I'm new, ok? Besides, I'm not trying to do anything... I'm just voting for whoever...
What is this vote? Why scattered? And don't just vote for random people. It doesn't accomplish anything. Being new doesn't just give you a free pass to do scummy things or vote randomly. Read the last game.
What does wifom mean? Also what is AtE?
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=WIFOM
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Appeal_to_Emotion

Draskk

Blast From The Past
What is this vote? Why scattered? And don't just vote for random people. It doesn't accomplish anything.
With the notable exception of RVS (Random Voting Stage) at the very beginning of the game, which is used to start conversation.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

As I was trying to say, AtE is only scummy when it is intended to manipulate. People, especially townies, and especially new townies, use AtE all the time, unintentionally, because it is a normal human response. AtE is only scummy when it is INTENTIONALLY used to convince people into voting a player OR into not voting a player.

Why is having self awareness of being “bad” or “new” actually problematic or even abnormal when a new player would typically be comparing themselves against those who are posting, and when they probably don’t know how to do what everyone else is doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.