Glaceon-GX from SM5!

I think one of my new favourite water cards. Turn 1 lock of gx/ex abilities is awesome. I think Vaporeon pairs nicely with Lapras instead of Ninetales due to the different weaknesses.

Now give us an Empoleon gx with a good attack and ability to play this with.

I don't care what anybody says, Glaceon is best Eeveelution. Sorry not sorry to mai boi Jolteon.

I'm not a huge fan of its one attack, cause sniping isn't really my thing, but that ability tho... Shuts down most meta decks it's crazy. GX attack is decent. Now to figure out which othet water Pokémon to play this with.
Glaceon ex with Alolan Ninetails and promo Tapu Koko.

First of all, I love this card. It's not absolutely broken, but still really good. I was thinking maybe this with the new Luxray, because going first you can't stop items. It wouldn't work every game, but if you pull it off, they can't Lele turn one and you item-lock them turn two.

It is good but that new Solgaleo GX will eat Glaceon alive.... Solgaleo being as good/hyped as he is may scare people off of Glaceon

Glaceon ex with Alolan Ninetails and promo Tapu Koko.
I believe Glaceon Ex is expanded, unless you meant the GX itself. Alolan Ninetails is a gieven, not the GX cause meh. Koko is a decent idea. I have a Primarina deck that needs some updated, looks like this will do.

I believe Glaceon Ex is expanded, unless you meant the GX itself. Alolan Ninetails is a gieven, not the GX cause meh. Koko is a decent idea. I have a Primarina deck that needs some updated, looks like this will do.
glaceon ex is still in standard. its in fates collide

Personally i find this upcoming "Metal meta" very deceiving. I wonder what they plan in order to balance the game out after Solgaleo-Gx releases. This pokémon will completely break the game and they keep adding one good card after the other for Metal decks.

Not a single pokémon will be able to take a OHKO on Solgaleo-Gx without a gimmick. Only Fire decks will have the possibility and this is if they can negate "Shining Mane" ability. For other decks Sylvally-Gx with Fire Memory, Professor Kukui? Come one, give us some decent counter.

I like the idea of Glaceon-Gx. It could work against Solgaleo-Gx if the added something else. This is what i would personally like to see:

Flareon-Gx
Ability: Each of your pokémon is also a fire type

This would open options for Glaceon-Gx to compete against Solgaleo-Gx. The card would still be weak to Metal, it would now be weak to water, but it would also have the opportunity to hit Solgaleo-Gx for weakness because it would also disable "Shining Mane". Still not a OHKO on Solgaleo-Gx but a serious option.

Last edited:
glaceon ex was released in fates collide

YES!! this card looks so cool!!!! I can't wait to see a Hyper Rare Glaceon GX!!!:)
Polar Spear might work with a Pyukumuku, i'm glad this is coming out to replace Glaceon EX

It will definitely see play, due to the easy Nightspear attack and to the ability to Lock Turn 1 Bridgette from the opponents Lele!
It also stops Gardevoir Gx's Secret Spring ability, which totally cripples it... even though it's main attack isn't good, it has a heavy hitting Gx attack.

THIS CARD IS AMAZING -- It totally cripples Lele's Wonder Tag, Gardevoir's Secret Spring, Volcanion's Steam Up, Zoroark's Trade, and more!!

When paired up with Body Building Dumbells, it will be VERY hard to OHKO...

Lol playing against a deck with this card would be a perfect time to deploy a Regigigas without having to have the other 3 on ur bench.

Back