• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Glaceon/Zoroark

momand

Aspiring Trainer
4x Eevee SUM
4x Glaceon GX
3x Zorua
2x Zoroark GX
1x Zoroark BKP
3x Tapu Lele GX
1x Tapu Koko

4x Cynthia
2x Professor Sycamore
2x N
2x Brigette
2x Guzma
1x Acerola
1x Cyrus Prism Star

4x Ultra Ball
4x Puzzle of Time
2x Pal Pad
2x Choice Band
2x Float Stone
1x Field Blower
1x Rescue Stretcher

4x DCE
7x Water Energy

With decks such as Volcanion and Zoroark being big, sometimes a good idea to counter them is to shut off their abilities while keeping your own. That's where Glaceon comes in! With Glaceon GX, you get to disable your opponent's GX's abilities and keep your consistent draw power while constantly doing 120 to your opponent's active and sniping 30 to the bench!

Some fun techs to consider:
Po Town: This deck is very similar to Ninetales in which you get the ability to snipe the bench, so doing more bench damage is always good in an evolution-heavy format.

Espeon EX: Again, evolution (and Rare Candy)-heavy format. Being able to devolve these evolutions and take quick knockouts on decks like Brokenvoir is very good.

Translations:
Glaceon-GX
– Water – HP200
Stage 1 – Evolves from Eevee

Ability: Freezing Stare
As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, each of your opponent’s Pokemon-EX and Pokemon-GX in play, in their hand, and in their discard pile has no Abilities (except for Freezing Stare).

[W][C][C] Frozen Bullet: 90 damage. This attack does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

[W][C][C] Polar Spear GX: 50x damage. This attack does 50 damage times the number of damage counters on your opponent’s Active Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Cynthia – Trainer
Supporter

Shuffle your hand into your deck. Then, draw 6 cards.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

Cyrus ◇ – Trainer
Supporter

You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card is discarded, put it in the Lost Zone.

This card can only be used if your Active Pokemon is [W] or [M].

Your opponent chooses 2 of their Benched Pokemon. Then, your opponent shuffles their other Benched Pokemon and all cards attached to them into their deck.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

Last edited:
This deck is the next meta with Broken Newgaleo-Gx. Had in Cyrus prism star trainer for a bit more power against Brigette decks. This deck will be everywhere and a pain in the ass to play against. Newgaleo-Gx is very broken but since it is a tier 2 deck, it can still be a bit unreliable sometimes. This on the other hand is clutch. Denying your opponents abilities on the first turn is just discusting. This is the one thing my Ninja Box deck fears the most. I hope it's not played too much in expanded.

This deck is the next meta with Broken Newgaleo-Gx. Had in Cyrus prism star trainer for a bit more power against Brigette decks. This deck will be everywhere and a pain in the ass to play against. Newgaleo-Gx is very broken but since it is a tier 2 deck, it can still be a bit unreliable sometimes. This on the other hand is clutch. Denying your opponents abilities on the first turn is just discusting. This is the one thing my Ninja Box deck fears the most. I hope it's not played too much in expanded.

Imo Glaceon has just as much potential in Expanded if not more. Being able to block Shaymins, Hoopas, (Scoundrel Ring) Marshadows (in NM) etc. is also huge. Something tells me that Glaceon will go on to be the new Forest Curse Trevenant.

Yeah thought about that right after making the list lol
-4 Aqua Patch (it isn't really needed)

+1 Cyrus Prism Star
+2 Pal Pad
+1 Water Energy
Just remember that Pal Pad can’t target Cyrus because he’s chillin in the Lost Zone

Just remember that Pal Pad can’t target Cyrus because he’s chillin in the Lost Zone
Yep, I know

It's more or less to recover Supporters such as Acerola, Sycamore, N or Guzma if and when you need to in the late game.

After playtesting this deck, I do not believe that Glaceon itself is good enough to have a deck surrounded around it. Its damage output is too low, there are plenty of decks that don't require abilities from GXs to work (other than Lele and Zoroark) such as Greninja or Alolan Ninetales, so I believe Glaceon is a good 1-1 or 2-2 tech in a deck such as Ninetales/Zoroark which runs water energy and DCE already and has a good damage output along with the bench damage being done with Po Town, Ice Blade, etc.

A note:
Additionally, after playtesting, my friend and I realized that Zoroark/Pal Pad is EXTREMELY good in the format. Being able to discard supporters, draw 2, and instantly get them back with Pal Pad is very powerful.

Back