News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

I like the design of the card, and that prism star Pokémon are basic. Regardless of playability, the collector in me loves the design. It'll be nice having high rarity cards other than the mostly unappealing full arts (I find regular art GX cards way more aesthetically pleasing). Also hoping the English version gets a black border like the Japanese one. Looks slick.

LOST ZONE OH MY GOSH!!!!!!

HAPPY!

Prism seems like a nice thing, I wonder how else they will interect with the lost zone.

I'm really happy to see that they brought the lost zone back. It's nice to see that the game has started to become a little bit more advanced over time.

I can see that Solgaleo being used early game with the GXs, it's HP is big enough to last a few turns to get everything rolling. In Expanded, no less with better discard options like Compressor.

But that doesn't necessarily matter to me, what matters is how nice this thing looks! I'm definitely collecting them all honestly. Those black borders are really nice. I wonder if it'll be textured, or maybe it'll have that theme deck cracked ice foil to it or something.

This era is already being really nice to collecting, with Shining Legends and now even this. At first with this era I was incredibly skeptical and negative but honestly, it's been shaping up to be pretty good. I even find Rainbow Rares pretty cool these days, after FINALLY owning one and seeing how it really looks.

I'm loving this card! The design looks really awesome! Oh man I just hope Lugia will make an appearance in the coming sets!

omg this is super exciting! I never had the chance to play with the lost zone before, so I'm stoked for that. Also, I love the look of the Prism Stars. Can't wait to see more of these!

(Activate @Mr. Rhyperior impression but with Goomy.)
The fact that this Pokémon is a Basic, one prize, AND 160hp, is outstanding.
On the other hand, the "no more than 1 OP Pokémon in a deck and you can't Rescue Stretcher it back" rule is half silencing.
The first attack is simply OP.
The second attack is simply OK.
Overall Goomy Rating:
(drumrolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll)
8/10 Goomies

Interesting new mechanic. I don’t love bringing back evolution Pokemon as big basics, but it’s certainly balanced by the “one-of” rule.

I think it’s important to note that a non ex/gx is not as easy to OHKO at 160hp since choice band wouldn’t help (w/FFB this almost assuredly survives) . You could put it out there, accelerate up to 6! energy, take a hit and acerola back into your hand for the late game.

2nd attack is mostly pointless, although might be a backup in a solgaleo gx deck against a SHL hoopa.

Decent card but kind of wish it looked a bit better, I don't know even a kind of half art or something - but interested to see the kind of finish the card has, all Holo, parts Holo etc

This means that it's likely for Dawn Wings and Dusk Mane to be ultra prism basic pokemon. Which makes sense, though I am kind of disappointed they didn't go for a BREAK-type evolution for Solgaleo and Lunala.

6 means we get lunala, solgaleo, dusk mane, dawn wings, and ultra necrozma and still would have one leftover, so we have to be getting at least one non-USUM star prism card.

i never get why people in these threads just instinctively call everything bad, there were even people in the Gardevoir-GX set saying it 'wasn't that good'.

This is a good card that will probably be played most metal decks (aside from Metagross maybe, though it actually does have utility in that deck) until it rotates. Name another single card tech that offers half as much as this.

I think the first attack is a little to inconsistent in the early game for my tastes, but nonetheless, I'm excited for a new mechanic.

This is a good card that will probably be played most metal decks (aside from Metagross maybe, though it actually does have utility in that deck) until it rotates. Name another single card tech that offers half as much as this.

Name a metal deck that actually needs late game energy recovery.

Metagross and Solgaleo are the only metal decks around, and solgaleo is going to be getting the amazing Solgaleo GX in this same set, so it won't need this.

I'm fine with strong basic Pokémon like this. There won't be decks based around them, and the format will stay slow.

Name a metal deck that actually needs late game energy recovery.

Metagross and Solgaleo are the only metal decks around, and solgaleo is going to be getting the amazing Solgaleo GX in this same set, so it won't need this.

newGaleo is good energy acceleration, but it has to things going against it:
2 Prizes given up when KO’d
Is a stage 2

Solg Star has three things going for it that are better than NewGaleo
1 Prize attacker
Basic
Can accelerate up to 6 energy and power up 2 CONSECUTIVE SunSteel strikes

Is it better than NewGaleo: debatable
will it be used WITH NewGaleo: 100%

(And the great thing is, you can most-likely keep it alive for like many turns because New Gallo=No weakness, 160 HP and a one energy attack means it can be acerola’d and max potion’d to keep it alive, so maybe you can get off like 4 SunSteel Strikes before it dies) AND discarding it puts it in the discard, so it can be rescue stretcher’d (if it isn’t KO’d of course)

Back