News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
don't know why you're saying deluge is back @Water Pokémon Master, Magnezone BKT is still in standard giving a deluge like ability for lightning types, in fact this means we could run both in the same deck pretty easy if we really wanted to.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Magnezone - #AnotherOne. First, Registeel, Second, Cool Solgaleo, Third, this? This is toomuch for Metal types, man! This is too much! Replicated ability of BKT Magnezone but for a Metal Type. We have Registeel and Cool Solgaleo. Do we need this? 3 Geodudes. Yeah, I know, Stacks energy, vulnerable of losing all stack energy when KOed. Fisherman is going to rotate, Yeah. 3 Geodudes.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Finally! It has been a good NINE years since Magnemite, Magneton and Magnezone received a Metal-type card.

BKRapper

Aspiring Trainer
This card is incredible. Anyone see this and Plea GX being a problem?
Maybe. If you could manage to stick Octillery in the active and then retreat it, it could be an end-game scenario but that's a hard combo to pull off since there's no real reason Octillery would be in the front in a Gardevoir/Sylveon deck. I think Tapu Fini would be a bit more likely.

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
This will be a really really good card: or at the very least something I will use!
I'm already playing the Breakthrough Magnezone in Raichu (it does the same thing but for electric types).
Maybe this will see play with that super hyped Solgaleo deck (which will likely also include the Dawn Necrozma)

BKRapper

Aspiring Trainer
Personally, I don't like either of these cards, however I see a bit more potential in Dawn Wings than I do in Dusk Mane. If I were to play Dusk Mane, it wouldn't be in a Solgaleo deck. The new Solgaleo has a lot of synergy with the SUMO Solgaleo and the fact that they share an evolution really helps reduce the burden on deck space. Dawn Wings on the other hand could fit pretty well into turbo psychic deck. Maybe Garb on roids? Regardless, my hype train for this new set has left the station and I am eagerly waiting on it's arrival!

Ilir Nikqi

Aspiring Trainer
To much metal love bro.
Even tho the new solgaleo is colorless, its metal love

I would love to see some Dragon type love now.

and this card wont be as good as Blastioise was on a second thought. It doesnt have a Archies right

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
S T O P W I T H T H E M E T A L S U P P O R T

*hides his poor little Ninetales from all the evil people*

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
So I think this might complete their metal love and Garde hate campaign, next expansion they start introducing more anti-metal cards to get rid of the monster decks they're creating.

Though I honestly don't see this card being that great, metal decks already have so many energy acceleration recovery options (Registeel, Silvally, Rayquaza in Solg lists, Prism Star solg, SM5 solg...) that are either easier to get out or have more utility than this card. Electric Magnezone never saw much serious play even while it was the only real option for electric energy acceleration. Without an Archie, this isn't quite a Blastoise.