Discussion To Puzzle, or Not to Puzzle

RileyTheRad

Awkward PokeTuber
Hey-o. I see so many top decks playing Puzzle of Time lately, and in the past I'd usually considered running PoT kind of hefty, deckspace wise.

Do you feel like it only works in specific decks? What do you think makes a deck worth running PoT?

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
All the decks is that are running it are Zoroark Gx decks. They draw so much that’s bot hard to get 2 PoT. Plus if you are stuck with a single PoT you can ditch it for Trade In or fix the top of your deck for the cards you draw from Trade In

RileyTheRad

Awkward PokeTuber
That's a good point. I have four copies in my collection somewhere and have been lowkey playing around with Zoroark lately, so I may give it a go. :)

voluntaryreboot

Aspiring Trainer
I played POT in Zoroark/Golisopod on Saturday at the London TCG cup. I hastily copied Tord's build, purely based on the Puzzles, but I'd been toying with it myself so it definitely wasn't a 60 card copy.

They're absolutely amazing, frankly I wouldn't want to play the deck without them.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I've been playing PoT in my Pidgeot deck since release and I believe that decks with specific tech cards, like Max Potion should be playing it but if the deck doesn't aggressively play Professor Sycamore. Deck space is a problem for sure but I think most decks can cut many of the four of cards they play to play them.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I find PoT to be kind of inconsistent unless you have a way to search for two PoT's like Talonflame's Aero Blitz.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Puzzle of Time works with Lapras GX. After winning a League Cup with it, I can tell you firsthand that the discard pile recycling is pretty crucial to winning with a stall deck

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
Puzzle is great in any deck heavily focused around resource management, needs to play a bunch of one card (like a mill deck playing extra hammers over the course of the game), or has good draw support to draw into puzzles. If you are playing Zoroark-GX, you should probably play Puzzles. The biggest issue with the card, I've found, is finding the space.