News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
So it definitely looks like Dragon type cards do not need a double type of energy anymore for the attacks. Good.

TotoBoss

Kappa
All the GXs in Ultra Prism
  • Dusk Mane Necrozma GX
  • Dawn Wings Necrozma GX
  • Glaceon GX
  • Leafeon GX
  • Dialga GX
  • Palkia GX
  • 1 Unnamed Non-UB GX
  • 3 Unnamed UB GXs
Yeah, it is confirmed that Cool Solgaleo GX and Meh Lunala GX won't be in this set. So Gardevoir is having a deep breath now becuase the big threat is in the next set.

Prism Star:
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Giratina
  • Cyrus
  • 2 Unnamed, including the possible Energy Card.

I thought the 3 unnamed ub's would the the fa/rr's of Celesteela-GX / Xurkitree-GX / Pheromosa GX. As we haven't gotten those yet

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
  • Dusk Mane Necrozma GX
  • Dawn Wings Necrozma GX
  • Glaceon GX
  • Leafeon GX
  • Dialga GX
  • Palkia GX
  • 1 Unnamed Non-UB GX
  • 3 Unnamed UB GXs
Yeah, it is confirmed that Cool Solgaleo GX and Meh Lunala GX won't be in this set. So Gardevoir is having a deep breath now becuase the big threat is in the next set.

Prism Star:
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Giratina
  • Cyrus

Solgaleo / Lunala GX could be Tin/Collection promos or not ? They were in a deck in JP, so it would make sense.

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
Just how I like my Ruler of Time, Ancient God, legendary Pokémon: Mediocre at best. Oh baby, really hyped for this card /s

The GX attack could be slightly unfair though, IF you can power it up.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I thought the 3 unnamed ub's would the the fa/rr's of Celesteela-GX / Xurkitree-GX / Pheromosa GX. As we haven't gotten those yet
When Guardians Rising and Burning Shadows were announced, it was stated that there would be 12 GX cards in the set, however in both sets FA/RR cards of other GX cards were included (and not mentioned). I think it's the same case here, where the 10 mentioned (the 5 UB and the 5 non-UB) are new GX-cards, while the Pheromosa and co. cards will be included in the set, but not mentioned prior to the sets release, if that makes any sense :)

Ilir Nikqi

Aspiring Trainer
  • Dialga-GX - Hmmm. Weak to Broski, accesible to Heavy Ball, standard HP for Basic GX, the attack is too expensive and underpowered, except the first one, the GX attack is nuts, lets you gave two turns to smash your opponent, two turns to hoard prizes, but for 5 Energy. Yes, Metal Support will help, but do you want to play lots of energy, just to use the "Once-per-game" attack? No. Prof. google said on his video, that he hates those GX attack that made him attsch extra energy just to use his "Once-per-game" attack. We have this similar case to Mewtwo-GX, Yeah, this card is pretty underwhelming. Sorry, I'll give it 1-2 Geodudes. The GX atk is good but it's too expensive
But this effect is way different then mewtwo. This effect is two turns. Similar to mage quest in hearthstone, which can be devastating. max elixirs, magnezone. I dont say right now that it will work. But if u make a deck to have a consistent use of that GX attack with an follow up attacker. you can take 4 prizes in one turn

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
GX attack is awesome, I think with much of the metal acceleration a 4 prize move is quite possible. Guzzlord has potential 4 prize attack but much harder to setup and gx attack doesn’t OHKO any GX Pokemon without prior damage.

EarthwormZim

Aspiring Trainer
They made this a dragon type without having the one thing that all dragons have. 2 energy type attacks. Dialga from Plasma Blast had a Psychic Metal combination, and the lack of Psychic energy to power up an attack means that this card should have been Metal type from the start.

I just feel that this card is a dragon for the sake of being a dragon, and not from a gameplay standpoint, where all dragons must have 2 energy type attacks.

They've just started doing single type dragon attack costs. The first one has already been released, Alolan Exeggutor GX, which only requires grass. Also, a couple days ago dragon type Garchomp was spoiled and it only requires fighting energy. I feel like it's their way of making playable dragons that don't require Double Dragon Energy, but no way it just feels like they're kind of underpowered since they don't have acceleration and nothing is weak to them.

Wechselbalg

brb
Could have some potential in future Metal Silvally builds as a 1-of tech. (Maybe 2 but I wouldn't dare to go that far yet.) Silvally already uses DCE so powering up Dialga might be easier than it seems. The second attack gets through GX-stalling Ninetales and Hoopa and Special Energy stalling Xurkitree and the GX attack could be OP if timed right. The first attack is also pretty good if you go second, put down 1 or 2 basics (or Brigette before rotation) and then reduce your hand size as much as you can. Not amazing, but I wouldn't write this off yet. Yes, Dragon typing hurts it but how many people are going to play Fairy after rotation? (Unless the next few sets will somehow boost the type again.) This is also a somewhat good counter to Fire for Metal decks because of the lack of Fire weakness. All in all a pretty good tech card in my opinion.

Last edited:

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
I think the first attack is the reason why you'd play this in a metal deck. Perhaps not the best comparison, but it's Shaymin EX that sets you up for your next turn as opposed to your current turn, but it also isn't just a dead card on your bench after you use it.

