• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Seismitoad/Poison

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 1 Dragalge FLF 71
* 4 Seviper BUS 50
* 1 Skrelp FLF 44
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Seismitoad-EX FFI 106

##Trainer Cards - 43

* 1 Ghetsis PLF 101
* 1 Shadow Triad PLF 102
* 3 Acerola BUS 112
* 4 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123
* 1 Startling Megaphone FLF 97
* 3 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Virbank City Gym PLS 126
* 1 Colress PLS 118
* 4 Crushing Hammer SUM 115
* 3 N FCO 105
* 3 Poison Barb SUM 124
* 3 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 3 Professor Sycamore XY 122

##Energy - 4

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Hola amigos. This is my list for a Quaking Punch deck which heavily uses the Poison Special Condition to inflict extra damage. Let me know what I can improve about this build.

Last edited:

Kevin Wind

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe you should add replace Choice Band with Poison Barbs to more consistently poison your opponent quicker and less Sevipers because your ratio of poison to poison support may clog your deck; you have a greater chance of supporting your poisons than having a poison. Also, you maybe should add some water energy if your opponent has energy denial or cards that counter against special energy such as Aegislash-EX or Giratina-EX
s-l300.jpg

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe you should add replace Choice Band with Poison Barbs to more consistently poison your opponent quicker and less Sevipers because your ratio of poison to poison support may clog your deck; you have a greater chance of supporting your poisons than having a poison. Also, you maybe should add some water energy if your opponent has energy denial or cards that counter against special energy such as Aegislash-EX or Giratina-EX
s-l300.jpg
Not sure if either of the cards you talked about still see too much play, and I do play Puzzle of Time is DCE recovery is so desperate, but I will definitely replace Bands with Barbs!

Kevin Wind

Aspiring Trainer
You have a good point, but in expanded Darkrai/Giratina is well-known deck and even I run my own variant of Seismitoad/Giratina. I also forgot in my last post for this deck list that I would also like to point out you can replace 1 copy of Accerola for either Dowsing Machine or Scoop Up Cyclone. My reasoning for Dowsing Machine is because its a better Puzzle of Time and Scoop Up Cyclone because its an Item and that it can be brought back using Puzzle of Time. (One play you can use is to play Dowsing Machine as a secondary Puzzle of Time that can also bring back Puzzle of Time). This is also why I recommend Scoop Up Cyclone because you also can use this multiple times via Puzzle of Time.
180px-DowsingMachinePlasmaStorm128.jpg

Scoop-Up-Cyclone.PLB.95.png
Sorry for the inconvenience of the size of the Scoop Up Cyclone I couldn't seem to put it any less smaller.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Why no VS Seeker??

No Ace SPEC? I'd suggest adding Dowsing Machine or Computer Search.

One of your challenges will be inflicting sufficient damage to take enough prizes over the course of the game without decking out. With Acerola, AZ, Guzma, Olympia, Pokémon Center Lady, Warp energy, some "switching" Pokémon and Garbodor, players have a variety of options of removing the Poison condition. So, you may want to consider including some W energy in order to optionally use Seimitoad EX's Grenade Hammer attack.

Last edited:

swaginator5000

Aspiring Trainer
i do not know if you have seen it but here is Grant's list he used to a top 8 at Daytona Beach and while I don't recommend playing it card for card as you should do your own testing to see what you like i do recommend looking at it for inspiration.
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 13

4 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20
2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
1 Dragalge FLF 71
1 Skrelp FLF 44
4 Seviper BUS 50
1 Giratina PR-XY XY184

Trainer Cards - 43

3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
3 Acerola BUS 112
2 N FCO 105
1 Guzma BUS 115
1 Lysandre AOR 78
1 Team Flare Grunt GEN 73
1 Skyla BKT 148
1 Karen PR-XY XY177
1 Teammates PRC 141
1 Colress PLS 118
4 Virbank City Gym PLS 126
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
4 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123
3 Poison Barb SUM 124
2 Float Stone BKT 137
2 Field Blower GRI 125
1 Special Charge STS 105
1 Switch SUM 132
1 Nest Ball SUM 123
1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
1 Computer Search BCR 137

Energy - 4

4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

also @Kevin Wind i dont want to be rude as some of your points are good and valid but you should catch up on what decks are doing well in both the expanded and standard meta. Example Darkrai/Giratina is no longer played in expanded but your idea about poison barbs was great so ill leave 2 links one that was all the top 8 decklist for the most recent events and another to the list off all players who have made day 2 at regionals and what decks they where playing.
https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/championship-series-event-results/
http://thecharizardlounge.com/tournament-results/2017-2018-regional-championship-results/

Kevin Wind

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for your two links swaginator5000, I'll examine these deck lists and probably test these variants on PTCGO later. Quick question, what is your favorite deck that uses a "Lock" Mechanic?

swaginator5000

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for your two links swaginator5000, I'll examine these deck lists and probably test these variants on PTCGO later. Quick question, what is your favorite deck that uses a "Lock" Mechanic?
i'm not a huge fan of playing lock decks especially not in the current standard format but in expanded i guess it would be accelgor stoutland but even then i don't play it often

Kevin Wind

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for your feedback, I was just finishing my Seismitoad deck that incorporates ability lock, poison, 21 or 23 items, and energy denial.

Kevin Wind

Aspiring Trainer
When I said 21 or 23 items, I meant that I'll either add two head head ringers or two team aqua base.
Which one should I play?