Help How Many Leles is Too Many?

Not an issue of budget. Budget is not an issue for the top players. They are choosing to run 3 lele because 4 is too many and the extra slot could be better used elsewhere.
Yeah, and I think many players have different priorities for which Pokemon they want attacking. The fewer, the better. That's why Tord Reklev's list won. His entire deck was centered around Garbodor and Drampa

3 Leles is the magic number.

Starting Lele is just the cost that you pay for having a really powerful effect, just like how running Guzmas, Choice Bands, and Field Blowers are simply necessary but also cause you to brick on your opening hand. Some decks are absolutely fine starting Lele, especially set up decks who need 2 to 3 turns before they want to even go in anyway.

If you're running more than 10 basics including Lele, the difference in odds of starting Lele when comparing 2 or 3 copies is ignorable. To that regards, if you run 2 lele and start lele, you only have 1 left to use if it's not prized. Your worst opener is also your best hand fix to keep you in the game, so you want more copies.

4 however is just excessive. The math just doesn't change enough for it to matter.

MOST of the time
Tord played 4 Lele when Drampa/ Garb only played 1 Garbotoxin. In this standard format what decks want 4 Lele? The only deck I ever ran 4 Lele in(and still do) is Raichu-GX. I only play 4 there because it's an important attacker for certain matchups and because I can't afford to brick on the first 2 turns.

1 isn't enough
2 is workable
3 is great
4 is clunky

It kind of depends on the deck you're playing, though. Different decks do better with higher and lower Lele counts.

Any more than 3 Leles in a Deck and it's too clunky. I think 2 is a perfect amount, and 3 can easily work just as good. The two extremes just won't work. (4 Leles, and you may end up bricking.)

Any more than 3 Leles in a Deck and it's too clunky. I think 2 is a perfect amount, and 3 can easily work just as good. The two extremes just won't work. (4 Leles, and you may end up bricking.)

I like 2 because it's $45 less than 3 xP

Like everyone, 2 is the best, 3 scratches some element of your deck, and 4 is reserved for Quad Tapu Lele GX decks.
Yes, they exist.

I believe five Leles is too many, as you can only play four of each card besides basic energy in your deck :p

In all seriousness, only you can answer this question. How many do you feel you need? Are you not getting enough Lele? Add more Lele. Are you getting too many Lele? Then decrease Lele amount

Back