News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Goddamnit I liked using keldeo
image.png

Just sayin. Wasn't necessary.

Lycancario12

Aspiring Trainer
Alolan Raticate GX seems to have a lot of potential maybe on a competitive level for its first attack is practically 80 free damage for two cards out of your hand

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
True, I kinda overlooked that, I'm actually exited. Lunala is probably gonna find its way into a TON of decks, including volc
Yes! A searchable free retreater in every deck is unbelievably good. Golisopod, Volcanion even Gardevoir that struggle sometimes with retreats can rest assured.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Personally I can see both of them as tech cards in respective Silvally decks.

Dusk Mane Necrozma GX provides a soild ohko attack that the deck did not have in advance. I could see it replace Celesteela GX with Max Elixir and acceleration from Turbo Arm and Turbo Drive. On top of that Metal Silvally can also use Solgaleo Prism Star as a late game accelerator.

Dawn Wing Necrozma GX has a nice GX attack that blocks damage and all effects of attacks next turn and Invasion ensures that the deck will never be stranded with an active Silvally GX. The standard attack is at least decent. Psychic Silvally also has access to a lot of acceleration with Turbo Drive, Max Elixir and Lunala Prism Star. The latter on is also an excellent non-GX attacker. Include one or two Mimikyu and the deck looks rather decent.

I can also see Dusk Mane Necrozma as a one-off tech in Solgaleo decks but would not completely replace the old Solgaleo GX with it since it seems to need Ultra Road to deal with the massive retreat cost in this deck.
Celesteela has cemented its place as the most important and most effective Gardevoir GX counter in format after the Metal Silvie deck that came 2nd at London heavily utilised it as a secondary attacker. There is no way this will replace Celesteela, but it may replace the Genesect EX that I know Zak was playing

Frisko

Master Fire Trainer
Why is it categorizing them as Ultra Beasts, neither Necrozma nor Solgaleo/Lunala are Ultra Beasts so why does their combination become an Ultra Beast...also the Lunala isn't bad I don't know why everyone is freaking out. Can take out a majority of GX with your GX move and Choice band. Plus you become immune.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Why is it categorizing them as Ultra Beasts, neither Necrozma nor Solgaleo/Lunala are Ultra Beasts so why does their combination become an Ultra Beast...also the Lunala isn't bad I don't know why everyone is freaking out. Can take out a majority of GX with your GX move and Choice band. Plus you become immune.
Guzma is a thing. All your opponent has to do is have one, or a Tapu Lele-GX for one, or an Ultra Ball for a Lele for one to completely nullify your once a game GX attack.

Yog

Rogue
Lunala is a fantastic card you nutters. That ability on a basic is huge.

Probably not it's go-to niche, but in a Psychic deck you can get free retreat too for an energy, combined with the Altar - no float stones required.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • DM Necrozma - Awesomely awesome. Fuel it with Registeel since it is a slow Sun Prism Lion, because it can OHKO Anything. And the GX got the access much with Counter Catcher. Ko Registeel, Make DMN active, use Counter Catcher, OHKO anything FTW. 5 Geodudes confidently.
  • DW Necrozma - Which is better, this or Zoroark? It has the same effect but Zoroark is low HP than DWN. The attack is accessible with Prism Lunala, no need to worry. The GX attack is LITwick and still accesible to CC. 5 Geodudes

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Looks like Super Saiyan Blue Cyrus in Ultra Instinct mode :D

(Dragon Ball Super reference, does anyone watch the show? No? ok..)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Celesteela has cemented its place as the most important and most effective Gardevoir GX counter in format after the Metal Silvie deck that came 2nd at London heavily utilised it as a secondary attacker. There is no way this will replace Celesteela, but it may replace the Genesect EX that I know Zak was playing

Metal Silvally can be used in various manners. Celesteela GX was said to be terrible. Now that it was included in a winning deck people all the sudden love it. it was a good card to start with and part of its effectiveness comes from the alternate weakness and the popularity of Gardevoir GX. With the release of the new Solgaleo GX I assume that Gardevoir Gx will be less popular. Thus one reason to run Celesteela GX will be less prevalent. The alternate weakness is still great but Dusk Mane Necrozma GX allows Metal Silvally decks to achieve ohkos easier with all the acceleration in the form of Turbo Arm, Turbo drive and Max Elixir in addition to Solgaleo Prism Star.