News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Can you actually Bridgette then use the Gx attack because is say "counts as evolving" so in that right you wouldn't be able to evolve then basices you just put down with bridette?

I was literally about to ask the same thing. If you were to go second, on your first turn, surely you couldn't use the GX attack to evolve? Is it not partially the same principal as Rare Candy? Forgive me if this is completely wrong.

Well for one this is just a fan translation. When we get the official english text it may be different

Also Diance says its evolves with its attack and that works fine

Diancie does not state 'this counts as evolving that Pokemon', though. Is this not the key point?

Diancie does not state 'this counts as evolving that Pokemon', though. Is this not the key point?
Diancie specifically states that Sparkling Wish evolves the Pokemon it targets:
English version of Buring Shadows Diancie's Sparkling Wish said:
Search your deck for a card that evolves from 1 of your Pokémon and put it onto that Pokémon to evolve it.

Diance says it evolves the pokemon. They are both functionally the same thing. Not to mention the fact we don't have the official English text for Leafeon GX so it might not even say "counts as evolving"

Also as for Rare Candy, the text specifically goes out of its way to also say "You can't use this card during your first turn or on a Basic Pokemon that was put into play this turn." They why you can't use Rare Candy on the turn you put a pokemon down, not because it counts as evolving

It could be a lot worse, if the GX attack wasn't as good as it is for Decidueye, but outside of that it's kinda terrible. I was wondering when we would get another Eeveelution GX but this really isn't what I was hoping for. If Glaceon gets a GX in the set I hope it's better than this. And hey at least Leafeon's attack is better than Decidueye's attack.

Leafeon GX 99/10
  • I LOVE Leafeon. I wish Grand Bloom was not a GX attack. Art is perfect. Ability. Could be better. Would be better as not a active only ability. 200 HP will probably only last 2-3 turns late game. Probably only good as a early game/opener.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or do the Eeveelution GXs seem rather... underwhelming? I mean, aside from Espeon, which was great at best, everything else has seemed rather disappointing.

I will admit, the GX attack is rather good, but overall, it seems kinda weak...
Sylveon os great in Gardivoir

For all of you saying this card won't be good or is underwhelming, mark my words, you're gonna eat your words soon enough, cause this card is going to be great, just watch. I'll make sure to bring this back up when Leafeon is a must have card

I was wondering how they would sneak FoGP back into the format. And here I was thinking a Ramos supporter.

What about how terrifying this will be in expanded mega Ray decks? Yes, according to the wording its GX attack can mega evolve .

All you need is 1 Eevee, Hoopa EX and a grass energy on the first turn and you have 3 Mega Rays on the bench turn 2. That's a lot of FUG

Am I missing something? Because this seems really strong for Decidueye. T1 Brigette, attach a grass to SUM eevee, use GX and now your looking good for a whole lot of decidueye out there on T2.
But when this releases with prism star cyrus than it won't be much use because your opponent can just play cyrus and leave one dartrix out on your bench.

Back