• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tapu Koko / Necrozma / Garb Spread (Memphis)

Toxic

TCG Player and Old Deck Collector
18 Pokemon
4-4 Garbodor (3 Trashalanche / 1 GarboToxin)
1-1 Meowstic (Ear Influence)
3 Tapu Koko (Flying Flip)
2 Tapu Lele GX
2 Necrozma GX
1 Espeon EX (Miraculous Shine)

31 Trainer
4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
3 Guzma
1 Brigette
1 Lillie
4 Ultra Ball
4 Float Stone
3 Choice Band
2 Rescue Stretcher
2 Field Blower
3 Po Town

11 Energy
7 Psychic
4 DCE

I'm dead set on playing a deck like this for Memphis as it has been testing pretty well across the board. The only red flags are Big Basic decks that set up quickly, like Volcanion and Buzzwole, before Tapu Koko can spread enough damage in the early game. The deck follows a early-mid-late game strategy of spreading with Koko early, Black Ray-GX in midgame, and then clean up with Garb in the lategame. Garb also helps the Buzzwole matchup as well as gives us access to ability lock. Meowstic's Ear Influence helps secure KOs for a single energy. Meowstic GEN is what the deck has to play until the non-GX Tapu Lele promo gets released in English.

Meowstic GEN-RC15
[P] Ear Influence: Move as many damage counters on your opponent’s Pokémon as you like to any of your opponent’s other Pokémon in any way you like.

Mostly looking for last minute opinions and change suggestions to help the deck. Any advice against the mentioned big basics decks are much appreciated. One thing I've been messing around with is running a few more energy and 4 Max Elixirs to make Necrozma more prominent in the early-midgame transition. This comes at the cost of less consistent trainers. Another option is to reduce the Garb line to fit another 1-1 Meowstic in. The current list posted is what I've gotten the best results with, but pre-tourney jitters are making me second guess some aspects of the deck.

1ronhead

Aspiring Trainer
Here is the list I've been playing for a while. Instead of garb, this list plays zoroark, which makes the deck more consistent and helps you find what you need. (I think one problem with spread decks is that you need to find all the pieces to complete the combos) I hope this would help. Good luck for Memphis!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******
##Pokémon - 19
* 3 Zorua PR-SM SM83
* 3 Zoroark-GX PR-SM SM84
* 3 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 117
* 2 Espurr BKP 58
* 2 Meowstic GEN 115
* 2 Necrozma-GX BUS 134
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155
##Trainer Cards - 31
* 3 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Rescue Stretcher BUS 165
* 2 Acerola BUS 142
* 4 Po Town BUS 121
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Guzma BUS 143
* 2 Brigette BKT 161
* 2 Choice Band BUS 162
* 3 Field Blower GRI 163
* 4 N NVI 101
* 1 Mallow GRI 145
##Energy - 10
* 4 Double Colorless Energy GRI 166
* 6 Psychic Energy 5
Total Cards - 60
****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

1ronhead

Aspiring Trainer
I forgot to say that when going up against basic decks, I usually just try to power up a Necrozma from the very start and finish off with meowstic later.

Toxic

TCG Player and Old Deck Collector
Couldn't grab myself a playset of Zoroark GX before the event started so I had to stick with my guns with Garbodor. I did however switch out Trashalanche entirely in favor of running all Garbotoxin and removed 1-1 Garb for +1-1 Meowstic. There were definitely some dead draw games I had in the tournament where Zoroark would have been great. But on the other hand, the Memphis meta was super ability-heavy and Garbotoxin put in a lot of work. I'm going to do a lot of testing with the Zoroark version to see how it squares up.

As for the tournament itself I ended up 5-2-2 in day one and didn't qualify for day two. I'm pretty satisfied with my score considering how unsure I was going into the tournament and how cutthroat the competition was. This archetype is something that I've been having a lot of fun with so I'll be sticking with it; fine-tuning it as best as I can at least until Ultra Prism drops in February. For those curious these were my matchups:

r1 won vs Greninja 1-0-0
r2 won vs Gorgeist 2-0-0
r3 tie vs Quad Sylveon 2-0-1
r4 loss vs Volcanion 2-1-1
r5 won vs Gardevoir 3-1-1
r6 loss vs Zoroark Lycanroc 3-2-1
r7 win vs Decidueye Zoroark 4-2-1
r8 tie vs Golisopod Garbodor 4-2-2
r9 win vs Greninja 5-2-2

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Have you guys seen the Spiritomb which does virtually the same attack as Meowstic but on a basic and for 1 dark and 1 colorless energy? That's what I play in this kind of deck.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
You got so lucky to miss all the Zoroarks. I played Drampa/ Garb, and 6 of my opponent's played them. The only one of those matchup that's particularly easy is Decidueye. Good job though