Help Buzzap Thunder help

Petrosaurus

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone, I was playing around with making a deck where I can combine Electrodes Buzzap Thunder ability with Jolteons Electric effect from AO to power up Dragonite EX from EVO quickly. I was testing it on PTCGO and it would never allow me to attach Electrode to Dragonite when I had Jolteon in play, is this a bug or something that isn't allowed?

Electric Effect:
Each of your Stage 1 Pokémon in play is now a Pokémon in addition to its existing types.

Buzzap Thunder:

Once during your turn (before your attack), you may Knock Out this Pokémon and attach it to one of your Pokémon as a Special energy card. This card provides 2 Energy only while this card is attached to a Pokémon.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Dragonite EX is a basic Pokémon, not a stage 1 Pokémon. Jolteon's effect only works on stage one Pokémon so Dragonite EX isn't effected by it.

Petrosaurus

Aspiring Trainer
Dragonite EX is a basic Pokémon, not a stage 1 Pokémon. Jolteon's effect only works on stage one Pokémon so Dragonite EX isn't effected by it.
Ooohhhh thanks >.< I'm just getting back into it and assumed Stage 1 was Basic, now I know thank you :)

Otaku

The wise fool?
Ooohhhh thanks >.< I'm just getting back into it and assumed Stage 1 was Basic, now I know thank you :)

Reading through the rulebook is your friend. :)

No, really: every now and then I still find out the answer to some seemingly complicated question is actually already given in the rule book you get with any starter deck, or can just download from the official site. Usually in the more detailed explanation of the damage step. XP