The first attack allows you to always have 7 cards in hand on your upcoming turn. Play whatever you need to play, then finish your turn with a hand refresh to 6, then draw 1 when it's your turn again. Considering the first 3 turns are almost always completely dedicated to setting up in a stage 2 deck like Solgaleo, this can grab you a ridiculous amount of cards early on with no set up required itself.

Your opponent likely won't N you on purpose because early game they'll just N you from 6 to 6 which is more or less pointless. But if you want to force your opponent to try and N you, you can play Mallow here to make sure that you at least draw 2 cards that you absolutely need, taking into account that even if you're at a hand size of 5, you'll draw 1 from the attack, then the 2nd card you stacked with Mallow come your next draw phase. This is also good late game N recovery. If your opponent N's you to 1, you just attack back up to 6 so that you aren't stalled for even more turns.

When this card releases, we'll be in a standard format where Garbodor shuts off all draw abilities like Octillery and Glaceon GX shuts off GX abilities, namely Zoroark GX here. Putting powerful draw support in the form of an attack makes this card shine a lot. And the fact that it's a basic means you can just turn 1 Brigette this out, make a set up, refill back to 6.

The second attack is actually good in my opinion. One metal and one DCE, and you have a Pokemon who can start OHKOing all of your opponent's basics and some of their stage 1 mid evolutions. It's an early pressure Pokemon who can be supplemented by a late game attacker like Solgaleo GX (and thanks to its ability Dialga won't be weak to fairy, if that even matters at this point). It comes with the additional effect of being immune to all abilities, so Alolan Ninetales BUS and Xurkitree GX can still get damaged by shred.

GX attack is a game closer. You do it if you know it'll win you the game.

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
  • Dusk Mane Necrozma GX
  • Dawn Wings Necrozma GX
  • Glaceon GX
  • Leafeon GX
  • Dialga GX
  • Palkia GX
  • 1 Unnamed Non-UB GX
  • 3 Unnamed UB GXs

Prism Star:
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Giratina
  • Cyrus
Both necrozmas are uktra beasrs fyi

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
But this effect is way different then mewtwo. This effect is two turns. Similar to mage quest in hearthstone, which can be devastating. max elixirs, magnezone. I dont say right now that it will work. But if u make a deck to have a consistent use of that GX attack with an follow up attacker. you can take 4 prizes in one turn
My point is if you're using a 5-energy GX attack, you end up using 80 for 3 attack. So the 2 excess energy after using Timeless GX is a waste, unless like what you said, having back up attackers like Free Switch with Dawn Wings and switch again to another attacker. I wish that attack cost for a Single Energy or for a DCE, not MMMCC.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I think the first attack is the reason why you'd play this in a metal deck. Perhaps not the best comparison, but it's Shaymin EX that sets you up for your next turn as opposed to your current turn, but it also isn't just a dead card on your bench after you use it.

The first attack allows you to always have 7 cards in hand on your upcoming turn. Play whatever you need to play, then finish your turn with a hand refresh to 6, then draw 1 when it's your turn again. Considering the first 3 turns are almost always completely dedicated to setting up in a stage 2 deck like Solgaleo, this can grab you a ridiculous amount of cards early on with no set up required itself.

Your opponent likely won't N you on purpose because early game they'll just N you from 6 to 6 which is more or less pointless. But if you want to force your opponent to try and N you, you can play Mallow here to make sure that you at least draw 2 cards that you absolutely need, taking into account that even if you're at a hand size of 5, you'll draw 1 from the attack, then the 2nd card you stacked with Mallow come your next draw phase. This is also good late game N recovery. If your opponent N's you to 1, you just attack back up to 6 so that you aren't stalled for even more turns.

When this card releases, we'll be in a standard format where Garbodor shuts off all draw abilities like Octillery and Glaceon GX shuts off GX abilities, namely Zoroark GX here. Putting powerful draw support in the form of an attack makes this card shine a lot. And the fact that it's a basic means you can just turn 1 Brigette this out, make a set up, refill back to 6.

The second attack is actually good in my opinion. One metal and one DCE, and you have a Pokemon who can start OHKOing all of your opponent's basics and some of their stage 1 mid evolutions. It's an early pressure Pokemon who can be supplemented by a late game attacker like Solgaleo GX (and thanks to its ability Dialga won't be weak to fairy, if that even matters at this point). It comes with the additional effect of being immune to all abilities, so Alolan Ninetales BUS and Xurkitree GX can still get damaged by shred.

GX attack is a game closer. You do it if you know it'll win you the game.
The problem is... We will get Cool Solgaleo in the next set. So Dialga won't feel Weakness protection once Ultra Prism is released.

@steffenka , pls.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
  • Dusk Mane Necrozma GX
  • Dawn Wings Necrozma GX
  • Glaceon GX
  • Leafeon GX
  • Dialga GX
  • Palkia GX
  • 1 Unnamed Non-UB GX
  • 3 Unnamed UB GXs

Prism Star:
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Giratina
  • Cyrus
Palkia is not confirmed and I don't think Palkia will be in the set. I think the last 2 are Solgaleo and Lunala

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Well, that GX attack is just silly. It'd be even more silly with Klinklang from BW base set. Otherwise, it's a pretty justified 5-energy attack.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
FA/RR only cards aren't counted toward the GX count. Look at Bulu/Lycanroc/Decidueye/Primarina/Incineroar