Discussion I may have figured out the Raichu-GX Build for standard

Kellen

Aspiring Trainer
This is what I run currently and it has even beaten my Metagross Gx deck. Which I don't usually lose with. I have also tested this for many games via Pokemon TCG Online.

Pokemon
146687_200w.jpg

(20)
x3 Raichu GX (SLG)
x1 Alolan Raichu (CRI)
x3 Pikachu (GEN)
x1 Pikachu (CRI)
x2 Voltorb (EVO)
x2 Electrode (EVO)
x1 Tapu Koko GX (GRI)
x2 Magnemite (BKT)
x2 Magneton (BKT)
x2 Magnezone (BKT)
x1 Tapu Lele (GRI)

Supporters
(12)
x4 Professor Sycamore (BKP)
x4 N (FCO)
x2 Guzma (BUS)
x1 Brigette (BKT)
x1 Shauna (GEN)

Items
(15)
x3 Body Building Dumbbells (BUS)
x4 Evosoda (GEN)
x2 Professor's Letter (BKT)
x1 Super Rod (BKT)
x1 Field Blower (GRI)
x1 Energy Recycler (GRI)
x3 ultra balls

Energy
(13)
x2 Counter Energy (CRI)
x11 Lightning Energy

Raichu Gx just needs lightning energy in play not necessarily on him. That is why i run Electrode + Counter energy to get the ball rolling early the sooner you can stop hurting yourself the better. This is also why I run Body Building Dumbbells. This makes him 250 Hp. Making him hard to even 2 shot. These Pikachu's I run are for the new Pachirisu that is coming out in the spring since they have nuzzle. The other one is for the Pika Draw in case you start with him. I only Run 2 Electrode lines because 4 will kill you. The Alolan Raichu are in case of Alolan Ninetales or Hoopa or fighting an opponent that runs lots of personal energys (Gardivoir GX) plus hes only 1 prize instead of 2. Tapu Koko GX is for mirror or Gardivoir as well. In these cases i save my gx attack if i can help it. Magnezone is fairly obvious. To many electrodes will kill you. So you have to have another way to play lots of energies fast.

Why Evosoda and no rare candies? With electrode you don't need Magnezone quickly. Also you only need to play one Magnezone. If I ran any candies it would be 1 but then i would have to add a Skyla, which just adds another supporter which would slow the deck down.

Last edited:
Why no Clemont? Drop the Shaunas and add Clemont. If you need to, buy 2 off the internet. Also, with no Ultra balls, I would guess you get a turn one bridget, almost never? Why even put it in there?

You don't want the Clermont til late game and that's only if you have magnezone out. otherwise your stuck with a dead hand. Shauna can get you out of that plus you have letters. Brigette won't screw you. If you have oranguru and you cant play clemont your screwed.

cant take this deck seriously. no ultra balls, aether doesn't work on stage 1's, way to many Pokemon you should stick to magnezone or pachiritsu mayb 1-1 electrode, 1 field blower in an ability reliant deck, body building dumblells usage. You also run 1 lele and Bridgette with the aforementioned zero ultra balls your chance of getting in T1 is very low. I dont hate the counter energy idea but you should still find a way to clean up the deck so it doesn't have so much clunk and more outs to get your deck going

cant take this deck seriously. no ultra balls, aether doesn't work on stage 1's, way to many Pokemon you should stick to magnezone or pachiritsu mayb 1-1 electrode, 1 field blower in an ability reliant deck, body building dumblells usage. You also run 1 lele and Bridgette with the aforementioned zero ultra balls your chance of getting in T1 is very low. I dont hate the counter energy idea but you should still find a way to clean up the deck so it doesn't have so much clunk and more outs to get your deck going
Completely agree. This is just too crazy to work

Oh shit your right about the aether I'm considering dropping oraguru as well and the Lillie for 3 ultras

Here's what I've been using. I have an Electrode variant as well if anyone wants it. I need to do more testing with it and see if its any better.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Magnemite BKT 51
* 1 Magneton BKT 53
* 2 Magnezone BKT 54
* 4 Pikachu PR-SM SM81
* 4 Raichu-GX SLG 75
* 1 Tapu Koko-GX GRI 135
* 1 Xurkitree-GX PR-SM SM68
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Clemont GEN 59
* 2 Fisherman BKT 136
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 N FCO 105
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 11

* 11 Lightning Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Last edited:
I'd go with the Circle Circuit Raichu over Alolan Raichu all day....also I see what you're going for with counter energy but I feel like it won't be as useful as you like

Here's what I've been using. I have an Electrode variant as well if anyone wants it. I need to do more testing with it and see if its any better.

##Pokémon - 18

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Magnemite BKT 51
* 1 Magneton BKT 53
* 2 Magnezone BKT 54
* 4 Pikachu PR-SM SM81
* 4 Raichu-GX SLG 75
* 1 Tapu Koko-GX GRI 135
* 1 Xurkitree-GX PR-SM SM68
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Clemont GEN 59
* 2 Fisherman BKT 136
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 N FCO 105
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 11

* 11 Lightning Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
4 rare candy for 1 magnezone? that seems a little over kill why wouldn't you just run 2 with 2 skylas? Its rare when you will need both magnezones in a game.

4 rare candy for 1 magnezone? that seems a little over kill why wouldn't you just run 2 with 2 skylas? Its rare when you will need both magnezones in a game.
IT is nice to be able to play draw support and still get rare candy off

I'm back. Just did a match with Raichu GX with Raikou and Electrode. Felt WAY more consistent! When Magnezone works its great, but its too slow to set up most of the time. For those of you who want to build Raichu GX go with this build, it's brilliant.

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Pikachu PR-SM SM81
* 4 Raichu-GX SLG 75
* 2 Raikou SLG 32
* 1 Tapu Koko-GX GRI 135
* 1 Voltorb EVO 39
* 1 Electrode EVO 40
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Counter Catcher CIN 91
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 N FCO 105
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 13

* 13 Lightning Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

That list looks boss. Only thing I don't like about it is the complete lack of retreat (except for Guzma which might actually work with 4 leles).
How do you deal with the retreat?
I've been testing play 3 Lele and a Float Stone/ Switch. I was debating dropping Acerola for a 4th Guzma, but an Acerola in this deck is sooo good. Even though you don't like putting Energy back into your hand, denying prizes and recycling those Energy is even better. Oh, and there are a lot of cases where you use Thunder, since 190 for 3 and a Choice Band is amazing. Voltail GX is also great if your active Raichu has damage on it, because they have to Guzma to get around it, in which case they don't take prizes. If they Acerola, they waste resources to KO an already heavily damaged Pokemon, which will recycle some amount of Energy if your EXP.Shares are on the board. And if they do neither, you take more prizes because they can't attack or switch. The only things that worry me about this deck is the inability to fight it's weakness, and Zoroark. Those are pretty big things, so I Don't think this deck is cut out for regionals, but it can be really good for league cups

Back