• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Decidueye/Golisopod!

Kristen

Aspiring Trainer
4-0 so far with it but I managed to defeat a Volcanion deck with it just not long ago so I thought it was worth a post. Fire is a dangerous matchup for this deck but with the way this deck plays, hitting numbers isn't too hard at the right times.

I'm sure people have good reason not to be playing this archetype but honestly, fire is a hard matchup for Golisopod anyways but as mentioned before, hitting numbers with this deck is so great that if I set up fast enough, I have a shot.

Float Stone could be a welcome addition but not sure where the room is for it.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 3 Rowlet SUM 9
* 2 Dartrix SUM 10
* 3 Decidueye-GX SUM 12
* 3 Wimpod BUS 16
* 3 Golisopod-GX BUS 17
* 2 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Evosoda GEN 62
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Acerola BUS 112
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 N FCO 105
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 3 Rare Candy PRC 135

##Energy - 11

* 7 Grass Energy 1
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

swaginator5000

Aspiring Trainer
the list seems fine overall the only big reason most people don't play this variant is that zoroark can do the same thing but better.

Kristen

Aspiring Trainer
the list seems fine overall the only big reason most people don't play this variant is that zoroark can do the same thing but better.

Zoroark is interesting but some players have said the inclusion of that is awkward because they kinda do the same thing for that pairing. (Aside from ability). Decidueye makes it easier to put damage onto threats easier and with Acerola, i'm never truly in danger of being knocked out easily. It really helped me in my matchups thus far. It's definitely a viable contender but I doubt it sees much play sadly. It'd be a good time since fire is kinda quiet right now.

1ronhead

Aspiring Trainer
Zoroark is interesting but some players have said the inclusion of that is awkward because they kinda do the same thing for that pairing. (Aside from ability). Decidueye makes it easier to put damage onto threats easier and with Acerola, i'm never truly in danger of being knocked out easily. It really helped me in my matchups thus far. It's definitely a viable contender but I doubt it sees much play sadly. It'd be a good time since fire is kinda quiet right now.
I guess what he means there is zoroark/decidueye. Zoroark can also hit for 120 with 1 attachment, but also has its ability.

lukas2aces

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Not sure if Zoroark does it better, I like the idea and it's at least worth testing. You actually can play Max potions as well if you want to, for your Decidueye GX (most likely you're not going to attack with it and/so they won't have any energy on them, so that won't 'hurt'), but a 4th Acerola might work as well, although you will not want to have to evolve them again. I think I would cut 1 Dartrix out then.

However, I do expect fire to make a great comeback (in combination with Garbodor most likely, and if fire is even really 'away') after the new Solgaleo GX will come out, and the really interesting Solgaleo GX combination has been made). That will be in February 2018. Just to refresh:

Solgaleo-GX – Metal – HP250
Stage 2 – Evolves from Cosmoem

Ability: Shining Mane
Each of your Pokemon has no Weakness.

[C][C] Turbo Strike: 120 damage. Attach 2 basic Energy from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

[C][C] Prominence-GX: Heal all damage from each of your Pokemon. (You can only use 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Not sure if Zoroark does it better, I like the idea and it's at least worth testing. You actually can play Max potions as well if you want to, for your Decidueye GX (most likely you're not going to attack with it and/so they won't have any energy on them, so that won't 'hurt'), but a 4th Acerola might work as well, although you will not want to have to evolve them again. I think I would cut 1 Dartrix out then.

However, I do expect fire to make a great comeback (in combination with Garbodor most likely, and if fire is even really 'away') after the new Solgaleo GX will come out, and the really interesting Solgaleo GX combination has been made). That will be in February 2018. Just to refresh:

Solgaleo-GX – Metal – HP250
Stage 2 – Evolves from Cosmoem

Ability: Shining Mane
Each of your Pokemon has no Weakness.

[C][C] Turbo Strike: 120 damage. Attach 2 basic Energy from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

[C][C] Prominence-GX: Heal all damage from each of your Pokemon. (You can only use 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2
If fire plays Garb, Volcanion doesn't work

lukas2aces

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Sorry, I'm missing your point. I just said fire might come back, didn't say it would be Volcanion again, could be something like Ho-Oh - Salazzle (- Garbodor) as well. There are more fire-variants now already in the game. Besides that, even a Volcanion without abilities can OHKO a Decidueye GX. But indeed, it wouldn't make sense to combine Volcanion (which is great because of the ability) with Garbodor, I get that.

All fire decks will be a serious thread to this deck...

Last edited:

Kristen

Aspiring Trainer
I hear your points and honestly, lately, i haven't been having the best of times with the deck. I think I've made Golisopod a more inconsistent deck by adding in Decidueyes, although, the archetype did place well at Worlds in Seniors or Juniors I think. Not the same as Masters but it's not terrible if it did well at that stage.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
So...? Sorry, I'm missing your point. I just said fire might come back, didn't say it would be Volcanion again, could be something like Ho-Oh - Salazzle (- Garbodor) as well. There are more fire-variants now already in the game.
I hear your points and honestly, lately, i haven't been having the best of times with the deck. I think I've made Golisopod a more inconsistent deck by adding in Decidueyes, although, the archetype did place well at Worlds in Seniors or Juniors I think. Not the same as Masters but it's not terrible if it did well at that stage.
Also keep in mind that worlds was a different format. Zoroark does the same thing for lower maintenance while having a great ability. I would consider playing that variant of Decidueye.