• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Anti-evolution Buzzwole GX for Juniors

bidou

Aspiring Trainer
Hello,

My son will soon play in a League Cup and he wants to run a Buzzwole deck (one of his favorite Pokémon in the video game) :)

I think it is a good idea since the other Juniors in our area all have evolution heavy decks :
- Gardevoir GX mainly
- Golisopod GX
- Metagross GX

Here is his list :

3 Buzzwole GX
3 Zorua
2 Zoroark GX
1 Zoroark
3 Tapu Lele GX
2 Rockruff
2 Lycanroc GX (midnight form)
1 Espeon EX
1 Regirock EX

4 Prof. Sycamore
3 N
2 Guzma
3 Acerola
1 Bridget
2 Professor Kukui

3 Brooklet Hill or Po Town
4 Ultra Ball
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Enhanced Hammer
3 Fighting Fury Belt
3 Float Stone

4 Strong Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Fighting Energy

The main strategy is pretty simple : take early KOs with Buzzwole GX on any opposing Ralts / Wimpod / Beldum while spreading some damages on the bench, preparing a future devolution with Espeon EX.

The deck has a lot of weapons to reach 60 or 70 damages on turn 1 with a single energy attachment : Strong energy, FFB, Regirock EX (with brooklet Hill), Kukui...

Lycanroc's Dangerous Rogue GX attack can take a KO on a fully evolved Gardevoir GX quite easily, bringing it in the active spot with his Ability if needed.

Zoroark GX is amazing in this deck (he is amazing everywhere indeed...).
It provides a strong draw engine and a solid attacker for a single attachment.
Baby Zoroark is an answer to baby Ninetales and to the high retreat cost of the other Pokémon.
That's the reason why I think it is better than an Octillery line (which would benefit from Brooklet Hill).

There's plenty of cards I would like to add to this deck, but the space is tight...
For example, I really love the way how Tord Reklev makes Time Puzzles shine with Zoroark GX's Trade ability. But I think it would require too much skills for a Junior...

What do you think about it guys ?
What changes would you make ?

Thanks in advance ! :D

Last edited:
Acerola x 4? Being able to heal is very crucial in this meta- and I don't think should be too complicated for your son to pick up. Mallow seems strong like it can get any two cards; but you cant Mallow & then Sycamore, Guzma or Acerola still that turn; so in that sense you'll almost always be a supporter behind than what you need, but maybe one in a crunch isnt too bad.

I think i'd cut a Lycanroc line (-1 & -1 Rockruff) and then -1 BrookletHill, -1 Mallow.

Normally, when I build a list, the deck I build DEPENDS on some Items to be present. Your Item count of 10 is absolutely scaring me. (EDIT: Never mind, thats all the items you need.) You could add more space by perhaps cutting some Lycanroc GX. I feel like it sort of impedes your strategy a bit. 2 Mallow seems a bit excessive, but if you play Scorched Earth, maybe you could pull off an interesting combo.Definitely add in one or two more Espeon EX and probably cut the baby Zoroark line.
If you find that my suggestions do not make sense, then by golly don't listen to me.
Hope this helps!
Adieu.

Since you play more than just Buzzwole as an attacker, I'd suggest dropping the Fury Belts for Choice Bands. Also, Brooklet Hill isn't a great stadium since you already have Brigette, Ultra Ball, and draw power to get Pokemon out. Plus, Po Town is much better for anti-evo anything. 3 Lycanroc is pretty excessive, I'd play 2-2 max. This deck also takes a huge L to any Garb variant, because you have absolutely no way to discard tools in a deck that relies on abilities and attacks with a psychic weak Pokemon. And while you're at it, do yourself a favor an add Enhanced Hammers. 2 Enhanced Hammer in any variant with Zoroark is great.

Thank you very much guys for your thoughts and advices ! :)

I will definitely make some changes following your comments :
- I will try to include 3 or 4 copies of Acerola
- One more copy of Espeon EX
- Po Town seems to be really great in this deck
- 2 copies of Enhanced Hammer can do wonders

I am not sold on Choice Band over FFB in this deck.
I know exactly what the meta will be, and it is very important to hit for 60-70 damages on turn 1 on a Ralts or a Wimpod.

I'll update the list as soon as possible :D

Thanks again to all of you !

EDIT : the decklist has been updated in the first post. It is quite hard to find enough room for everything ! :/

Last edited:
Thank you very much guys for your thoughts and advices ! :)

I will definitely make some changes following your comments :
- I will try to include 3 or 4 copies of Acerola
- One more copy of Espeon EX
- Po Town seems to be really great in this deck
- 2 copies of Enhanced Hammer can do wonders

I am not sold on Choice Band over FFB in this deck.
I know exactly what the meta will be, and it is very important to hit for 60-70 damages on turn 1 on a Ralts or a Wimpod.

I'll update the list as soon as possible :D

Thanks again to all of you !

EDIT : the decklist has been updated in the first post. It is quite hard to find enough room for everything ! :/
You should already have the Golisopod matchup down since Zoroark mirrors everything they do, except with less maintenance. And with a Regirock EX and Strong Energy, you do 60 to a Ralts with Buzzwole. Oh, drop a Kukui. The card as a whole isn't that good, but I can't see you ever needing more than one a game. Especially since I don't think a junior could time it perfectly. There are a lot of things that would be better than 2 Kukui. You also don't need 2 Espeon EXs, one is great, and you have Acerola and Rescue Stretcher for a reason

Back