Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Im wondering if poison Barb + Seviper is better than band
I think it is:
In the mirror match you can hit bonus damage
Lets say that we have 2 sevipers in play
They take 30 coming into your turn, then 30 from item lock
60 damage
+30 for poison again
So a total of 90 damage to anything compared to 60 only to an EX or GX.

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Which means that your bench is ideally:
2 Seviper
2 Luxio/Luxray
1 Shining Celebi

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
never thought of seviper and poison barb. might be a fun idea. the opponent can't use field blower since they're item locked, and if they attack into you they get poisoned.
i half thought of using Nihilego as poison set up. To remove the poison and confusion on your self, you could just evolve up, or de-evolve back into luxio.

if its just seviper/poison barb, then Sea of Nothingness becomes a really great stadium card, as the opponent is unable to remove the poison from evolving.

Last edited:

jo1teon

Aspiring Trainer
Small detail: Intimidation Fang debuffs damage BEFORE weakness and resistance. This is huge. Buzzwole does 0 to Luxray without a Strong Energy or Fury Belt.

Where did you hear this?! I thought it was the opposite :O
if this is true I am definitely making a Luxray deck >:3

Ardma-Rohar

Once upon a time, I was a Snorlax.
Is there a way besides Vikavolt to make this strategy more sustainable? Having 2 or 3 L energies in the discard after each attack would be kinda bad w/o it. There has to be a way, though, because this WILL NOT be teched into VikaBulu.

I've heard several people mention running Magnezone from breakthrough with the support of Starmie from Evolutions. Perhaps with the additional support of Clemont from Generations and Fisherman from Breakthrough?

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
Incorrect
jet punch does 30 damage
Reduced by 30 from intimidating fang = 0
0 x 2 for weakness = 0

I thought it was after applying weakness and resistance. after reading this post, i went back and saw that luxray applies the effect before weakness and resistance, so yeah... Buzzwole does zero damage to the active but can still do 30 to a bench luxray, since the ability only works in the active.

but luxray has free retreat! you can keep retreating the 2 luxrays around to prevent kos.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Nishida has wonderful work. I love her Marill from Diamond & Pearl and just about all of her work. Delcatty from RS was my first holo when I was starting to get back into the game. I hold that card dearly to my heart.

Waplozes

*Trumpeting Peaks*
I've heard several people mention running Magnezone from breakthrough with the support of Starmie from Evolutions. Perhaps with the additional support of Clemont from Generations and Fisherman from Breakthrough?
True, however, this is teching a stage one AND a stage two. Sounds super clunk to me.

Waplozes

*Trumpeting Peaks*
Maybe, also, there is brock's grit. turn after, grab four of those 6 energies with clemont.

Slurma

Aspiring Trainer
It's definitely good, but with the increase of large hp stage 2 Pokemon, with not much hp of itself, it'll be hard to make this deck work.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Interesting... A damaging Item locker that could do it pretty efficiently, unlike Noivern-GX. There are a few issues to figure out, though:

1. Damage output. 30 damage is sadly not good to use for long in a slower format we now have. Item lock isn't as good as it used to be, either: Supporters like Acerola and Guzma are still powerful tools that easily upend a lock strategy, as well as the super efficient energy costs we value.

2. Support. if we consider using the Shining Celebi-Luxray combo, as well as Tapu-Lele-GX for Brigette, we're left with less bench space for other support to energy accelerate, develop more Luxray, or boost damage. The support really needs to be a Big basic, too, to work with an attacking Stage 2 line. So far, Electric support comes mainly from other Stage 2's, which makes any ideas with them look clunky...

Sorry to say it, but I don't see it having the right tools to make the cards work yet.

Memory

不安のない挑戦はない
This would have been much better if we had stuff like laser bank so that you could do more damage while locking.
Too bad, laser bank is expanded, and in expanded, Seismitoad is just better.